+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Rivkah
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: How is the open world pvp on bloodiron this days ?

Soulwalker

Default How is the open world pvp on bloodiron this days ?

I played Rift purely pvp, but the last time i came back, i couldn't even finish daily pvp quests because there were absolutely no enemies at the quest spots.

so since im bored and thinking about a little comeback to rift.. how is the open world pvp today? none at all ? only at prime time ? bgs only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Juidara View Post
    I played Rift purely pvp, but the last time i came back, i couldn't even finish daily pvp quests because there were absolutely no enemies at the quest spots.

so since im bored and thinking about a little comeback to rift.. how is the open world pvp today? none at all ? only at prime time ? bgs only ?
    Open world PvP has been pretty dead since vanilla. Griefing was always a big problem and there's no way to balance in open world like there is with bolstering in warfronts so that tends to be where most PvP takes place. Conquest was shutdown and more recently Port Scion. Both of these were also difficult to balance and with scion more specifically because it wasn't just an easy matter of scaling up npcs which is what the warfront was mostly based around and so it came down to a time / resources sink which just wasn't worth it. Vladd posted his in depth response to the reasoning behind it which you'd have to dig for yourself.

Since open world pvp isn't relevant, you can pretty much pick any server you want and shard hopping is also a thing as well so if you want to occasionally hop to seastone to see if anyone's running around then you're free to do so.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Juidara View Post

There's no open world pvp at all to speak of, conquest is gone forever, and balance in pvp is atrocious unless you play the classes that the devs can't seem to ever adequately nerf. We haven't gotten any new PvP content for a year now. I'm sorry to say that if you like PvP you probably won't find a great experience in this game currently.

As stated earlier, open world pvp is non-existent. I'm not even sure what's the point in keeping pvp shards up if there is no intent whatsoever to work on reviving this part of the game. There's plenty of things that could be done but apparently that's not one of the priorities at the moment. That being said, we don't even know what are the priorities tbh. So if there's anything else besides PVP that you're interested in - feel free to pick any shard as you can switch between them whenever you like.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread