+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Hey umm can we bring back our veteran pvp players?

Default Hey umm can we bring back our veteran pvp players?

Its getting boring down here in the wfs and i Heard lots of fun stories about CQ, could we bring it back, improve it and have fun? Oh and add back pvp gear, pvp stats and pvp requirments to wear the gear? Yknow alot of people apparently left the game cuz of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Its getting boring down here in the wfs and i Heard lots of fun stories about CQ, could we bring it back, improve it and have fun? Oh and add back pvp gear, pvp stats and pvp requirments to wear the gear? Yknow alot of people apparently left the game cuz of that.
    Unfortunately, because this deals with PVP, that will be a NO!

I'm all for it of course...................

Default >.>

Damnit Semi...

We are still here... just on alts...

waiting for that moment Trion releases the power seals placed upon us. Have you seen the anime hellsing? Like that but we cant release them... only Trion can

"Monster rank 8..."

*Crosses arms on chest*

"Release 9 seals"

*Turn into some crazy dog thing then one shots the monster*

Sadly for us vets it is like this...

"Prim with new soul"

*Gets on discord*

"Dude is that soul broke?"

*Crosses arms waiting for an answer*

"Well... yes and no"

*Hangs head low*

Well let me see.....let me think about it .....should i get back or not?.....one shooting noobs....salty tells...toxic comunity....horrific conditions....plat sink to upgrade almost none existing decent pvp frags....close to no or better absolutly no Dev support for pvp related issues because Trion makes no money out of it....CQ gone....buggy wfs....broken abilitys...AFK players...terrible match making (curse my ELO) ....let me get back to you on that later after i hang myself.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

To answer the OP's question: No

I believe all the veterans made a pledge not to return to the game unless PvP was actively developed.

Trion's direct messaging through the community managers is that PvP is not a focus, and also claims it "never" has been a focus.

The other direct message is an acknowledgement from the community managers that there are better games out there for PvP OTHER than Rift.

I think those are some pretty clear statements.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

This is disappointing. I actually came back cuz i was fiending for some WF and conquest.

Is this not a thing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    This is disappointing. I actually came back cuz i was fiending for some WF and conquest.

Is this not a thing anymore?
    holy moly thats a name i havent seen in a long time.

cq is gone, not a problem by me i alwasy thought it was a poorly thought out messed rushed to coincided with the launch of GW2. i was there on the day peeps farmed max CQ power in minutes from farming at base.

wf are the worst they have ever been, some people personally just even avoid queueing anymore. the pop is pretty much dead and the devs claim this was "never a pvp game"

Warfronts yes, conquest no.

Well I came back and am mostly having fun. Warfronts still pop at all hours of the day and night. Fun to see old names and new. It isnt as fun when you are against a full team of primalists... yes that happens...

One of my saddest Rift moments was the other night when i was playing at 2 in the morning when we were facing the same people over and over and my little duo turned into a 4man. We felt guilty and had to disband, but not before people were crying that we were ruining warfronts.

I have been with Rift through thick and thin, but never have I felt I shouldn't be grouping with others if I wanted to. It does need to bring back more good players!
    Pandia | Pandita | Kochochan | Tiamo
    <Natural Born Killers> and <-Every Time-> @Deepwood
    Stream on Twitch

Rift Disciple

I've been thinking about coming back, the game just seems too ****ed to play now. I wish it weren't the case, rift is my favorite game of all time. RIP
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Quote Originally Posted by Pandia View Post
    Warfronts yes, conquest no.

Well I came back and am mostly having fun. Warfronts still pop at all hours of the day and night. Fun to see old names and new. It isnt as fun when you are against a full team of primalists... yes that happens...

One of my saddest Rift moments was the other night when i was playing at 2 in the morning when we were facing the same people over and over and my little duo turned into a 4man. We felt guilty and had to disband, but not before people were crying that we were ruining warfronts.

I have been with Rift through thick and thin, but never have I felt I shouldn't be grouping with others if I wanted to. It does need to bring back more good players!
    I second this. It is pretty bad when facing a primalist pm, miracles can still happen though rarely.

As for the feeling guilty part, that always happens when steamrolling the other side, this expansion has definitely diminished the fun in pvp for me and certainly for all the people who have left already.

Seey you around.
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

OMG Pandia my favorite healer! Except when I LOS, then its like go ahead and die squirrel.
    Admiral Squirrel (Unofficial Guild Squirrel Recruitment Officer.)
    AKA:Foamysquirrel, Cptsquirrelsnuts, LTCsquirrelsnuts, Grievancequirrel, Santa Squirrel, and many more....

Rift Disciple

I thought of the game the other day, checked out the reddit, checked out the forums. But nothing popped out at me like wow I should load back up and give it a go. There just isn't that spark without pvp changes
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    I've been thinking about coming back, the game just seems too ****ed to play now. I wish it weren't the case, rift is my favorite game of all time. RIP
    Echo this sentiment. The Rift of the past is my favorite mmo of all time especially in terms of the Pvp content and the community we once had.

Sure, it may have never been the majority of the player demographic but significant enough that players would post in these very forums on a regular basis

To date.. I still haven't found a game that fills the void Rift left in my heart.
    Last edited by Bruine; 09-16-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

Shadowlander

Thought about it..... Maybe some day but prolly not.
    Mrstudly@Deepwood Or Mrs. Tudley if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Devaak View Post
    I thought of the game the other day, checked out the reddit, checked out the forums. But nothing popped out at me like wow I should load back up and give it a go. There just isn't that spark without pvp changes
    Even the "last pvp guild" in North America no longer describes itself as the last pvp guild in North America. So that's a telling sign...lol

Those people are awesome, but you have to adapt to the changing times.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast