+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Hey umm can we bring back our veteran pvp players?

Default :(

Tried coming back, a few times since they gave the new expansion away for free. I can't even get to level 70 I'm so bored. The endless quest lines that take a while, the lack of any pvp scene (queueing as a level 68 cleric is painful) is bleh. Wasn't the best at pvp, but it was a great time filler when I'd get bored of questing or "raiding" and there were some really good times.

Oh well, back to playing Tropico 4!

And HI Ecru!! <3
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Rift is too far gone to come back to now. You'd have to revert everything to Classic Rift to even get me to ponder that thought. PvP development would have to be a focus for me, to focus on Rift ever again. This game is like the Lonzo Ball shoe, inferior quality while the asking price is the same as the best shoe on the market.

they would make sooooo much money if they reverted rift back to SL or vanilla. i'd come back in a minute, and i know a bunch of others would too
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvermoon View Post
    Oh well, back to playing Tropico 4!
    I love the Tropico series!

Oh better stay on topic so I don't get banned. I miss PvP too, I've been Rank 100 since forever and haven't PvP'd in a long time because of its sorry state. I miss the PvP'ers of old.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    My sub expires in December? Or November? I haven't played in several months and I'm confident (at this point) that I won't renew.

I still like RIFT and regularly think about loading the game back up and jumping into PVP, but as soon as I think about it I am dissuaded by what I expect is a huge gear gap that would take literal weeks of constant playing to overcome and be competitive. The tedium of an MMO is a hard sell when I can hop into other games without a 'gear curve.'

I think about the potential of the game and what it could be. People come back because they have hope and want it to be what they remembered, but it is a far cry from its former self.
    Community leaders change, they started hiring school bus drivers rather than people like Daglar.

I thought the pvp was more fun thank wow, just needed more tuning. Spec changed too drastically and the viable specs diminished.

People check the forums because they hope the game improves and grows but are ultimately disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i would log back in if i didn't have to gear up just so i could pvp once in awhile

won't ever happen though since i'm spending time playing another game now

well, ttyl
    Simmer down Wheaton! You only stopped playing because you were bad. Rift is the best !

Rift Disciple

Default my son

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    they would make sooooo much money if they reverted rift back to SL or vanilla. i'd come back in a minute, and i know a bunch of others would too
    If we can rewind time back, try beginning in Korean rift. lol. I wanna show you how beast I was in 80 minutes endless port scion with making 202 kbs (it was 291 / 1death lol ). lol I grinded super hard at first then I was the only one with full t1 pvp gears while others having only green or blues. lolol. One of the most funniest moment in my rift.

Anyway. I miss rift pvp too. and I regret that I didnt play NA rift in SL. it would have been great fun.

Btw. My ISP became super terrible and cannot face someone in wf any longer lol. SUPER pve grind and ISP forced me to quit PVP but anyway. it seemed not good to stay. Really sad moment. I really loved it too.
    Last edited by MusclPig; 10-12-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

Soulwalker

This pvp is not more good. 2Hit kill skill and biggest heal. Gaming, you have bIg healer = good mode today. 0 kills in 15min pvp match.
    Bigpummp,Cl,Bobsing@Brutwacht

Quote Originally Posted by MusclPig View Post
    Really sad moment. I really loved it too.

/agree
    Minismmy@SeastoneBestStone

Soulwalker

Default Conquest

I used to love conquest so much. Such an epic and fun part of the game. The best part by far.

Getting rid of it was ridiculous.

They would rather have a smaller player base then give pvp any kind of credence. Hence is why they have systematically been killing it over the last couple of years. They want it gone and dont care who goes with it.

Default Long Gone

Trion ended PVP in this game at the end of SL a couple years ago. They have done nothing to change things since then. PVP is just not a priority or really even an afterthought for them.

Just popped into the forums just to see if anything has changed. Oh, well.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Healiios@Deepwood
    Meepz@Deepwood
    RETIRED

CQ was the best! I loved hanging out with the Hello Kitty people and didn't care if it was a win/lose (since it could be anyone's game).

PVP used to have the most interesting characters. Forum PVP was entertaining

Argh. I have fond memories of Rift and I've met a m a z i n g people here... but there's no incentive to return I don't know how to MMO anymore. These days I just play with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    CQ was the best! I loved hanging out with the Hello Kitty people and didn't care if it was a win/lose (since it could be anyone's game).

Argh. I have fond memories of Rift and I've met a m a z i n g people here... but there's no incentive to return I don't know how to MMO anymore. These days I just play with myself.
    I miss the forum PVP more than I think I miss CQ. I do miss warfront PVP and have pondered coming back just to PVP several times, alas, not much left.

When I log in lately to see how things are, it's a ghost town
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post

Gonna be honest, your signature made me laugh, except it should've said Crossevent pvp xD

Ascendant

I tried Rift again a couple of months ago, but the warfronts were a shell of what they once were. The population was gone, people were being pretty much 1-shot and no one seemed to know the maps. I didn't recognize anyone that I saw.
    Such a shame, but the game has been going down this path for a while and it looks like the decline has really shifted gear recently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast