• 5 Post By Vheeee
  • 3 Post By Purrr
  • 2 Post By Xibitz
  • 2 Post By Vheeee
  • 3 Post By Faragonx

Thread: Thanking the players in PVP

Post Thanking the players in PVP

Hello fellow Rifters!
    I was told about two weeks ago, I should post more dumb stuff in the forums. So here it goes!
    I have realized lately, that it takes little time to offer encouragement (instead of complaining at your team), it takes a few seconds to recognize players who are trying. So of course, this is for you, that player.
    I wanted to send out a big "Thank you!" to the continued PVP players. I know it has been difficult and sometimes worthless when we get dumped into matches that are so unbalanced that players who are otherwise excellent; (those who will complete objectives, who will go heals from a dps spec just because the team needs it), those individuals who continue to go down and perhaps face a zerg of death, this is for you. You all know who you are. If you are the player that goes in and plays the best you can under overwhelming odds, and still score (you may not always come out on the winning team) but you always play hard; this is for you. I appreciate you, the PVP player, who will pay attention to your map, who will go the extra mile to score a winning point. Those are the players I want around me.
    Side note: those who just go into a warfront to do mindless damage (good for you) are the type of players that harm team effort. If you are only there for you and your rank on the damage leader board (and offer no help or support to your fellow teammates) maybe you could learn to adjust that thinking and add your participation in completing the objective along with your “mighty” damage.
    Again, THANK YOU!
    Guttertart | Sewerskittles | Trashcanbarbie | Toiletweasel

Catastrophic

Couldn't agree with you more and wish more people thought like you. PvP is in a pretty bad state right now but there are a lot of us that try to make the best of what we have and try to have fun while trying to win wfs.

I admire those of us that do what they can to help our team win and am saddened by those that choose to just say nasty comments and bring the whole team down with abusive chat. There are a lot of new peeps in PvP and some just learning how things go and we as veteran players should be teaching and encouraging not denigrating and insulting and making their experience so horrible they give up trying.

Try hugging people ...try being friendly...its not hard and I love hugs so start with hugging me if you see me in a wf I will always return it and i will always try to help if you dont know what to do. I have some made some great friends thru PvP and you can to.

Great post Guttertart and i look forward to seeing you in wf's and lets hope your enthusiam is catchy.

Purrr
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Well said both of you and looking forward to catch you in wfs! =P

Thanking the players in PVP-tenorrrrrrrrrrr.gif
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <Celestial Dragons>

I really appreciate the fact that people are beginning to take notice of the conditions of our current PVP and are changing their way of playing. I do not expect miracles, I expect when I come on to a team, we all play hard, try and pay attention and pony up to the aspect of getting our faces smashed in 1k times, but when it is over, we can be happy with that loss (or win) because we gave it our best effort. That is all I can ask from any single person on my team.

Thank you, PVPers. See you in WFs!
    Guttertart | Sewerskittles | Trashcanbarbie | Toiletweasel

Catastrophic

We can all agree that having a team that is there for the "team" is a good feeling. Unfortunately many are not there for their team. Now as much as I would love to blame them, it's not entirely their fault. Yes they have a choice on whether or not to help, or just play by themselves. We can put the other part of the fault on the game. If you're already geared out, and don't need favor, there is nothing for you to gain in PVP. So, some of these "solo" players only have the leader boards left. Hence why they do not help do objectives etc. They aren't there for the win, just padding stats. I personally love the toe to toe long matches, where everything feels right. I would much rather end a wf with a score of 1000/999, rather than 500/3. Of course that is a whole other conversation about balancing lol.

~Roadkillpanda

+ Reply to Thread