+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Maltie
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee

Thread: Rep boxes for fragments.

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    654

    Default Rep boxes for fragments.

    Give pvp'ers a better place to spend Favor. Once you're finished gearing it just sits there gaining dust (because there is nothing to spend it on)

    Implement reputation boxes for PvP Fragments for Favor or Challengers Marks

    You have 5 pvp reps (need 6 for every element, or just be lazy and let one rep sell two ~ Im sure the pvp'ers wont care)

    WF boxes are a terrible place for Fragments, especially now that you gave a chance of either fragments or cores (which wasn't a great idea, but still)

    You just need to implement reps into current wf's (you can even increase the rep required to glorified so people have to do a little grinding to get reps, all of the pvp ones are revered)
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-17-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Been a few threads on this, including one by yours truly.
    Supporting this... But I'd assume they'll keep this as it is until the "fragment system overhaul" they mentioned some time ago.

    I don't even open my boxes anymore, in the hope that when they change it maybe more than 1 box out of 250 will give a fragment that's worth spending plat on.

    But yeah, spending favor on frags would be the best (and easiest) way to fix two problems (favor being useless after you've PVP'ed a few weeks, and frags being way too rare). The system already exist for PVE, buying frags in boxes... It could not take a whole lot of time making the exact same system and just changing the price from whatever pve currency, to favor... and the frag from pve, to pvp. That's all there need to be done to fix the whole mess. Or at least make it a bit better, in the wait, hopefully, of a new system that will make better fragments available somehow, or give player more control over them (against a cost in favor or something) so we stop getting 5th stat block and **** like that.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker WinBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    if you changed the system to allow buying fragments with favor, to correspond that to the way tower marks are used to gamble on fragments in pve, you'd need to limit the amount of favor obtained to 20,000 per week. Just like the limitation in pve on their tower marks, or grossly over price the coffers, yet still place a cap on the amount of favor obtained in any given week.

    You also need to compare the amount of "useless" fragments from pvp to pvp obtained. I'd hazard a guess that the amount of useless fragments won are pretty much close to the same, no matter your playstyle. Of all the fragments obtained, by any means, only .1% are worth taking to at least level 3. Including the ones obtained from gambling on coffers off the store.

    At most pve can gamble on a max of up to 20 (if opening Revered) or 26 (if Decorated) coffers per week, as you can only obtain them via tower marks (or via credit), so pvp would then need to follow those same limitations. That or increase the amount of useless fragments from pvp.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinBoss View Post
    if you changed the system to allow buying fragments with favor, to correspond that to the way tower marks are used to gamble on fragments in pve, you'd need to limit the amount of favor obtained to 20,000 per week. Just like the limitation in pve on their tower marks, or grossly over price the coffers, yet still place a cap on the amount of favor obtained in any given week.

    You also need to compare the amount of "useless" fragments from pvp to pvp obtained. I'd hazard a guess that the amount of useless fragments won are pretty much close to the same, no matter your playstyle. Of all the fragments obtained, by any means, only .1% are worth taking to at least level 3. Including the ones obtained from gambling on coffers off the store.

    At most pve can gamble on a max of up to 20 (if opening Revered) or 26 (if Decorated) coffers per week, as you can only obtain them via tower marks (or via credit), so pvp would then need to follow those same limitations. That or increase the amount of useless fragments from pvp.
    Think you're missing the fact that just doing PVE stuff gives you fragments. You don't HAVE to buy them.

    You can do dungeons for an hour or two and you'll have a bunch of blue fragments, maybe a few purples too.

    "But you can do pvp and earn fragments too!"
    Yeah, you can do pvp for an hour or two, get like 8 warfronts, win 4, 3 out of the 4 boxes will be empty (well, just cores) and the last one will have a fragment that is 90% white/green, 9% blue, 1% purple.

    Apples and oranges.
    (only, you get 100 PVE apples for 1 PVP orange, and each of the 100 apple on average is better than the 1 orange.).
    And I'm not sure what you do in game to come to the conclusion that the % of useless fragments is about the same no matter what you do.

    SPE frags are a million times better than PVP frags (along with the fact that you earn them about 20 times faster, due to the empty pvp boxes, and no boxes at all, and the color average is MUCH higher in pve). Yeah maybe if you just kill trash mobs in gedio badlands then the good/useless ratio is the same, but still you'd find them a hell of a lot faster in the badlands. Plus, it's kinda silly that random trash mobs in open world give fragments similar quality to the highest (and only) pvp in the game.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 07-18-2017 at 04:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Yeah better and more pvp fragment a faster way was good.you get 101 pve fragments in 30 min and 1 or 2 warfragments in 30 min pvp =/

  6. #6
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnenklang View Post
    Yeah better and more pvp fragment a faster way was good.you get 101 pve fragments in 30 min and 1 or 2 warfragments in 30 min pvp =/
    It is much better to get 1 fragment than 101. Quantity != Quality, you getting only crap fragments, it is better to get less crap.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinBoss View Post
    if you changed the system to allow buying fragments with favor, to correspond that to the way tower marks are used to gamble on fragments in pve, you'd need to limit the amount of favor obtained to 20,000 per week.
    We have already challenger mark limit. So they can sell it for them. Ofc I expect something good for something like that expensive :P Atleast a bigger chance.
    Last edited by Chupachups; 07-18-2017 at 10:39 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chupachups View Post
    We have already challenger mark limit. So they can sell it for them. Ofc I expect something good for something like that expensive :P Atleast a bigger chance.
    Yeah, that's the thing. How long is it to earn a challenger mark, like 5 hours?
    5 hours of SPE would be 15+ dungeons. I haven't really kept track during my half assed attempt at leveling my eternal weapon, think I've done like 20 dungeons or whatever and I got 5-6 purples and probably 30+ blues (without using any IRC, don't know if it changes anything).

    So if it takes 1 challenger mark, i.e. the equivalent farming time of getting 30-40 blues&purples in PVE, it better be a damn good fragment. Either an excellent fragment designed for your class and no chance at trash stats... Or a fragment BOX with at least a dozen of them, all blue+ rarity, or something.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched bollesti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Give pvp'ers a better place to spend Favor. Once you're finished gearing it just sits there gaining dust (because there is nothing to spend it on)

    Implement reputation boxes for PvP Fragments for Favor or Challengers Marks

    You have 5 pvp reps (need 6 for every element, or just be lazy and let one rep sell two ~ Im sure the pvp'ers wont care)

    WF boxes are a terrible place for Fragments, especially now that you gave a chance of either fragments or cores (which wasn't a great idea, but still)

    You just need to implement reps into current wf's (you can even increase the rep required to glorified so people have to do a little grinding to get reps, all of the pvp ones are revered)
    You know that Michael Jackson music that goes something like "All i want to say is that they dont really care about us" they dont give a royal ....about pvp sweety and thats why i left that part of the game and like me many others to,we can post great ideas,ask them what we want and at the end all we get is "if you want to pvp go play Archage" i am so tired of this begging and begging for this and that and we get is "Rift is not a pvp centred game" and "thats not the direction the game is going" and so on and on,nd the quality of fragments we get from the pvp boxes OMG soooooo gooodddddd so many tank frags i dont even know how in the world am i gonna chose so many are the tank specs i use in pvp and those dodge one so usefull because dodge is so not nerfed in pvp and that is the most usefull stat we can get...its a joke and i sometimes fell they just plain trolling us and having a good laugh over it.
    Last edited by bollesti; 07-18-2017 at 11:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker Dharien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13

    Question

    i'm confused but, can fragments really improve PvP damage?, i just don't know they are able to work or not?

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Give pvp'ers a better place to spend Favor. Once you're finished gearing it just sits there gaining dust (because there is nothing to spend it on)
    Gear shouldn't determine how good you are in PvP. Unfortunately, I think Trion will go as far as to make it that way eventually. Currently the classes are just OP by design and gear won't help you overcome that if you are not in an OP spec.
    As for fragments. War Fragments you earn in PvP are not bolstered like PvE fragments so technically you can get best PvP fragments from PvP which is why this expansion sort of failed.

    They wanted to eliminate Tank Gear but instead it is like they added 6 sets of gear for anyone who actually played the game to its full potential with fragments for each role you play in both pve and pvp. Shame really.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-11-2018 at 05:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts