+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By Rgizil
  • 2 Post By Kemo Sabe
  • 1 Post By Xlavius
  • 3 Post By Ganky
  • 3 Post By Baald

Thread: Recent drop in the pvp player base. not because players like PvE more.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    240

    Default Recent drop in the pvp player base. not because players like PvE more.

    Trion cites that they pvp has never been high in the numbers. they stated this when the pvp community recently asked them about pvp updates

    But its obvious in the past few weeks numbers have dropped.
    and you know what? trion you make excuses.

    Pvp numbers are dropping *recently* because you either through your action or lack of action let pvp become a circus. and NOT because you came out and said "we cant work on pvp"

    we arent asking for much just make some dammn adjustments.

    also you the community when I made a thread about whitefall being iunplayable because ranged spam. You have ranged healers healing ranged dps and its either a ranged steam roll oone way or another.

    lower the damn ranged dmg put a leash on your rogue developer. and throw paying pvp customers a bone.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 07-15-2017 at 01:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post

    we arent asking for much just make some dammn adjustments.

    also you the community when I made a thread about whitefall being iunplayable because ranged spam. You have ranged healers healing ranged dps and its either a ranged steam roll oone way or another.

    lower the damn ranged dmg put a leash on your rogue developer. and throw paying pvp customers a bone.
    This isn't a list that 'we' asked for. This is a list of personal things you disagree with that you want changed. Nothing here would actually benefit pvp in a positive way.

    Actual Changes spec wise that need to be made:
    - Warchanter and Paragon both need insane nerfs. They are broken in pvp and need to be toned down significantly.
    - Bladedancer needs to be toned down slightly. Its dps output is not balanced.
    - Cleric healers need a buff. Wardens, Sents, Puris, etc. Buff em all the way.
    -Harb needs a tone down. Its not as significant as paragon or bladedancer but still noticeable.

    For Wfs:
    - Please put /stuck back in. If I get another Bronze Tomb where 5-6 players on my team are stuck under the map the entire wf and cant do anything, I might cry.
    - Change the Blighted point system. Make Cul-De-Sac and Blind Alley worth 4 points and the Spire worth 3. As of right now Blighted constantly goes to the time limit b/c the points scored are to low. A simple change like this will make matches shorter and less painful.
    - Whitefall: as of right now a team can aoe the 1st stone and no other stones will spawn. You have it set that IF someone picks up the first stone, the 2nd will eventually spawn, not the 2nd will spawn no matter what. So put the stones on set times. 1st stone @ 14:30 (currently is I think), 2nd stone @ 10:30, 3rd stone @ 5:30, 4th and 5th 1:30 or something similar.
    - Please fix bolstering. Slayers gear should be BiS. Not pve earring, not Level 65 Myrmidon gear. Slayers. Also, Being Level 69 shouldn't be BiS either.
    - ELO: This is a hail mary but ELO needs to be just removed. WFs don't fill most of the time anymore, ELO isn't balancing matches. Its probably hindering more then helping.

    Any of the above changes would be actual meaningful changes to pvp.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I guess people are opsessed with bladedancer because of huge hits while they don't realize that dps output is about the same. It has no dots or poisons like assasins or other specs have.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This isn't a list that 'we' asked for. This is a list of personal things you disagree with that you want changed. Nothing here would actually benefit pvp in a positive way.

    Actual Changes spec wise that need to be made:
    - Warchanter and Paragon both need insane nerfs. They are broken in pvp and need to be toned down significantly.
    - Bladedancer needs to be toned down slightly. Its dps output is not balanced.
    - Cleric healers need a buff. Wardens, Sents, Puris, etc. Buff em all the way.
    -Harb needs a tone down. Its not as significant as paragon or bladedancer but still noticeable.

    For Wfs:
    - Please put /stuck back in. If I get another Bronze Tomb where 5-6 players on my team are stuck under the map the entire wf and cant do anything, I might cry.
    - Change the Blighted point system. Make Cul-De-Sac and Blind Alley worth 4 points and the Spire worth 3. As of right now Blighted constantly goes to the time limit b/c the points scored are to low. A simple change like this will make matches shorter and less painful.
    - Whitefall: as of right now a team can aoe the 1st stone and no other stones will spawn. You have it set that IF someone picks up the first stone, the 2nd will eventually spawn, not the 2nd will spawn no matter what. So put the stones on set times. 1st stone @ 14:30 (currently is I think), 2nd stone @ 10:30, 3rd stone @ 5:30, 4th and 5th 1:30 or something similar.
    - Please fix bolstering. Slayers gear should be BiS. Not pve earring, not Level 65 Myrmidon gear. Slayers. Also, Being Level 69 shouldn't be BiS either.
    - ELO: This is a hail mary but ELO needs to be just removed. WFs don't fill most of the time anymore, ELO isn't balancing matches. Its probably hindering more then helping.

    Any of the above changes would be actual meaningful changes to pvp.

    I haven't seen you play any specs in the past month/years. for the past like year or so you played nothing but a prima tank spec. and even before this you never played many different specs.

    Ive already said these things. harb, paragon, bd its right there you can read it.

    but a massive nerf to warrior would be bad leaving us totally defenseless to a rogue.

    Even when i had all my paragon cd's up I couldn't even hurt a certain BD without his healer. Yet we couldn't stop him. again even trying to go after his pocket healer his dmg was so high he was killing ppl before they could stop the pocket healer.

    I mean theres even a bard spec that's nuking what in the entire **** is going on here?


    http://imgur.com/ikByEpY

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    - Change the Blighted point system. Make Cul-De-Sac and Blind Alley worth 4 points and the Spire worth 3. As of right now Blighted constantly goes to the time limit b/c the points scored are to low. A simple change like this will make matches shorter and less painful.
    I think one reason for low points for those is to encourage people going for flags...
    The more points you can earn by just controlling points, the less reasons you have to go for flags (an uncertain strategy that requires a lot of resources, unless you stealth it or something). Tho I supposed they could also increase flag caps to 200 or 250 points so there's still an incentive.

    Even in the current system people rarely organize for flag runs unless they're a premade. Most flag caps are solo/duo attempts and SOMETIME one or two players bother going to help them once they pick it up. Make the points more valuable, and flags are even less interesting.

  6. #6
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    ...but a massive nerf to warrior would be bad leaving us totally defenseless to a rogue.
    i'll just leave this right here while i laugh yet again.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Faragonx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    128

    Default

    - Please fix bolstering. Slayers gear should be BiS. Not pve earring, not Level 65 Myrmidon gear. Slayers. Also, Being Level 69 shouldn't be BiS either~RGI


    This is hands down, number one priority in my eyes.


    ~Roadkillpanda
    Last edited by Faragonx; 07-18-2017 at 06:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Kemo Sabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    45

    Default

    My gawd, how far pvp has fallen in this game. Its freaking treason how awful it is now. Spent the last 6 matches just watching rogues dominate the top of the dps charts in all of them. Nothing is balanced. Anybody can kill you in 4 hits. Clerics dont exist anymore and Trion literally could care a less. Its embarassing to know that the pvp has fallen this far.

    Really, at this point, why dont they just remove it all together at this point?

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
    My gawd, how far pvp has fallen in this game. Its freaking treason how awful it is now. Spent the last 6 matches just watching rogues dominate the top of the dps charts in all of them. Nothing is balanced. Anybody can kill you in 4 hits. Clerics dont exist anymore and Trion literally could care a less. Its embarassing to know that the pvp has fallen this far.

    Really, at this point, why dont they just remove it all together at this point?
    True, all Clerics can do now in WF's is troll or hide. Even Cleric tanks get 1 or 2 shotted. It has been this way since the 4.1 LFH nerf. On topic, the recent drop in population numbers might approach that of the Clerics share in PVP?

    Removing PVP will not fix the balance issue though. It will only make balance seem less important, which wouldn't be good at all. PVP is the best tool for balance, imho.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 07-19-2017 at 12:25 AM.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander ShadowKill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    If everybody keeps crying about how op rogues are, I actually would know an easy fix. Rework Legendary Call: Razorbeast into some passive for armor increase. Then rogues would lose 20% dps while finally having the option again to not use Ranger as offsoul in every single spec. I personally would love that. Even though I don't know when/if I will come back...
    Dethmetal@Gelidra
    Dethmagic@Gelidra
    Melee Nerd
    //Playing Blade & Soul atm//
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yHWyzlA8E

  11. #11
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    563

    Default

    That moment you realize that even "free" isnt worth it. and buying would be foolsih.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Nuuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    If everybody keeps crying about how op rogues are, I actually would know an easy fix. Rework Legendary Call: Razorbeast into some passive for armor increase. Then rogues would lose 20% dps while finally having the option again to not use Ranger as offsoul in every single spec. I personally would love that. Even though I don't know when/if I will come back...
    No. No. No! I like my ranger, don't need armor.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Ganky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Added for accuracy:

    "Recent drop" to the previous drop, which was in addition to the decline during 4.1 which bolstered the decline in 4.0 which supplemented the exodus of 3.0
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    A few nights ago, I got creamed by a player that had the newest BiS pve gear. Not one piece of PvP gear at all. It wasn't my usual rage against a better PvP player like Fox or sometimes Sorryy; it was a sadness and an awareness that I've had enough of the game.

    And having noobs play a Master game is just wrong. When the game was new, you could level up in PvP starting at 15, so by the time you hit the top, you were pure PvP.

    Hey Trion....seeing a few posts like these are a bad sign. For every written complaint there could be thousands that just quit.

    Due to family and work (yea!), I've cut down my time, anyway. My six or so years here says something good about the game, but like my now-sold chopper and recent premade bobber buy, things change. /rant

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
    My gawd, how far pvp has fallen in this game. Its freaking treason how awful it is now. Spent the last 6 matches just watching rogues dominate the top of the dps charts in all of them. Nothing is balanced. Anybody can kill you in 4 hits. Clerics dont exist anymore and Trion literally could care a less. Its embarassing to know that the pvp has fallen this far.

    Really, at this point, why dont they just remove it all together at this point?
    Rogues?! The problem is rogue? Guess we're not playing the same game. The only use rogues have is to stealth points in domination maps.

    Also, I can definitely kill in 4 hits as cleric, or 1 'hit' depending of what spec I play. Just doesn't happen as often as primalist who can do it non-stop for the entire warfront.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts