+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By LSUdogg

Thread: Nerf raid gear in duels like you do in wf's

Soulwalker

Default Nerf raid gear in duels like you do in wf's

It's ridiculous that PVP'ers can't properly duel players who do PVE who can pretty much destroy them with their raid gear without any afford... I would suggest to make duels exact the same as wf's.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chupachups View Post
    It's ridiculous that PVP'ers can't properly duel players who do PVE who can pretty much destroy them with their raid gear without any afford... I would suggest to make duels exact the same as wf's.
    Yes really big different with PvP and PVE Gears in Duels hahaha really big fail

King of Slackers

It's like that since valor and vengeance got removed...
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

If they did this what would be the point of anyone in pve gear dueling someone in pvp gear?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    If they did this what would be the point of anyone in pve gear dueling someone in pvp gear?
    Balance is the point. Same stats for pvp and pve gear (atleast for duels). People who do warfronts are the ones who do most duels and they should be rewarded, not vice versa. After all duels = PVP. So the question should be: what's the point of pvp gear when it's not even good in pvp?
    Last edited by Chupachups; 07-15-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Ascendant

Guys seriously, can we focus on important issues?
    They basically admitted that PVP wasn't exactly a priority in Rift, and we're talking warfronts, aka the highest 'tier' of pvp activity in game.

I think "pve gear being bolstered in duels" should be about #792 on the "pvp fixes priority" list, which puts it somewhere at #2988298876 on the overall "fix priority" list.

Hell there's some pve gear that isn't even bolstered in WF (unless they fixed it, haven't checked it out).

Quote Originally Posted by Chupachups View Post
    Balance is the point. Same stats for pvp and pve gear (atleast for duels). People who do warfronts are the ones who do most duels and they should be rewarded, not vice versa. After all duels = PVP. So the question should be: what's the point of pvp gear when it's not even good in pvp?
    PVP gear is better in WFs. Shouldnt be same stats. What your asking is that pvp gear should be better for duels ,not the same. Thats fine, but why would anyone in pve gear want to duel someone in pvp gear if that was the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    why would anyone in pve gear want to duel someone in pvp gear if that was the case?
    because everyone knows that pve gear is far superior to any pvp gear in the current state of the game. it's been that way for a long time now... which is why a lot of pvpers left to begin with.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Telaran

i say long time ...

delete down/upbolstering make no different gears for pvp/pve and make the shop gear t1-3 buyable for pve/pvp marks and Dungeon gear more bound to equip/tradeable and the Problem is solved !
    Trion have no more work with pvp items and the Player have the free way to make pvp or pve for the same items. but trion go the complicated way...

(PS Trion i miss the 70er PvP Shields for Kleriker and Warrior)
    Last edited by Sonnenklang; 07-18-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnenklang View Post
    i say long time ...

delete down/upbolstering make no different gears for pvp/pve and make the shop gear t1-3 buyable for pve/pvp marks and Dungeon gear more bound to equip/tradeable and the Problem is solved !
    Trion have no more work with pvp items and the Player have the free way to make pvp or pve for the same items. but trion go the complicated way...

(PS Trion i miss the 70er PvP Shields for Kleriker and Warrior)
    Yeah I never understood the difference of damage in pve and pvp gear. Just reduce HP and dps in open world and you are good. And if you prefer to separate gear you just give a debuff of 15-20% dps in wf for pve gear for example and vice versa for in pve for pvp gear and duels no debuff at all for a fair fight. Way simpler.
    Last edited by Chupachups; 07-18-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Ascendant

Problem with this ^is that any hardcore raider/guild would have to PVP to gear up faster. As much as I hated the fact that PVP'ers had to PVE to be optimal in NTE, I'm sure PVE'ers don't want to have to PVP to gear up as fast as possible now.

The system is fine. Only need to bolster it properly, which should take about 3 seconds more to do it for all the items, over just 80% of the items.

The players(well the PVP'ers anwyay, I'm sure the PVE'ers were happy to be godmode in warfronts) asked for such a system for years back then... Now that they've finally given it to us, please let's not to back to what it was before.

+ Reply to Thread