+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Unbalance Skills - Soul "Bladedancer" - Skills Precision Strike, Binary Strike

a decent MM will out dps BD
    ~Legendary Warrior of Legends~TDor

Tdor what are you doing here? Go work on your Overlord spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupachups View Post
    Well sinsab is better in wf. (my opinion) It's not like you gonna 1v1 someone whole time or never disconnect from a close fight.
    Agreed about balance.
    as an assassin, why the hell would you aoe and not get out of combat to go back into stealth? that's where your real damage is... not the fluff aoe crap damage that only pads the meters. and yes, when i do play sin, i'm on one target - usually a healer - and i stick to them until one of us is dead. that's what the assassin spec is about... not padding meters with aoe and being stuck in combat because you agroed 10 more players.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    What he said.
    I say it again with exception of BC where we can LOS and take advantage of BD speed to avoid beeing hammered and escape it os still a pure melee soul that without a healer will get stomped in any open WF its not the spec its the incapability of the team to identify the threath and focus target, anyone that as ever played BD in pvp knows Ballz is right and i think there are much more urgent matters to resolve in pvp than BD that i think is fine and as a pure melee needs all the tools it as to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by clautodor View Post
    a decent MM will out dps BD
    In pvp no it will not

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    as an assassin, why the hell would you aoe and not get out of combat to go back into stealth? that's where your real damage is... not the fluff aoe crap damage that only pads the meters. and yes, when i do play sin, i'm on one target - usually a healer - and i stick to them until one of us is dead. that's what the assassin spec is about... not padding meters with aoe and being stuck in combat because you agroed 10 more players.
    It's the main target that takes most dps and 3 just a little. It's not really a pure aeo. Single player takes massive dps. And after all it's a pure assasin anyway too, it has all the things assasin has. So you are just ASSUMING my playstyle. Ofc I go after healer (only in case healing is strong enough), nothing new. Else I kill highest dps or the one that has 0 deaths for fun.

PS: just tested in tempest bay, I do 304k single dps (1min, 1x from stealth attack) range as full assasin with full pvp gear 30% cp and very crappy planar fragments. I think that's worth investing in saboteur. That's a bit more then my MM(I have a crappy one) and similar to my bd.
    But as I said in prev post, that's just my opinion.

It's the main target that takes most dps and 3 just a little. It's not really a pure aeo. Single player takes massive dps. And after all it's a pure assasin anyway too, it has all the things assasin has. So you are just ASSUMING my playstyle. Ofc I go after healer (only in case healing is strong enough), nothing new. Else I kill highest dps or the one that has 0 deaths for fun.

PS: just tested in tempest bay, I do 304k single dps (1min, 1x from stealth attack) range as full assasin with full pvp gear 30% cp and very crappy planar fragments. I think that's worth investing in saboteur. That's a bit more then my MM(I have a crappy one) and similar to my bd.

Thought this was a BD thread

i don't have to ASSUME your play style. if you're playing assassin and aoe'ing, you're doing it wrong because now you have to either waste slip away to go back in stealth (because you're not killing all 4 targets u just agroed- no matter how "little" the other 3 got damaged) or you're screwed trying to run away and will most likely die because you can't break combat to get back in stealth. assassin has its own niche: stealth, pick a target, nuke it, then try to get back in stealth to rinse & repeat. that's my own point of your post/play style.

***afterthought***
    assassins are the snipers of rift. people hate them because you were specifically picked out to die- whether you're a healer or the weakest link. i think people resent that feeling of being called out as such and is why there's so much rage against our spec. oh well.

Thought this was a BD thread
    it is. BD doesn't need to be nerfed. people need to learn to play theirs better.
    Last edited by LSUdogg; 07-18-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added the afterthought
    Aym @ Seastone

Soulwalker

i don't have to ASSUME your play style. if you're playing assassin and aoe'ing, you're doing it wrong because now you have to either waste slip away to go back in stealth (because you're not killing all 4 targets u just agroed- no matter how "little" the other 3 got damaged) or you're screwed trying to run away and will most likely die because you can't break combat to get back in stealth. assassin has its own niche: stealth, pick a target, nuke it, then try to get back in stealth to rinse & repeat. that's my own point of your post/play style.

***afterthought***
    assassins are the snipers of rift. people hate them because you were specifically picked out to die- whether you're a healer or the weakest link. i think people resent that feeling of being called out as such and is why there's so much rage against our spec. oh well.

it is. BD doesn't need to be nerfed. people need to learn to play theirs better.
    I'm not playing how you described. Anyway assume whatever you want but I stop here. This is bd thread.

Rift Disciple

***afterthought***

so, i cant make a hybrid assassin+sab build? does every assassin build have to be 61 sin?

there's something called pressuring the enemy. you can do it via single target burst or do enough AOE damage so that healers cant keep everyone topped off.

i think you're the one who assumes that people only play sin YOUR way (ie, the cowardly sin)
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    so, i cant make a hybrid assassin+sab build? does every assassin build have to be 61 sin?
    It's actually 61 assassin with saboteur. No difference, but some people like to make a drama from it.

just saying... there's a reason there's not one aoe skill in the entire assassin build. the longer an assassin stays out of stealth, the more likely they are to die/do less real dps. harassing 10+ people is one thing, but if you were actually playing your role, you're better off using bd, nb, or hell even tact if you wanna aoe.
    Aym @ Seastone

oh man i miss the good old days when ppl could actualy pvp.
    It's been like this since launch

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3