+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Unbalance Skills - Soul "Bladedancer" - Skills Precision Strike, Binary Strike

Oh look!!!!its a BD doing 35k sustained dps...and look again he wrecking sht up and wont die...Oh look at that Hps meter maybe someone healing him/her and thats why he wont die...lets just ignore that healer a keep beeing face crit fr 90k and then go cry to the forums that its not fair.....oh man i miss the good old days when ppl could actualy pvp.
    Last edited by bollesti; 07-17-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupachups View Post
    And do you have a rogue? Because nb has way stronger burst than bd....

And if you played bd thrn you would know that ot has similar dps as other classes. Read my comment again. Dps = dammage per second in case you dont know.

ooh lets see.

So BD has:

3 break frees (one from PA)
    2 charge (one from PA)
    A stun
    A debilitate
    Huge amounts of AoE (that can be sustained up to a minute)
    An interrupt
    Sustained damage thats very very strong (too strong)
    A root (from the charge)
    5% damage mitigation 100% of the time

Oh and did I mention it can do an insane amount of damage?

We're not saying only BD needs a nerf, but it does need a nerf, im not saying it needs to be nerfed into the ground, nerfs can be small, but a lot of other stuff also needs to be nerfed (had to add this disclaimer before you started claiming people don't play specs/classes again)

p.s It's also mostly 2 buttons.
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-17-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    ooh lets see.

So BD has:

3 break frees (one from PA)
    2 charge (one from PA)
    A stun
    A debilitate
    Huge amounts of AoE (that can be sustained up to a minute)
    An interrupt
    Sustained damage thats very very strong (too strong)
    A root (from the charge)
    5% damage mitigation 100% of the time

Oh and did I mention it can do an insane amount of damage?

We're not saying only BD needs a nerf, but it does need a nerf, im not saying it needs to be nerfed into the ground, nerfs can be small, but a lot of other stuff also needs to be nerfed (had to add this disclaimer before you started claiming people don't play specs/classes again)

p.s It's also mostly 2 buttons.
    It's a melee class, what's bad about having charge, stuns and break free? With this kind of logic we should remove all speed buffs, stuns and break frees from ranged. Won't matter anyway because it looks like most people can't pvp properly as a ranger anyway. I have seen enough people that can kill melee easily (exept for paragon and assasins with their crazy range buff and stealth) because they have the skills to jump or run away.
    Where have I claimed that people don't play specs/classes again?
    Last edited by Chupachups; 07-17-2017 at 04:44 AM.

It's a melee class, what's bad about having charge, stuns and break free?
    Did I say anything was bad about it? Im merely showing you what BD brings to the table, as well as it's stupidly strong ST sustain.

With this kind of logic we should remove all speed buffs, stuns and break frees from ranged. Won't matter anyway because it looks like most people can't pvp properly as a ranger anyway

Idk why this is relevant, I didn't mention anything about removing the CC/movement speed buffs from BD. Although obligatory lol at ranger.

I have seen enough people that can kill melee easily (exept for paragon and assasins with their crazy range buff and stealth) because they have the skills to jump or run away.
    I'll assume you meant Harb here, not sin, as sin doesn't have a crazy range buff

It was the general condescending attitude you had towards people who were bringing up actual issues in pvp. I get you don't want your spec/class nerfed, not many people do. But that doesn't mean Bladedancer isn't in need of a nerf. (Again, so are other classes/specs, as I said before, TTK in PvP atm is a joke)

*as example*

And do you have a rogue? Because nb has way stronger burst than bd....

And if you played bd thrn you would know that ot has similar dps as other classes. Read my comment again. Dps = dammage per second in case you dont know.

Disclaimer again: Nerfs don't have to smash a spec into a ground, feather nerfs are great, hammer nerfs are not.
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-17-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Just disable Rogue as a whole for pvp.
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

It's a melee class, what's bad about having charge, stuns and break free? With this kind of logic we should remove all speed buffs, stuns and break frees from ranged. Won't matter anyway because it looks like most people can't pvp properly as a ranger anyway. I have seen enough people that can kill melee easily (exept for paragon and assasins with their crazy range buff and stealth) because they have the skills to jump or run away.
    Can I ask if you are on NA/EU? I've never seen you before.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    Just disable Rogue as a whole for pvp.
    is this Kon's long lost brother or something?
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

I have a message from Ballz

"Yeah rogue needs a global nerf, as bladedancer, as many other specs.
    I rarely see bds in wfs, quite more since I play it. The very few I saw are not doing a great job. On last Sunday as single example, I only saw 3.
    If trion check the data they will see the population of bds in wfs are like 0.2% to 0.5%.So why they should nerf it? Does it mean it's may be super op on paper then not that much when most of players are on it in PVP?
    One fact, many rogues aren't at 40% cp so it already nerf them while they play bd, specially if you add blade and soul parity, based on your current CP pool. It does an even bigger difference between a 29% (my current CP%) to a 40%.

If you get the melee's mechanics (and all the pack with), back on good timings, play with the LOS, some heal, yeah you will perform a lot with the spec. ATM I think there are only 2 rogues in NA able to really perform with.
    People are speaking about bd, but don't even play it themselves in PVP... how the point of view can be 100% valid?
    The utilities pack from bd is pretty low if you compare to a lot of specs, including melees or ranged.
    Last edited by Sheo; 07-17-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

Default Continue......

A cc on a bad timing while you refresh your dances (so 3 times per min ) with no break free on, a crash, or a lag spike or anything else can ruin your bd. If there are no enemies in range on the "2nd refresh" you are also ruined.
    With 4.2 coming be all ready for a TTK even shorter, the warlord 200K hits in pvp or the predator will make you forget bd pretty fast. With both a better utilities pack than bd.

to counter a bd, purges, cc stuns, snare , root, a good kitting. A bd without his dances is super weak.

I don't think bd is 2 buttons anyway. That would may be explain some stuff....Okay it's the spec with the less binds I get, currently 29 binds.
    Now nerf it, i'm serious, I will be like the last to play it sometimes."
    Last edited by Sheo; 07-17-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I don't think bd is 2 buttons anyway. That would may be explain some stuff....Okay it's the spec with the less binds I get, currently 29 binds.
    #show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Binary Strike

Double Strike finisher

Builder*3 > Finisher.

I don't count having to refresh dances (so 2gcds every 19s), nor do I count CC's and the occasional AoE.

I also said *mostly* 2 buttons

Ofc if your dances somehow fall off and need to go into Dualism, sure, but if you don't, thats basically the rotation. (And using Reprisal at 0 stacks of Deadly Dance, but still ~ BD is ******edly easy to play.)
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-17-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Did I say anything was bad about it? Im merely showing you what BD brings to the table, as well as it's stupidly strong ST sustain.
    Thanks for the well known info I guess.

Idk why this is relevant, I didn't mention anything about removing the CC/movement speed buffs from BD. Although obligatory lol at ranger.
    But what's the point of mentioning it then?

I'll assume you meant Harb here, not sin, as sin doesn't have a crazy range buff
    Assasin with saboteur has high range dps. You can try and see it for yourself.

It was the general condescending attitude you had towards people who were bringing up actual issues in pvp. I get you don't want your spec/class nerfed, not many people do. But that doesn't mean Bladedancer isn't in need of a nerf. (Again, so are other classes/specs, as I said before, TTK in PvP atm is a joke)

*as example*
    Again why you assume everything? It's like new trend nowadays especially on mainstream media or elsewhere :P.
    I play 3 classes and can compare them to each other. I don't play primalist and cleric.
    I just replied to a guy because he gave a false comparison to nb and assasin (who in fact has similar dps to BD) and said to me that I should learn all classes. Read prev posts.

Disclaimer again: Nerfs don't have to smash a spec into a ground, feather nerfs are great, hammer nerfs are not.
    I prefer to buff weaker classes/builds instead of nerfing stronger ones.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I have a message from Ballz

"Yeah rogue needs a global nerf, as bladedancer, as many other specs.
    I rarely see bds in wfs, quite more since I play it. The very few I saw are not doing a great job. On last Sunday as single example, I only saw 3.
    If trion check the data they will see the population of bds in wfs are like 0.2% to 0.5%.So why they should nerf it? Does it mean it's may be super op on paper then not that much when most of players are on it in PVP?
    One fact, many rogues aren't at 40% cp so it already nerf them while they play bd, specially if you add blade and soul parity, based on your current CP pool. It does an even bigger difference between a 29% (my current CP%) to a 40%.

If you get the melee's mechanics (and all the pack with), back on good timings, play with the LOS, some heal, yeah you will perform a lot with the spec. ATM I think there are only 2 rogues in NA able to really perform with.
    People are speaking about bd, but don't even play it themselves in PVP... how the point of view can be 100% valid?
    The utilities pack from bd is pretty low if you compare to a lot of specs, including melees or ranged.
    Indeed, people don't realize that they don't have stealth, defence buffs or range attacks like most "melee" specs have. let them try to run into a group of players and survive... That's why they don't play it because they die in few seconds before they can output that dps. Only good players go for healers (ONLY in case it's strong) first and kill the rest after. (even if they are not marked). And big tip for bd players: go for the target that attacks you most of the time. That way you will survive very long against a group because you won't take that much damage.
    Last edited by Chupachups; 07-17-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks for the well known info I guess.

But what's the point of mentioning it then?
    I see you didn't get the point of the post. That's ok.

Assasin with saboteur has high range dps. You can try and see it for yourself
    Yeah I really should test Sinsab! I'll get right on that
    ~ Also a decent Assassin will do higher damage with an actual pvp sin spec.

I prefer to buff weaker classes/builds instead of nerfing stronger ones.
    I prefer a game with actual pvp balance and a decent TTK. Still, I can see this is going to get nowhere, so im not gonna waste my time replying anymore

Soulwalker

#show Precision Strike

I don't count having to refresh dances (so 2gcds every 19s), nor do I count CC's and the occasional AoE.

I also said *mostly* 2 buttons
    Most classes have a builder and a finisher (talking about dps as you don't count cc etc). That's it basically. Sometimes combat buffs and channeling (who have big cd most of the time). Not a big difference with bd. Assasin is way more complex for example.

Soulwalker

Yeah I really should test Sinsab! I'll get right on that
    ~ Also a decent Assassin will do higher damage with an actual pvp sin spec.
    Well sinsab is better in wf. (my opinion) It's not like you gonna 1v1 someone whole time or never disconnect from a close fight.

I prefer a game with actual pvp balance and a decent TTK.
    Agreed about balance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast