+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HavagudwunSeeyuh
  • 1 Post By Kokovap

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Celestial Storm lands = Any new PvP stuff ?

Telaran

Default Celestial Storm lands = Any new PvP stuff ?

Hello,

we get any new pvp stuff ? I cant look pts get error

Shadowlander

Seems the only new content is what has been listed. IA, T1 Raid, New area, ect.
    There's no new armor/weps/accessories on store. Same with fragments too.

I doubt you'll see any new PVP additions in Rift unless some Dev decides to randomly throw a bone. But it'll be just that. A bare bone.

Telaran

oh no i not a fan of pve Content and raiding 2-3 hours
    TrionBrasse had write "There is no new PvP content coming with 4.2 - you'll just have to keep killing me the old way."
    Last edited by Sonnenklang; 07-11-2017 at 02:59 AM.

They have officially killed pvp in this game. What you got now is all you will be getting. Get used to it.

there are actually new trinkets with procs and various effects indicating they work on pvp

but they will involve a heavy pve grind. some will prob further unbalance pvp

The only thing that needs changing, other than classes themselves, is a way to get better PvP fragments which should be really simple. They shouldn't add anything else.

Shadowlander

God, I hope the new trinkets don't work in pvp.
    We have pvp trinks that do nothing outside of a WF besides stats. All pve gear with a proc should be just that in a WF, stat sticks.
    Hopefully our eternal weps and armor not working in WFs is how the new proc gear will be as well.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

As others have mentioned, there is no new content specifically for PvP in this update.
    Hope to see you in a warfront soon - I will be on an anonymous character that you crush, I am sure. =)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hope to see you in a warfront soon - I will be on an anonymous character that you crush, I am sure. =)
    What's the fun in anonymous PVP? Why not log onto a very obvious toon and let the community being starved of any new content make our own new mode of PVP Pinata.
    Profit.

Rift Chaser

I`m back to check out the new patch. According to patch notes damaging abilities got buffed, reworked. But I can`t find any mentions about pvp damage reduction. So I assume TTK will be even shorter? Please release any official information to the public. If intended why this is the case? If not intended when we can except any update?

All I know is that pre-patch, I was doing "ok". I could live, could kill, died my fair share, and usually made a contribution.

Post patch, I get crit for 175k + - reducing my to a two-shot kill, and I barely damage anybody.

AKA, the usual.

The only difference I've noticed is taking away the ability to mark targets - which would actually have been kind of fun, if I could live long enough to take advantage of it.

Queues are the same 10 faces over and over again, with the random wanderer who comes in once, never to be seen again - and who can blame them.

It isn't like PVP in this game was ever totally amazing, but to see it crushed into oblivion is painful when it was originally a part of the advertised product.

Oh well. Onward and upward!
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

+ Reply to Thread