+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: You been "polled" Trion!

Post You been "polled" Trion!

Hello wonderful Rift friends,

Today, I am going to talk about the outstanding flood of support the PVP community has gained in our ongoing quest to be heard by Trion. I have wandered through the various posts in both General Discussion and PVP & Warfronts postings and have noticed that many have been gathering even more to support the PVP community to be heard. We did not go away, we have not become "less" than other player bases. I stress that we have gathered here in numbers to have you hear all our attempts and recommendations that go along with playerbases in all areas.: PVE/PVP.

We have often sent in many suggestions, feedback and communication in-forum to rise to the call that was dropped on us by being ignored tremendously by Trion development team. Well, now you can see, Trion. We are still here, still playing PVP because Rift is still a great game, but we see you are not taking into consideration the healthy development of keeping and expanding PVP content along with PVE.

Note to you, Trion and development team: you just got, "polled".
    Guttertart | Sewerskittles | Trashcanbarbie | Toiletweasel

Catastrophic

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Numerically, in a very small minority.

In PASSION, top notch.
    Also, Clerics RULE (as part of a balanced, savvy PvP team - sorry, couldn't resist!).

I like to think that PvP brings balance to the Force... but that would be mixing IPs. =)

Rift Chaser

Something to always keep in mind - forums skew waaaaay towards the hardcore side of the player base. PVPers (and raiders) will always be vastly over-represented in the forums vs the live game.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Something to always keep in mind - forums skew waaaaay towards the hardcore side of the player base. PVPers (and raiders) will always be vastly over-represented in the forums vs the live game.
    Extremely valid point. There is a noticeable increase in the playerbase.

I like your signature

Thanks for responding to this thread. I feel that the communities who normally do not mix in-forum have all come together to help our cause. The many voices both PVP and PVE have spoken. And on a side note: I do not feel that the PVP community is skewed towards over-representation.

Catastrophic

Self explanatory, "PvE" & PvP are both lengthy subjects proven by the input we all share within the forums whether it'd be right or wrong/non-agreeable upon due to differences in opinion(s). For some, there maybe a frustrating head ache toward the "grind" of PvE, although conversely likable buy the masses within the game itself.

My Passions within the game(RIFT) well, there's quite a few and PvP being a main attraction for me/most whom I know in which are numerically a large quantity of players. No need for misunderstanding, I do enjoy PvE occasionally, but the PvP in this game is well liked, even by WoW players who've crossed over to the RIFT gate. The game has huge potential, but I am all for the game's development and growth. Who knows what the future holds, RIFT will always be open for new content and even some old, if it needs a "return".

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Also, Clerics RULE [SIZE="1"](as part of a balanced, savvy PvP team - sorry, couldn't resist
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Paragons harbs and rogues in general -> clerics, only few clerics are noticeable and needs to be killed in pvp but in general? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    Start with the put-down.
    Then the condescending/sarcastic slow-clap.
    Obligatory attempt at humour to partially obscure the above.
    Lol right? It's amazing that these are the responses that PVPers get. I think its fairly obvious that they are trying to push out pvp entirely at this point.

Telaran

I do wish PvP would have more focus these days.
    Last edited by JamesDSneed; 07-08-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDSneed View Post
    I do wish PvP would have more focus these days.
    We appreciate your voice in favor of our outcry. Thank you.

Catastrophic

Hello my fave Rifters,

With the lengthy and sometimes pushy outcrying we have had, let me assure everyone posting on this thread. I have been reading and browsing threads that interest me. I post relevant content. I do not browse content and post willy-nilly rambling thoughts or blast people using their names. I refuse to sink to that level of immaturity(unless I have no choice). I knew the title of my thread would catch the eye of the Dev team and that was my intent. I appreciate all commentary whether positive or negative. Even negativity has it's place.

However, please be mature and kind, as many of the posters here on this thread and other PVP content threads have and are, often mature and patient. I value you all when you take the time to post. So far, the value in our outcry is this: In spite of the unbalances in PVP wfs and the continued neglect by dev team, we are numbering and marching into the forums making our presence known. We will continue to ask, continue to give suggestions and recommendations to the dev team because we absolutely l-o-v-e Pvping. We wish to have an equal ear to listen and to revamp our wfs. I know right now their focus is not on us, but on getting out 4.2, and with that I am hoping they take time to evaluate what we are currently saying and double their efforts to give PVP the love it needs to be equal to the PVE content.

Here is a big t-h-a-n-k you to everyone who has been noting PVP threads and responding with mature and valuable posts; you all bring valid points that are recognized by the whole of each community thus far. Do not give up, my friends. Keep posting, keep thrusting suggestions, fixes and recommendations to the GMs and forums. We are here. We are now.

Catastrophic

Even before seeing the candid responses Brasse has left in these PVP threads it has been pretty clear to me since coming back this xpac that the development team has greatly shrunk from the good old days. There's probably not much they can do for us here. We're like a bunch of starving kids telling the adults how hungry we are during a famine. As Trion has increasingly diversified its games it probably pulled more and more of them away. Those left, they are very talented and probably do care about the game but are basically here on a deathwatch. They've gotten this xpac out, probably a big achievement when shortstaffed. They fix most of the bugs. And they build the new dimension items and mounts and outfits, the beautiful shroud that Rift PVP is being lowered into its grave in. It does hurt to see it decline, but I'm going to try to stick around till it's in the ground. I'm too old and work too much these days to start a new MMO.

Champion

< is wishing that random warfront really was random. getting same warfront 5 times in a row sometimes more .... doesn't feel random you know? :P

One shots in pvp should not be a thing. #clericmasterrace. that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
    Lol right? It's amazing that these are the responses that PVPers get. I think its fairly obvious that they are trying to push out pvp entirely at this point.

let them if a company really wants to chase off customers not much you can do about it. its been years we all tried talking to them/making posts but they had a plan "lmfao" and it is what is it. only thing that i wonder about is why they wanted the pvpers to go to AA? its business 101 = never chase away customers. walmart dont tell people to leave and go to sams club "walmart owns it" they let the customer shop where they want.

myself?i went back to BC "hint hint" no buffs or nerfs nothing changes no one telling me to go to another game,no pandas,nothing. bis pvp gear every class has a viable pvp build "some have 2" and an active community. the simplicity makes it great and i believe games/pvp go down hill when to many classes/specs abilities/talents get added in over time and x-pacs.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast