+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
Like Tree119Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Community Strong, new WF's granted

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29

    Cool PVP Community Strong, new WF's granted

    Sadly there are no new WF's yet, but by posting this thread we hope that more PVP players get on board and kindly ask the awesome Trion Team of Dev Darlings or TTDD to make our wish come true. Warfront wish come true campain 2017!
    Im sure its not easy developing new warfronts and Id love to help. Got tons of ideas. But PVE players get new Raids and several of them each expansion while the PVP players have to Play the same WF's we been playing forever. YES bronze tomb is way cool but out of 150-200 ques a week I might get 1 or 2 Bronze tombs.

    We are strong we are Proud we are the PVP Gang!
    Last edited by embalmtheinternet; 07-01-2017 at 08:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Trion's ideas and interest have apparently shifted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Better PvP For All
    Together, these three changes, along with raising the level cap, Legendary Powers, and Planar Fragments, represent an opportunity for us to address many of the issues that we’ve heard from you about how you would like to see PvP progress. Better matches, better teammates, and better items all combine to a better PvP experience in RIFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    This is not a PvP-centric game. the proportion of RIFT players who delve into PvP in RIFT was never very high. It makes no sense to invest more time in something that a very small percentage of the population will ever use.
    We recognize that those who feel that a specific aspect of a game is missing will migrate to games that offer it. That is fair and expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    PVP is the best part of this game. Much MUCH more exciting then even the raids. Other human players are many times more unpredictable then any NPC, whatever their skill level. Imho PVP players are the top players.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    We can X up as a show of presence, but I don't think it matters all that much for Trion. If they want to see how much PVP'ers there are, they just look at WF pops and dungeons/raids pops.
    If you want to bring PVP more influence, try to get players to PVP more. Try to get non-Rift PVP'ers you know come into rifts and play WFs.

    Then Trion will see a surge of PVP'ers, and more pvp action than pve, and focus on it more.

    But thing is, PVP'ers won't come here because it's not a PVP game, and Trion will never make it a PVP game because there's not enough PVP'ers. So that's kinda where we're at now.

    It's like a restaurant serving platters of **** getting no clients... To get clients they'd need to serve better food, but they won't because they're not getting any clients so it'd be a waste. You can try to get clients to go to the restaurant to eat **** for a while so the restaurant have an incentive to make better food NOW that they have clients, but it's likely you won't find anyone will to do it to "help further the restaurant" when they can already go to another restaurant where they'll get good food right away without suffering through the **** first.

    So yeah.
    I've kinda given up on getting big new development in PVP. The devs don't care enough and the players don't care enough either, and neither side will move unless the other one moves first (devs won't do anything unless more PVP'ers, and we won't get more PVP'ers unless devs fix ****).

    So I'm just hoping for a bit of balance, and a bit of motivation to play. I mean most people play a single character... Anyone who plays seriously is fully geared by now, even anyone who plays casually. I'm fully geared on 5 alts and I've spent most of my time lately doing achievements (only 2 things I do in game, pvp and achievements). Most of the 'update' to pvp gear only mean adding an item to the store, adding an item to loot boxes, or adding an upgrade path to an existing pvp item. It should'nt be that hard to at least add something like that once in a while. We NEVER get any big pvp update... if at least we could get a few small ones, it would already help keeping things a bit fresh.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 07-01-2017 at 10:35 AM.

  5. #5
    Telaran MakeClericsGreatAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    The big issue is they don't realize that Yes ALOT of people still love pvp or used to love it, but because Trion doesn't give a damn about it enough to update it for this expansion and fix the many issues with it - a huge portion of the pvpers have stopped doing what they like.

    The reasons that a lot of dedicated pvpers don't enjoy it anymore is because
    1- Matchmaking is horrible, lopsided matches. Pro's being matched up with people who don't even know which way their character is facing or what team they are actually on. (Really common to see people thinking they're winning and realizing that hey.... they are not on the blue team)

    2- Well, we all notice that little to no effort has been put into balancing in pvp ( pve as well, hopefully that will change with 4.2) Making it very unpleasant to play.

    3- There isn't very much incentive to pvp, fragments you get are absolutely garbage 99.9% of the time, Maps are outdated with nothing new in sight so far.

    4- Toxicity - Reason 1 and 2 causes that most of the time.. its just not enjoyable to pvp when you have people that don't even understand anything about the map they are playing or objectives. There are no tutorials for these people or guides provided by trion so everyone has to deal with people that have no clue what to do... and that's rift pvp right now. It doesn't feel rewarding winning against people that should never ever be matched up against you in the first place.

    So for them to say that only a very small portion of people playing enjoy pvp is false.... its all on Rift team, they are responsible for ruining it overtime and not maintaining/fixing anything that people really had a problem with. Pvp would thrive in Rift if only some care was put into it. But its a vicious cycle at this point.. where they blame us for not pvping and we aren't pvping because they refuse to fix things that are horribly wrong with pvp making it really unpleasant.
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 07-01-2017 at 10:46 AM.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29

    Default New WF campain still on

    This was not a thread for all the grips and ins and outs of PVP warfronts. Please keep this thread to the topic, we want new warfronts! If you want to play these same old WF for ever then just say so. Or say you want new ones. After all they just had a PVP live stream so there must be some interest.
    Help me out here guys.

    Happy PVP July to one and all
    Embalm

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Malackye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    We can X up as a show of presence, but I don't think it matters all that much for Trion. If they want to see how much PVP'ers there are, they just look at WF pops and dungeons/raids pops.
    If you want to bring PVP more influence, try to get players to PVP more. Try to get non-Rift PVP'ers you know come into rifts and play WFs.

    Then Trion will see a surge of PVP'ers, and more pvp action than pve, and focus on it more.

    But thing is, PVP'ers won't come here because it's not a PVP game, and Trion will never make it a PVP game because there's not enough PVP'ers. So that's kinda where we're at now.

    It's like a restaurant serving platters of **** getting no clients... To get clients they'd need to serve better food, but they won't because they're not getting any clients so it'd be a waste. You can try to get clients to go to the restaurant to eat **** for a while so the restaurant have an incentive to make better food NOW that they have clients, but it's likely you won't find anyone will to do it to "help further the restaurant" when they can already go to another restaurant where they'll get good food right away without suffering through the **** first.

    So yeah.
    I've kinda given up on getting big new development in PVP. The devs don't care enough and the players don't care enough either, and neither side will move unless the other one moves first (devs won't do anything unless more PVP'ers, and we won't get more PVP'ers unless devs fix ****).

    So I'm just hoping for a bit of balance, and a bit of motivation to play. I mean most people play a single character... Anyone who plays seriously is fully geared by now, even anyone who plays casually. I'm fully geared on 5 alts and I've spent most of my time lately doing achievements (only 2 things I do in game, pvp and achievements). Most of the 'update' to pvp gear only mean adding an item to the store, adding an item to loot boxes, or adding an upgrade path to an existing pvp item. It should'nt be that hard to at least add something like that once in a while. We NEVER get any big pvp update... if at least we could get a few small ones, it would already help keeping things a bit fresh.
    The only problem with this post, is the fact that they HAD good PVP and they had plenty of PVP players before they decided to pull the rug out from underneath it all. This is ALL Trions fault and not the pvp community. Instead of building on what great pvp they did have, they tried to undermine their players and pass off secondhand programming and telling us all how great it will be. And now because it didnt work like they hoped, they give you the chant of "its not a pvp game." Its freaking rubbish and they know it. They are spitting in all of our faces by taking this stand.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by embalmtheinternet View Post
    This was not a thread for all the grips and ins and outs of PVP warfronts. Please keep this thread to the topic, we want new warfronts! If you want to play these same old WF for ever then just say so. Or say you want new ones. After all they just had a PVP live stream so there must be some interest.
    Help me out here guys.
    we want new warfronts!
    Who is this "we" you are talking about? Because I certainly don't want new wfs, We do this every time:

    1. We ask for new wfs
    2. Trion gives us a new wf, and its terrible i.e Ghar Station, Bronze Tomb (I like BT but I know I'm in the minority)
    3. Everyone complains about the new wf

    No offense to Trion, I know they try their best, but instead of giving us new wfs, just turn on the pvp stuff they removed (Port Scion, CQ, PvP Rifts, etc.



    I rather keep playing the same old warfronts over and over then get another Ghar Station.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    its terrible i.e Ghar Station
    I like Ghar Station way better than Library!
    At least people fight there. In library, half the games (that aren't rolls) have 2/3 of the team sitting on their side crosshealing everything, while remaining 1/3 are either trying to pick off lone players, or jumping into 10 cross-healed guys and not doing much.

    The only thing that's bad in Ghar Station is the manugo station, but you don't really NEED to use them. As long as you don't let them use their station, it doesn't matter all that much that you aren't using yours either. It only fails when (like in Library) they keep half the team there with 4 healers so you can never get enough people to try&kill them... But it happens with less than in library because the multiple "areas" to control on the maps means you have to control more of the map. In library the entire team can be within a 50 feets area and still get 3-4 vessels.

    Of course it could be improved by removing the machines and (if they want "heavy fighting areas" just make it like a "manugo zone" that just standing in gives more points... Like the middle. say 1 point per second for a stone held in the middle.

    I'm not sure how the community feels about it, but anyway, me personally I don't really mind when I get a Ghar Station pop. I hate when I get a library tho.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 07-01-2017 at 05:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    It's kinda funny that they say Rift is not a PvP-centric game, yet the only thing missing is a little bit of balance (no one is asking for perfect balance and no one is asking for new warfronts btw ...). Yet balance is also something PvE has been lacking severely for quite some time now, so I'm guessing Rift isn't a PvE-centric game either?

    If you (= Devs) do not care about PvP or do not want to invest a lot of time into development for it, then at least tweak the PvP reductions for each class/ability, now THAT is something that doesn't take long, bcos I know you can hotload those on the PTS. You don't even need to test what abilities are OP bcos there are TONS of threads here on the forum that already summarized it (and as you say, you carefully read what ppl on the forums are posting and welcome feedback, so I'm sure you have a whole list of abilities already written down and prioritzed). Just hand out dmg-reductions and be done with it. Tweak those every week or so a bit, depending on what ppl on the forums say (and with that I mean the ppl that know what they're talking about). This shouldn't take away too much development time and tbh, literally anything is better than what we have now.

    That said, it would be cool if you could start by reducing the damage output of Rogues, Primalists and Warriors for starters, and then we can see how much of a positive impact that will have.

    YES I know, it's not a pretty method, but at least throw us a cookie for PvP ...
    Last edited by Fia; 07-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    You don't even need to test what abilities are OP bcos there are TONS of threads here on the forum that already summarized it
    If they tried to do that, it wouldn't help much because people complain about literally everything, and often the wrong things/a terrible sense of priorities.

    Fairy heal was one of the biggest complained about ability in this xpac. Apparently 5k heals are gamebreaking in a meta where people burst 250k-300k in 2-3 seconds. Can't let these clerics live throught that 250k burst with 10k health left, now can we?

    If there was a section where only elite PVP'ers (say, the extremely high elos, or something like that) could post and comment on abilities, now I'd like for the devs to listen to these guys and ONLY these guys.

    But in a general public forum like these, the huge majority of posters aren't really good in PVP, just like the majority of players aren't. I have no doubt that the reason people complained about FH that much (and thus, the reason it was nerf to the ground, to the point of being basically useless) is that a lot of low DPS players were struggling against clerics.

    5k HPS doesn't hurt you much when you deal 30k DPS. It basically negates 16% of your damage. Which makes sense, given that other "offsoul" legendary skill increase your dps by 20%. Course when you use your burst, 5k HPS doesn't cut it, against say 60k DPS burst, it'll only negate 8% of their damage, which makes it way subpart. And when you're at 100% health, it doesn't do anything at all, etc...

    But if you deal 10k DPS... Now FH negates 50% of your damage. It's like the cleric has 500k HP. Which makes cleric nigh invincible for someone dealing low dps. And these low dps players makes up the large part of the forusm/games so their voice was heard most.

    And now next to no one uses FH. But everyone still use these 250k damage abilities, because they were left in the game at the expense of FH because the devs looked at the forums tnat thought THIS was the big gamebreaker in pvp.

    Bottom line : I don't want bad players to dictate pvp balance.
    And I'm not being an elitist or anything here, telling people their opinions are worthless if they're worse than me, or anything like that... I wouldn't be part of that "elite" group of pvp'ers who'd make the suggestion, myself.

    I wouldn't mind other people calling the shots on what gets nerfed (or buffed) and what stays in.
    As long as these people know what the hell they're doing. Most of the forum users don't, yet their voice is as 'strong' as any other.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 07-01-2017 at 10:38 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    No matter how it is said/put, PvP will always be a "Core" or end game activity. Even PvE'ers transition over every once in a while, especially if they are board with raiding. PvP is an awesome and alluring experience, and I'll always stand firm by this.

    ~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  13. #13
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    [...] long text [...]
    I know and I agree, that's why I said that the devs should listen to the good PvP players. They should know who those are, they have their statistics after all and see who has extremely high ELO and they also know which of the ppl here on the forums are very good players.

    Apart from that, I think you don't need good PvP players to see that TTK is way too low.

    Another thing is that the devs could reach out to those extremely high ELO players and ask them if they would like to test PvP on the PTS, but they never do that. They test PvP maybe 3 times a year and when they do it's usually in the form of a serverwide announcement 15 minutes before they do the testing. So it's no wonder no one ever shows up to testing stuff on the PTS. If they would make a forum and serverwide announcement maybe 3 days prior to the test, I think a lot more ppl would show up.

    Another possibility would be, as you suggested, to make a subforum that only players of a certain ELO may post in. I think that would be awesome. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 07-02-2017 at 02:07 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Malackye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Hey now, I see some posts referring to great players and ELO in the same sentence. I think we all know by now that ELO is just a fancy win/loss counter. We don't need "elo" to tell us who the real pvpers are. ELO is a fraud and measures nothing on ones abilities.

    Sorry, cant read any post that mentions elo without flipping my lid.....

  15. #15
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    Hey now, I see some posts referring to great players and ELO in the same sentence. I think we all know by now that ELO is just a fancy win/loss counter. We don't need "elo" to tell us who the real pvpers are. ELO is a fraud and measures nothing on ones abilities.
    Not really ... I mean, there is a reason why some ppl only have 2,5k ELO and some have 4k ELO ... You might think that every can easily get 4k ELO, but then those are part of the players that actually care about PvP.

    Also everyone here on the forums knows who the good players are, at least if you've been around for 6 years.
    Last edited by Fia; 07-02-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts