+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Escadora
  • 3 Post By Malackye
  • 2 Post By Faragonx
  • 2 Post By Vheeee

Thread: A PvP study: New "Earrings" and accessories

Default A PvP study: New "Earrings" and accessories

From my keen view of stat readings, along with warfronting against opp's with the current new PvE earrings, studies indicate that these specific new accessories aren't being read by the "Bolster" calculator/system.

The stat gain that players are receiving due to this "over look" is massive... These "(PvE)earrings" are granting 1128-1341+ toward main stat shared with over 1080 resist within warfronts untouched by [Ascended courage] while our current pvp earrings/rings etc. share (which is a reasonable stat spread) 621 main stat/955 Resist.

An overview of the said topic would be a delight, more over I do understand that when something(s) new arrive there soon has to be tweaks and fixes to what is given, nothing comes perfect. The back stories and /tell I receive on it is quite interesting and sometimes funny tbh. I'm sure this "fix" will ease many minds and give a more comforting warfront experience while PvP'ing.

Thank you, Esca
    Last edited by Escadora; 06-25-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

This an easy fix. Just buff PvP earrings to those same stats. Thank you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Return View Post
    This an easy fix. Just buff PvP earrings to those same stats. Thank you.
    Well, there would be an easier fix than that... This fix just 'work' until the next mistake happen.

When an item is created, it goes in a database, have a field "Earned_In_PVP", if it's a PVP item, 1, if it's not, 0.

All items with 0 are bolstered. All items with 1 stay as is.
    I'm not sure why this system seem to work for some items but not for others. Is this on purpose to give PVE'ers some kind of edge in pvp still? Or is is hard coded, item by item so once in a while they skip one? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Well, there would be an easier fix than that... This fix just 'work' until the next mistake happen.

When an item is created, it goes in a database, have a field "Earned_In_PVP", if it's a PVP item, 1, if it's not, 0.

All items with 0 are bolstered. All items with 1 stay as is.
    I'm not sure why this system seem to work for some items but not for others. Is this on purpose to give PVE'ers some kind of edge in pvp still? Or is is hard coded, item by item so once in a while they skip one? I don't get it.
    I'm guessing they use item level to determine the bolster level so if the item level is set below the ceiling (whether intentional or not), it doesn't get reduced stats? Maybe? Just throwing ideas out because there really shouldn't be an excuse to have issues like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I just love trying to figure out how and why Trion does anything. This reminds me of the old ELO threads. Hey Ocho, can you please tell me how elo ranks me in pvp considering that it doesnt take into consideration my heals, kills, dps or objectives done? "Well, its a very diverse and complex system that we call the "K" value." OK, what all does the K value track to rank us? "How well you did in the warfront of course!"

ok..........

And we all know now its just a fancy win/loss counter. Wonderful system..........

lol we don't need to name names on who were all thinking about here. It's ridiculous that this person is allowed to use such item(s) in pvp. They are clearly in a league all by themselves, and make for really bad matches. Too bad they don't care. It's all about look at me and my leader board stats!

Thank you, for taking the time to post this thread, Escadora. And thank you for everyone else who has posted interesting information about the on-going struggles of the PVPer in Rift. I will add this to my on-going list of submissions to the GMs and perhaps at some point, they may listen.

I am saddened by the very fact that PVPers (all of us who step into a warfront) are not give the equal listening by the game developers. I hope you have better success than I have so far.
    Guttertart | Sewerskittles | Trashcanbarbie | Toiletweasel

Catastrophic

+ Reply to Thread