+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Did Trion not say that PvP gear would be BiS for PvP?

Default Did Trion not say that PvP gear would be BiS for PvP?

I was under the impression that Trion stated 4.0 PvP gear would be BiS for PvP. Yet it seems that certain PvE gear is providing better stats in PvP even with the bolster. So is the bolstering system not working as intended? or did I misunderstand Trion's description of 4.0 PvP gear?

Shadowlander

Trion's description and reality are 2 totally different things in every aspect of this game. Thorough testing from the pvp community and plenty of forums have brought up this issue and nothing has been done about it. Hasn't even been acknowledged by a dev from what I've seen. Certain classes have different mystery bolster items, play around and fill out the slots. Good chance nothing is changing anytime soon with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HavagudwunSeeyuh View Post
    Trion's description and reality are 2 totally different things in every aspect of this game. Thorough testing from the pvp community and plenty of forums have brought up this issue and nothing has been done about it. Hasn't even been acknowledged by a dev from what I've seen. Certain classes have different mystery bolster items, play around and fill out the slots. Good chance nothing is changing anytime soon with it.
    I know they have corrected bolstering issues on certain items in the past. So they are clearly aware of potential issues with the system/items and will make changes accordingly. I just want PvP gear to be BiS for PvP as was (if I recall correctly) stated by Trion when 4.0 was released.

I don't PvE so experimenting with such items is not an option.

Is what it is I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    I was under the impression that Trion stated 4.0 PvP gear would be BiS for PvP. Yet it seems that certain PvE gear is providing better stats in PvP even with the bolster. So is the bolstering system not working as intended? or did I misunderstand Trion's description of 4.0 PvP gear?
    Its just all talk to keep pvpers happy. They just say that to throw us a bone. But we all find out after the fact, they never did throw the bone.......

I don't get what the big deal is pve just isn't hard. It's not hard to get into a raid or gear up for it.

and I don't the huge deal if every class has 1 or 2 slots that aren't bolstered. if a player has worked for a piece of gear and upgraded it's not a big deal if that isn't bolstered who cares.

so you have mostly bolstered gear on every class maybe its nice diversity to have 2 slots on each class unbolstered.

Ive heard that some 65 relic gear is bis now that i can object to.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 06-24-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I don't get what the big deal is pve just isn't hard. It's not hard to get into a raid or gear up for it.
    First of all it's not only about it being hard. Building a dimension isn't hard either, yet if BIS items (for pvp or pve) were given to dimensioneers everyone would complain. Not because they could not get them... Of course they could. But they'd complain because it's stupid to earn BiS items for building dimensions.

Well, it's just as stupid to earn bis PVP items for raiding.

Also, about the whole "It's not hard to get into a raid"... I have 1250 hits in my pvp gear. And of course i've never done the raid because I don't PVE.

So I need to buy/craft Hit gear (spend time or money - most likely both) to get PVE gear to use in PVP.
    Then I need to find a group that will allow an inexperienced player with low DPS (low 'tier' eternal weapon, and pvp gear is worse than PVE gear for PVE - hey see? They got that one right!), and no achievement.

Given that most if not all raid groups I see advertising in chat ask for high DPS and the achievements, our interpretation of "not hard" might differ.

So I have to hope that some group, at some point, is so desperate that they'll just take whoever barely meets dps requirements, with no experience and no achievement. Considering the amount of PVE'ers looking for that stuff, with the achievement, with higher dps because pve gear, and more experience (because all they do is PVE) this probably doesn't happen often.

I don't pve but I often see threads (or in the chat) from people talking about 'How do you get the achievement if everyone asks for the achievement to even do the raid?' and they're often told to join a guild because raiders are ok with carrying noobs if it's an "investment", i.e. a future raider for the guild...
    So am I to join a PVE guild to? In order to improve my PVP gear?
    This **** snowballs real fast.

And again, even if it was easy to get into a raid from scratch, that's not even the main issue (tho it probably is the bigger one)... It's boring to do it, if you want to PVP... and it's stupid.

There are some amount of "pve" that is acceptable to have to do in PVP... I mean, if you pvp you want stuff like reliquaries, so you have to do a crafting rift to get some matrixes!

But that's fast, you don't need any hit requirement, you don't need a guild, experience or an achievement. All you need is a lure. That's fine. But when getting bis pvp stuff mean going to the same process to raid that PVE'ers are go with... That's too much.

And at last... About the whole "It's just a few slots!"...
    Well, that's a hell of a slippery slope, and I'd rather they don't go down that road.
    It's just 2 slots!
    Oops summer fest bis unbolstered item, make that 3 slots!
    Oops 4.2 brought a new tier for the eternal weapons and they didn't bolster it, make that 4 slots (also it literally doubles your DPS!)

Back then (before SFP) almost 100% of the bis gear was PVE.
    Now it's something like 70-80% PVP bis, judging by the lists made by musclepig and stuff, plus new items. The remaining 20-30% is a mix of lvl 65 pve gear, and some high level current pve gear.

So when is it right to complain, if not now? 40%? 50%?
    I'd rather they put that to 0% right now so this discussion doesn't have to come, and we don't have to wait months and months for a fix to happen when they release an extremely broken PVE item (eternal kind) that doesn't get bolstered, intended or bugged.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 06-25-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post

and I don't the huge deal if every class has 1 or 2 slots that aren't bolstered. if a player has worked for a piece of gear and upgraded it's not a big deal if that isn't bolstered who cares.

so you have mostly bolstered gear on every class maybe its nice diversity to have 2 slots on each class unbolstered.

Ive heard that some 65 relic gear is bis now that i can object to.
    Beyond whether or not PvE is "hard" I just don't enjoy doing it and find it excruciatingly boring. Why would I spend time doing something in game that I don't like?

The huge deal with having PvE gear items that aren't being bolstered correctly fill slots is better stats. Better stats = better performance. And Trion stated that this would not be the case.

The whole gear unification debacle with NT had both PvP and PvE folk alike highly dissatisfied. Hence the reason for the change with SFP. Most PvPers don't want to PvE to get gear and vice versa.

Bottom line for me is that Trion stated PvP gear would be BiS for PvP and as such I expect it to be that way. If a car manufacturer makes a claim about a car that doesn't work correctly are you just going to accept it? or report it?
    Last edited by Deathbecomesyou; 06-24-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Default It's really simple

Nothing changed. And for that comment "I don't know what the big deal is?" the big deal is, pve gear shouldn't be in pvp! Pvp'ers shouldn't have to raid to get better gear for pvp. Just like you wouldn't PVP to get better gear for raid. The problem with pvp is, there is no money to be made for Trion. Easy fix, add stuff to the rift store. Vials, upgrade parts, gear etc...

Money to be made peeps

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Faragonx View Post
    The problem with pvp is, there is no money to be made for Trion.
    My Patron subscription may not be a PvP item, but it is one way in which a PvP player is sending money to Trion.

Similarly, the REX I bought to get my 6 minion mission slots and the further REX I bought (as well as the credits I outright purchased from Trion's web site) for more professions has been another source of revenue.

Plenty of PvP players provide revenue to Trion via Patron, REX purchases, Expansion purchases, Soul Pack purchases, etc. This revenue comes with very little cost relative to PvE.

We have no need for new raids or dungeons, and all the new art works and development attached. And while a new WF is appreciated every so often, it is hardly a pressing concern. Most of us would be satisfied with fair itemization (enforce the proper bolsters and make PvP gear BiS) and some active PvP-specific balancing to reign in outlier souls and make more souls viable for PvP.

PvP players are easy money for Trion. It baffles me that Trion appears to not appreciate this and do the easy maintenance necessary to keep their PvP base happy.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-25-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    My Patron subscription may not be a PvP item, but it is one way in which a PvP player is sending money to Trion.

All this.
    This kinda baffles me when people say things like "PVP doesn't earn Trion money!"
    It's not how it works... PVE doesn't earn Trion any money either.
    Having players in the game earns Trion money by having a large pool of players, some of whom will spend money.

There might be 10 or 15% of the players who spend money, but what this means is, add 10k players to the game, you add 1000 or 1500 players who spend money.
    The idea is not to sell PVE or sell PVP.
    The idea is to sell a good game so lots of people play it, and some of them naturally spend money.

See this as a commercial... When you air a commercial to sell computers it doesn't actually sell any computers, so is it a straight loss? Of course not. The commercial brings a thousand people into your store, and some of them will buy computers.

Well, the game being good ( all aspects of it! ) is "Rift's commercial". This is what brings people in the game (and keep them there) and yes, some will just play and not pay - like those clients who just take a look at the computer store and leave - but some will buy stuff.

PVP'ers buy patron like everyone else, they buy SFP like everyone else, and I'm sure some of them buy cosmetics, mounts, and those who don't spend, well, they still buy REX from other players which makes them more valuable so the people who need plat are more encouraged to buy them from Trion, etc..., all that same stuff PVE'ers do.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 06-25-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Shadowlander

Bolstering in PvP is ****.
    Low lvl gamer under lvl70 have not gear polstering and have max dmg and big deff, ather player have PvE gear with 0 bolstering and and and, pvp in rift broken.
    Bigpummp,Cl,Bobsing@Brutwacht

Read Esca's post regarding new PvE earring

Schmucks that knowingly and willfully exploit such items without reporting it should be heavily penalized.
    Last edited by Deathbecomesyou; 06-25-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Schmucks that knowingly and willfully exploit such items without reporting it should be heavily penalized.
    The devs are probably aware but just don't care enough to fix it, pvp isn't exactly their forte afterall
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Champion

I would think that by now (knowingly or not) everybody is exploiting this? I myself am still using one PVE earring, because a second PVP version won't drop for me. Up until now, I've been unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    I would think that by now (knowingly or not) everybody is exploiting this? I myself am still using one PVE earring, because a second PVP version won't drop for me. Up until now, I've been unaware.
    I don't PvE and therefore don't have the opportunity to use such items. Nor do I care to. Personally I think people that deliberately do this are cheesy and diminish what little fun there is left in PvP for everyone else. It's basically cheating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast