+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bollesti
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee

Thread: Silly idea

Default Silly idea

Just a silly idea but why cant the devs just deactivate the legendarys in pvp,we have pve gear and pvp gear,we have items and buffs that only work in open world and not in wf so why not? It would fix all this imbalance i belive, but i m not a expert so maybe its really just a silly idea.
    Last edited by bollesti; 06-22-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Just a silly idea but why cant the devs just deactivate the legendarys in pvp,we have pve gear and pvp gear,we have items and buffs that only work in open world and not in wf so why not? It would fix all this imbalance i belive, but i m not a expert so maybe its really just a silly idea.
    It may not be a bad idea, but I too am no expert on such things. Their ideas and direction of PVP is really quite puzzling. They knew darn well that they were beginning to put PVP on the back burner. So once they started down that path, it feels like they came up with the idea of "Legendaries!!" to make it appear to the pvp crowd that they actually cared. I dont however, think they fully thought it through nor tested it properly of what the effects/outcome would be. The soul system is complex enough, and with the diminishing focus on pvp, what do you gain by throwing in another complex element?

And on top of that, they throw in another complex system that wasnt well thought out with the fragments.

This game could be much better without either and WAS BETTER without either.

Ascendant

Well, it might help for balance, but wouldn't really help for a new pvp experience...
    I mean, as I've said in another thread, the last 2 big changes we've had for pvp is 1) removing the maps and 2) adding the maps back. Basically no change at all.

Remove the legendaries on top of that, and the PVP now is exactly the same as the PVP years ago, literally 0 change, aside from the names on our piece of gear and the fact that we have more health and deal more damage.

How hard could it really be to just, you know, balance them?
    I know they said Rift wasn't a pvp game and all, and I don't expect them to put as much effort in PVP than they do in PVE, but... in PVP it's literally just playing with numbers.

In PVE they make new instances from scratch, make new bosses from scratch, draw/animate them, code them, they make questlines, voice actors for the speeches and stuff... A new raid is a lot of work.

Balancing PVP? That ability is too strong, you just change a number in a database. That spec as a whole is too strong? You find how why exactly it's too strong, and change numbers in a database.

No coding, no artists/animators, no voice actors, no creating a huge area for a dungeon/raid... Literally just changing numbers in a database. Wouldn't be terribly hard to fix them so they're strong but balanced.

And on a side note... it's not like PVP was balanced before they added the legendary. There were as many complaints about stuff back then. It was less one-shotty I guess, but it's not like that's the only problem in pvp. Or even the biggest.

If I had to point out the biggest balance problem about PVP I'd go with the healers, not the DPS. All DPS specs have ******** specs that deal way too much damage/burst. This might not be right, but at least they all do. So they're ALL not right ( some just a bit more wrong than others ). But heals? FK is so drastically over the top compared to the other healing souls, it's wayyyy more imbalance than any dps vs dps imbalance.

Keep in mind how stupid DPS is at the moment, yet FK kinda manage through that ****. Plenty of games with FKs not dying at all, or only once or twice. While other healers die 4-5 times, and pull half its numbers (st), with less passives, less 'oh ****' abilities, and so on.

All other heals are getting obliterated, or can't save anyone from the big burst(or even sustained dps, from good players). FK does it just fine. It was the strongest healing spec before the legendary by a mile, and still is.

If I was on the team I'd work on that way before the legendary stuff. At the moment you have 5 callings with ******** dps specs, 1 calling with ******** heal spec, and 4 callings with decent heal specs. The nail that stick out should get the hammer. Nerf all big bursty DPS specs and FK will be close to invincible. Great/geared FK are already close to that point. Oh sure people have channelings that hit for 500k, but they're interrupted. People have hits for 100k-200k, but FK's have 300k health and they heal themselves for 100-150k soon as that hit, then the burst is over and sustained dps vs sustained FK, doesn't even make a dent in him.

+ Reply to Thread