+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition

  1. #31
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    In all seriousness, this does raise a recurring question. I'm of the opinion that there are different areas of performance, each with their own individual green areas and red lines. In particular, literal one-shots should be out of bounds. That the very action has disruptive and even toxic effects.

    Beyond specific instances, these types of specs can impact the "meta" such as it is. At the start of the match: Mark healers, murk healers, switch specs and turtle. GG.

    As a separate issue, there is the player experience of instantly dying without recourse. That's a big bucket of sad, and probably one of the larger disincentives to play. Within the bounds of that recipient player's experience, it's quite understandable for them to say "Well, this game is stupid."

    There have been classes with this type of burst and often more utility that people defended and continue to defend due to a lack of defensive options, reliance on CDs, or steps required to burst. They view these things as like balancing factors that interact. That if a spec has enough drawbacks, it becomes OK for it to toss out literal one-shots. Which is perhaps an area of misunderstanding.

    I would say that regardless of a spec being underpowered on the whole, it can have a broken aspect. That these are not strictly like factors that net out, but instead also have their own discrete red lines. Underpowered and broken not being mutually exclusive.

    As a thought experiment, consider a spec that flips a coin at the start of a warfront. There is a 90% chance that you instantly die and cannot revive for the duration. But there is a 10% chance that you enter speedhack godmode, with OHK laser eyes. At what specific chance breakdown is that OK? I would assert none.

    And, of course, these is another even broader way of evaluating specs: using mass data queries and the bottom line interaction with ELO movement. That is a metric replete with enough contravening factors so as to be an unpractical and ineffective tool below the most macro level.
    Last edited by bitnine; 06-28-2017 at 02:28 PM.

  2. #32
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Buff paragon
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

  3. #33
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiinkey View Post
    Dude with all due respect, Harrison is a great warrior, Rogue not so much. This IS NOT a zerg spec either. To get those crits you need to build the emptiness buff from Dust Strike, with that spec Dust Strike has an enhanced 20 meter range, you try to use an ability on a zerg from 20 meters away and see how long you last. This spec isn't practical for zergs, melee, range, or any other pvp situation. Harrison basically served you turd and convinced you that it's chocolate souffle. So either use your nose and understand that it's turd or plug your nose, ignore the facts, and eat turd up to you.

    Folks this spec is useless, Trion knows it, developers know it, Harrison probably knows it but is having fun manipulating you, and experienced PVP rogues know it and will never use it.

    Traditional MM spec or even Ranger spec are the zerg spec's, not this crap you newbies are forcing yourselves to believe.


    20m range? 30 second cooldown? how awful. i can't imagine having to get so close to the enemy that often.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  4. #34
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    And, of course, these is another even broader way of evaluating specs: using mass data queries and the bottom line interaction with ELO movement. That is a metric replete with enough contravening factors so as to be an unpractical and ineffective tool below the most macro level.
    So you're saying a closer look needs to be taken...

    [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition-upon-closer-inspection.gif
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  5. #35
    Plane Touched bollesti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    The link is a 4 SS's of wfs in case anyone was wondering.

    If you combine the totals from each warfront:

    Harrison: 91 Kbs - 5 deaths - 25,670,372 damage done

    Winkey: 27 kbs - 24 deaths - 13,120,170 damage done

    Now, Winkey was kind enough to inform us that:



    But based on the statistics above, I'd say Harrison is very good at rogue and has a very good idea of what he is being discussed, as well as a strong understanding of pvp and the mechanics involved, probably better then all but a few on the forums. But its ok...






    (Edit: I believe my math is correct, if not please correct it, thx)
    What can i say to this???LULZ now this sht was funny.

  6. #36
    Telaran Buzzkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    52

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by wiinkey View Post
    you play a rogue PROFICIENTLY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    This thread is great, im just sat I can't attach gifs
    Wiinkey's perception of the spec:
    [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition-how-wiinkey-thinks-performs.gif

    Actual spec performance:
    [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition-actual-performance.gif

    [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition-lol-1-shot-part-1.jpg[VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition-lol-1-shot.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Nerf primalist tho


    [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition-hahahaha.gif
    Last edited by Buzzkiller; 06-29-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    > My YouTube Channel <

    Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    #1 Assassin - Smartyr@Seastone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    the most effective game changing rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    doesn't have back pedaling and keyboard turning

  7. #37
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Did I hear someone say Nightman?


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  8. #38
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    319

    Default

    The "title" does explain the video.. The best way to put it is.. It's Just a funny observation, relax...
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  9. #39
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by wiinkey View Post
    Dude with all due respect, Harrison is a great warrior, Rogue not so much. This IS NOT a zerg spec either. To get those crits you need to build the emptiness buff from Dust Strike, with that spec Dust Strike has an enhanced 20 meter range, you try to use an ability on a zerg from 20 meters away and see how long you last. This spec isn't practical for zergs, melee, range, or any other pvp situation. Harrison basically served you turd and convinced you that it's chocolate souffle. So either use your nose and understand that it's turd or plug your nose, ignore the facts, and eat turd up to you.

    Folks this spec is useless, Trion knows it, developers know it, Harrison probably knows it but is having fun manipulating you, and experienced PVP rogues know it and will never use it.

    Traditional MM spec or even Ranger spec are the zerg spec's, not this crap you newbies are forcing yourselves to believe.


    Yet, I see Stinky Wiinkey using this spec all the time. More so than any other spec. So Wiinkey must a be tab, so sad.

  10. #40
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by EastnWest View Post
    Yet, I see Stinky Wiinkey using this spec all the time. More so than any other spec. So Wiinkey must a be tab, so sad.
    You're delusional my man, I don't ever use NB/Deadeye spec. You must be eating the stinky mushrooms.:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts