+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: [VIDEO] Rogue one shot edition

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by wiinkey View Post
    I am surprised by the negative comments from some seasoned PVPers, but I wont judge you for your ignorance since none of you play a rogue PROFICIENTLY. Don't share an opinion about something you have no idea about, it exposes your ignorance.
    Heh, my rogue is still lvl 52, so I won't even pretend to be a competent rogue. I rely on the experts (like Artewig or yourself) to bring nuance to issues outside my comfort zone.

From what I've seen, and what you've said, the spec looks like a watered down and weaker version of the Vulcanist: broken burst reliant on CDs and a risky set-up at 20m.

My issue with these types of specs is not whether they are OP or not, but the fact that they bring in insane burst that is not conducive to good PvP. One-shot (or two shots bringing certain death within 1 or 1.5 seconds) mechanics don't belong in RPGMMOs.

but I wont judge you for your ignorance since none of you play a rogue PROFICIENTLY. Don't share an opinion about something you have no idea about, it exposes your ignorance.
    Dude with all due respect, Harrison is a great warrior, Rogue not so much.
    Traditional MM spec or even Ranger spec are the zerg spec's, not this crap you newbies are forcing yourselves to believe.

Pot, kettle.

Still, as I was amused by your comments I decided to play with this spec a little in pvp. I mean sure for the downtime when Dark Descent is on CD you might as well just sit back and do absolutely nothing, it's still nice to have a "you die" CD block.

Though I didn't have the luxury of a pocket healer, you can still easily do a lot of damage if you position yourself correctly, and my pvp gear isn't even that great, as im using pve fragments, decent players still shouldn't have a problem gaining 5 stacks of Emptiness to prep for the CD block.

Still, it's a fun spec to play (kinda), but if you don't crit then you just get very sad and sit there for your next CD block

I still think L Deadeye should be moved higher into the tree. 16 points Keyens. Please.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Please refrain from posting garbage like this unless you understand PVP and the mechanics of playing a rogue. Not a single skilled rogue will use this spec for PVP, there are much better options.

I wont judge you for your ignorance since none of you play a rogue PROFICIENTLY. Don't share an opinion about something you have no idea about, it exposes your ignorance.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/8pDqIGQep8F3i/giphy.gif

and experienced PVP rogues know it and will never use it.
    http://imgur.com/a/kX5lM
    Last edited by Rgizil; 06-27-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Soulwalker

http://imgur.com/a/kX5lM[/QUOTE]

LOL in my defense I am not bashing anyone that doesn't understand Rogue mechanics. I am bashing all the critics that are hasty to complain about wrong perceptions that a certain rogue skill combo is OP, which it isn't. All I ask is don't criticise something you don't understand.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Pot, kettle.

Still, as I was amused by your comments I decided to play with this spec a little in pvp. I mean sure for the downtime when Dark Descent is on CD you might as well just sit back and do absolutely nothing, it's still nice to have a "you die" CD block.

Though I didn't have the luxury of a pocket healer, you can still easily do a lot of damage if you position yourself correctly, and my pvp gear isn't even that great, as im using pve fragments, decent players still shouldn't have a problem gaining 5 stacks of Emptiness to prep for the CD block.

Still, it's a fun spec to play (kinda), but if you don't crit then you just get very sad and sit there for your next CD block

I still think L Deadeye should be moved higher into the tree. 16 points Keyens. Please.
    There are much better specs for PVP that result in substantially more DPS and KBs. This deadeye spec is a coax. Think about how absurd the mechanics are, you have to stand in front of your zerg line and build your buffs, and than if you somehow survived because you have a great pocket healer, you need to plant your feet, stand still, and cast a skill that takes 1.5 seconds. I can kill people in 1 GCD while I am mobile and elusive using other rogue specs.

Irony: Harrison will blow most of you up on his warrior much quicker than a rogue pinging you with a 1.5 second casting finisher.

I hope that helps give you some perspective.

Think about how absurd the mechanics are, you have to stand in front of your zerg line and build your buffs, and than if you somehow survived because you have a great pocket healer, you need to plant your feet, stand still, and cast a skill that takes 1.5 seconds. I can kill people in 1 GCD while I am mobile and elusive using other rogue specs.

Well im glad you know what you're talking about

Wiinkey for rogue class dev
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Soulwalker

Well im glad you know what you're talking about

Wiinkey for rogue class dev
    Thanks but I am not qualified my skill set is exclusively PVP, I know nothing about PVE (though it would be easy to figure out if PVE wasn't a complete bore).

Would be enough to make Dusk Strike and Dark Descent only work for NB finishers.

Realy don't see a reason to downplay/defend this kind of spec. Except you're running Coda and are afraid this cheese gets nerfed alongside
    Disso@Zaviel - Dizzy@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood - Mulk@Deepwood <Excuse The Swag>

Dude with all due respect, Harrison is a great warrior
    Thanks

Rogue not so much.
    lol
    This IS NOT a zerg spec either. To get those crits you need to build the emptiness buff from Dust Strike, with that spec Dust Strike has an enhanced 20 meter range, you try to use an ability on a zerg from 20 meters away and see how long you last. This spec isn't practical for zergs, melee, range, or any other pvp situation. Harrison basically served you turd and convinced you that it's chocolate souffle. So either use your nose and understand that it's turd or plug your nose, ignore the facts, and eat turd up to you.

Folks this spec is useless, Trion knows it, developers know it, Harrison probably knows it but is having fun manipulating you, and experienced PVP rogues know it and will never use it.

Traditional MM spec or even Ranger spec are the zerg spec's, not this crap you newbies are forcing yourselves to believe.
    This spec has it's places like many other rogue specs, but it's absolutely not useless. Your not going to top the dps charts with it, but the ability to hit that hard from 35m is stupid. Getting 5 stacks with a 20m ability isn't hard, if i can do it with 202khp and survive level 70's sure can.

In warfronts with strong heals this spec can take someone like Disso out of a fight with little effort and just a touch of rng (deadeye has 2x chance to crit though) hiding in the zerg, i fail to see how this spec is useless lol.
    Harrisonford

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    Would be enough to make Dusk Strike and Dark Descent only work for NB finishers.

Realy don't see a reason to downplay/defend this kind of spec. Except you're running Coda and are afraid this cheese gets nerfed alongside
    Diss the spec is IRRELEVANT please I explained it in very plain terms. Nerf is not the solution for an irrelevant spec. I am not defending a uselss/ridiculous PVP spec that's misunderstood by players who don't play a rogue class. It's a logistical disadvantage in PVP, there are 5 better spec's that kill more efficiently with exponentially better survivability.

So I leave for some months and some of the worst players in the game forget where they belong? I have like 50 screenshots of double negative double digit deaths of winkey dinkey. Although the deadeye spec isn't practical, doesn't the music give it away? The video was funny as **** and the fact that numbers like that from 1 ability even exist is hilarious. Video was a 10/10

ahem

Oh look that's another one that also happens to feature harrison on his rogue that he's not so much good with vs rogue god LUL
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 06-27-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Thanks

lol

This spec has it's places like many other rogue specs, but it's absolutely not useless. Your not going to top the dps charts with it, but the ability to hit that hard from 35m is stupid. Getting 5 stacks with a 20m ability isn't hard, if i can do it with 202khp and survive level 70's sure can.

In warfronts with strong heals this spec can take someone like Disso out of a fight with little effort and just a touch of rng (deadeye has 2x chance to crit though) hiding in the zerg, i fail to see how this spec is useless lol.
    You know warrior you do not know Rogue. There are better spec's for every situation than this Deadeye spec. NOT a single top PVP rogue uses that spec. So please find ways to improve the class that you're an expert in and leave other classes to their class experts. Your weekend warrior analysis is naive man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    The link is a 4 SS's of wfs in case anyone was wondering.

If you combine the totals from each warfront:

Harrison: 91 Kbs - 5 deaths - 25,670,372 damage done

Winkey: 27 kbs - 24 deaths - 13,120,170 damage done

Now, Winkey was kind enough to inform us that:
    Don't share an opinion about something you have no idea about, it exposes your ignorance.
    Please refrain from posting garbage like this unless you understand PVP and the mechanics of playing a rogue
    But based on the statistics above, I'd say Harrison is very good at rogue and has a very good idea of what he is being discussed, as well as a strong understanding of pvp and the mechanics involved, probably better then all but a few on the forums. But its ok...

I wont judge you for your ignorance since none of you play a rogue PROFICIENTLY

(Edit: I believe my math is correct, if not please correct it, thx)
    Last edited by Rgizil; 06-28-2017 at 12:04 AM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

This thread is great, im just sat I can't attach gifs

Still, I will make do!

I feel like this is how Winkeyy is feeling right now with everyone attacking him:

http://imgur.com/LRZwzN5

But really.....

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...4/463994_o.gif

Just waiting for the forum mod (aka the referee) to come break this up

Also this is what it looks like when Winkeyy tries to call others bad

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qq8Abdtow_...ils_medium.gif

Love you all tho, keep it up
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-28-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

This spe used by a lot, even if its not viable. I don`t want to name anyone, but I regularly got above 200K crits. This spe is completely enough to take out someone without a chance to react or out-heal, my only thing is to hit re-spawn button.

1. rogues are on drugs since 4.1. they have easy, I can even say brain-dead specs, but effective, high performing builds, like assbomber.
    2. they hits too hard, compared to some of low levels has only ~200K HP. NB finishers above 100K, coda 100K, bd abilities 100K, deadeye above 200K
    3. on some maps/bgs 7-8 out of 10-15 are rogue.

Afaik harris was rogue first on eu at least, then he swapped to warrior?

This is an official whine post about rogue dps performance in pvp.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast