Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Nefelia
  • 1 Post By Koldir
  • 1 Post By Kokovap
  • 1 Post By Bannj

Thread: PvP Videos: Cornered and One Rune

Ascendant

Default PvP Videos: Cornered and One Rune

Cornered: A Black Garden match in which the opposition had a pronounced DPS advantage. It was a slaughter, but I very much enjoyed the healing challenge.

One Rune: Struck upon a bit of luck at Library. This brief video is in honour of a little rune that brought me much joy.

Enjoy (or not) at your discretion.

hehe I remember that first wf in your video ! Gotta admit I have only played chloro in wfs a looong time ago, but after watching ur videos it just seems like so much fun ! So I gave it another try today, and it did not go well...

I think chloro heals need some revamping to be up to par with the dps output (some of the lengendaries also didn't make alot of sense to me )

Good job keeping ppl up with chloro heals Nefalia ! /pat pat on the back
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram/Arrama the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

Rift Chaser

This is not chloromancer, but a well built hybrid with plenty of frostkeeper passives. Despite this fact, still good job. It`s worth watching trough the channel. Good moves and good positioning. Chloromancer without frostkeeper (I think about f2p players) worst pvp healer due heal requirement. We have to stand close to enemy, vulnerable to instagib class. Chloromancer have to deal with instagib without appropriate tools. No wonder mages rather play frostkeeper.

Great vids as usual Nef!

@Kokovap: I think Physician might be in the worst place for healing souls? I'm pretty happy with my 61 chloromancer.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post
    hehe I remember that first wf in your video ! Gotta admit I have only played chloro in wfs a looong time ago, but after watching ur videos it just seems like so much fun ! So I gave it another try today, and it did not go well...

I think chloro heals need some revamping to be up to par with the dps output (some of the lengendaries also didn't make alot of sense to me )

Good job keeping ppl up with chloro heals Nefalia ! /pat pat on the back
    Thanks for the kind words. I agree that the Chloro could use a bit of work. The Synth-specific spells (Nature's Touch, Ruin, and especially Void Life) need some upward adjustment, and would have definitely benefited from having a legendary thrown their way.

As for the rest of the Chloro legendaries:
    - Leg. Radiant Spores renders the spell useless for Chloros.
    - Leg. Blight is useless (and worse, a distraction).
    - Leg. Healing Torrent replaces an excellent ST spell with a Raid-focused AoE spell.
    - Leg. Bloom is AoE focused, but at least it can still be used with Synth.
    - Leg. Living Aegis is decent, but not nearly good enough to justify 61 points in Chloro.

I'm not optimistic regarding the future of the ST Chloro. Echo stated a year or so ago that Trion was looking to adjust CHloro towards AoE only (which explains the lack-lustre legendaries). I feel that is a poor decision and hope Trion backs away from that.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-18-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    This is not chloromancer, but a well built hybrid with plenty of frostkeeper passives.
    With 54 points in Chloro, the only thing I am missing from the traditional Chloro is Symbiosis and Living Aegis. But I do know what you mean: the play-style of the 54/22 Chloro/FK is very different from that of the 61 Chloro from back before the FK came out.

Back then, Synth healing made up 60% to 80% of my total heals. Now it is common for Synth to amount to less than 30% of my total healing. Telluric Burst and Earthen Barrier have become excellent additions to my healing repertoire. And the same can be said of the more understated Frost Armour, while Crystalline Resonance gives my HT a boost that makes it almost as powerful as Essence Surge when HT crits.

Despite this fact, still good job. It`s worth watching trough the channel. Good moves and good positioning. Chloromancer without frostkeeper (I think about f2p players) worst pvp healer due heal requirement. We have to stand close to enemy, vulnerable to instagib class. Chloromancer have to deal with instagib without appropriate tools. No wonder mages rather play frostkeeper.
    I've seen precious few 61 Chloros recently, and most of them were AoE healers. Unfortunately, I have no interest in going back to 61 Chloro... not even to test it out briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    Great vids as usual Nef!

@Kokovap: I think Physician might be in the worst place for healing souls? I'm pretty happy with my 61 chloromancer.
    Thx Bajn.

I respect your position on the 61 Chloro, but wonder if you would feel the same way if it were your main role.

Still, I would be interested in a break-down of your healing. Maybe 61 Chloro performs better than I expect despite my doubts. I'll keep an open mind on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    I respect your position on the 61 Chloro, but wonder if you would feel the same way if it were your main role.

Still, I would be interested in a break-down of your healing. Maybe 61 Chloro performs better than I expect despite my doubts. I'll keep an open mind on the issue.
    I am happy with my 61 chloromancer perhaps because I have set the bar too low. I love the dynamic way in which chloro provides healing and I accept its weaknesses too readily. My healing build has only 4 points in FK. I'm with you in the "Save the Chloromancer" camp. I play chloromancer instead of frostkeeper because I am a Defiant.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

+ Reply to Thread