+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Malackye
  • 1 Post By Malackye
  • 1 Post By Koldir

Thread: Still stand by this post

Default Still stand by this post

An old post that still holds true today. Would love to see Trion change their minds on how they approach pvp.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...warfronts.html

Still think pvp incentives would help in all matches. Trion needs to embrace the pvp of their game and not continue to shun it.

Ascendant

This will sound a bit negative so I'll first point out that I like this idea, but...

In the case where a fictive player would be fully geared already, what incentive would there be for him to keep trying to win when he's on the worst team and getting 2x favor or 5000x favors would be basically meaningless to him?

I pvp on 5 characters, they're all fully geared (aside from some drop only stuff that won't ever drop BiS for me, and it's not like trading 40 main stat for 40 end is that big a deal), and I have close to 2 millions favors saved already (probably like 6 millions if I also count lvl 65 marks ).

If I was the kind of player who give up when facing hardship unless there's an incentive, I'm not sure what more they could give me to make me try my hardest for personal benefit if not for the team's benefit.

The only thing I still need is fragments I guess... But I don't see anyone working his *** off to get 2 fragments instead of 1, when it's extremely likely they'll both be **** anyway. And I don't see Trion handing better/BiS-type fragments for well-performing players on losing teams.

--

I like this idea, but we'll need a whole new something to make it work. And new "effort-based only" currency or something like that.

No one who pvp seriously needs favor anymore, and they sure as **** won't be encouraged much by the 2 PVE currencies that drops on warfront wins... So what else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    This will sound a bit negative so I'll first point out that I like this idea, but...

In the case where a fictive player would be fully geared already, what incentive would there be for him to keep trying to win when he's on the worst team and getting 2x favor or 5000x favors would be basically meaningless to him?

I pvp on 5 characters, they're all fully geared (aside from some drop only stuff that won't ever drop BiS for me, and it's not like trading 40 main stat for 40 end is that big a deal), and I have close to 2 millions favors saved already (probably like 6 millions if I also count lvl 65 marks ).

If I was the kind of player who give up when facing hardship unless there's an incentive, I'm not sure what more they could give me to make me try my hardest for personal benefit if not for the team's benefit.

The only thing I still need is fragments I guess... But I don't see anyone working his *** off to get 2 fragments instead of 1, when it's extremely likely they'll both be **** anyway. And I don't see Trion handing better/BiS-type fragments for well-performing players on losing teams.

--

I like this idea, but we'll need a whole new something to make it work. And new "effort-based only" currency or something like that.

No one who pvp seriously needs favor anymore, and they sure as **** won't be encouraged much by the 2 PVE currencies that drops on warfront wins... So what else is there?
    You bring up good points/questions. I for one, honestly dont have any answers. I am just trying to find a way to keep everybody engaged and to try and breathe some life into an aspect of the game that Trion seems to put on the back shelf. They have an awesome pvp game, but they choose to purposely turn their heads from it. I've never understood why.......

Perhaps bring prestige back into the game and link it to special wardrobe item, or tittles that come with visual effects when equipped. eg glowing red eyes after defeating, say 10000 players in wf / reach prestige lvl 100 etc . I'm literally paying the monthly patron just to keep that halo on , and seeing how many players have paid credit to buy those capes/wings etc, these freebie wardrobe stuff should be pretty enticing to alot of players.

Make these look/appearance available to none pvp-centric players too through credit, but make it so that only the ones unlocked with prestige lvls/wf achievements can be altered/dyed. This way trion can make some extral pp without having to invest a whole lot upfront too.
    Last edited by Koldir; 06-14-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram/Arrama the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

+ Reply to Thread