+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hectyr

Thread: Late WFs revisited

Default Late WFs revisited

Ok, since my last post on this topic may have been looked at as over the top, I will try it again here in a more polite fashion.

I firmly believe, what is best for pvp, is to stop the nonsense of these really late WFs. 90% of the time they are always a loss and many of them ridiculously late. I would love to see when the wf warning pops, that it notifies you if you will be joining a wf "already in progress." That way if I decide to join, its my decision to participate regardless of the outcome. Or you let me leave said WF without a penalty.

I also firmly believe, that it wise to get rid of the disgrace debuff. Its counter intuitive. Instead of letting somebody leave freely, I believe some *cough cough* will continue to waste the time of others instead of allowing somebody *upon accepting the late WF queue* to come in and be helpful right from the get go. The ascended disgrace is only good on paper.

There are many other changes to WFs that I see as necessary in which I will voice them at another time as well.

Thank you for your support........

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    I would love to see when the wf warning pops, that it notifies you if you will be joining a wf "already in progress." That way if I decide to join, its my decision to participate regardless of the outcome.
    Even when the WF isn't already in progress when you join, you don't "participate regardless of the outcome". You only participate in 50% of the games, i.e. when your team is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Even when the WF isn't already in progress when you join, you don't "participate regardless of the outcome". You only participate in 50% of the games, i.e. when your team is winning.
    That is completely untrue. Please stick with the issue I am referring to and keep your negative feelings about me personally out of it. If you cannot do so, I suggest you dont bother posting anything.
    Last edited by Malackye; 06-07-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Ascendant

That is completely untrue. Please stick with the issue I am referring to and keep your negative feelings about me personally out of it. If you cannot do so, I suggest you dont bother posting anything.
    Who are you trying to convince, the devs or yourself?
    Everyone who played >10 warfronts knows that's exactly what you're doing.

As for "the issue you're referring to", you also mention they should get rid of deserters debuffs... You do realize that if people are allowed to leave WF at will with no penalty, it means MORE late wf right? Because pansies like you will leave every other game when the enemy team gets 25 points ahead on the scoreboard or 3 kills ahead. So there will be MORE late wfs, and your suggestion is that you're allowed not to join it, which most people will refuse, so the WF will keep going when the (already losing team) is now also outnumbered. Here's a better idea : Work your *** off even when things go bad to try&make a come back. If come back is out of reach, then just kill **** for the sake of it?

It's hard to blame people for trying less hard when the score is 900-500 with a few minutes to go and **** like that, but I've seen you afk/leave WF 30 seconds in because the enemy team had 2 points against 1 or they had the DEX. Get real, it's gonna happen about half the time. Deal with it and try to get it back.

Wow, so salty. Do you think you can recover from this? And no, I dont quit every single game because we are down. You're feelings are clearly a little hurt, which is not my intention. And no, getting rid of that deserter buff will absolutely not be a problem and will not facilitate more late WFs. Swtor has been doing it for years in this fashion and has no negative repercussions on their pvp. Ive seen it work firsthand.

And you are so worked up, you cant even get your facts straight. You mention I leave the WF. Trust me, I never leave unless its dinner time or I get a work call.

The matchmaking system (ELO) is flawed. Now we are all constantly getting shoved into late WFs, that negatively affects elo, even though you played no part in the drubbing you are taking. Doesnt make much sense now does it. Nobody wants to waste their time coming into a Dex when you are down by 600. I am there for a good pvp match (barring good matchmaking) not to just come in and "get kills". When I play, I am there to play the WF, not to look at the dps board and certainly didnt just show up to get kills. No thanks, I would rather pass on that late WF then waste my time for kills.

Now please, try to calm yourself. Its embarrassing.......
    Last edited by Malackye; 06-07-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Late joined warfronts are definitely an issue and Ocho had said there was a fix implemented, but from what I have seen, it doesn't work or, at the very least, works very very poorly.

I am totally okay with joining in progress warfronts, but Trion needs to realize that lost warfronts are not worth attempting to save. The sooner they're over, the better. So unwinnable warfronts and those that are more than half over need to be locked from joining. Or some system like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Late joined warfronts are definitely an issue and Ocho had said there was a fix implemented, but from what I have seen, it doesn't work or, at the very least, works very very poorly.

I am totally okay with joining in progress warfronts, but Trion needs to realize that lost warfronts are not worth attempting to save. The sooner they're over, the better. So unwinnable warfronts and those that are more than half over need to be locked from joining. Or some system like that.
    I agree. What still doesnt sit well with me to any degree, is the fact that elo is a fancy win/loss counter. So every additional late WF loss, that you had no say in, directly affects your elo. But for me, i would rather not have to be forced to join wf that is already in progress. Be it a win or loss.

I am a firm believer that if you get put into a late WF, you should be able to leave that WF without penalty. I'd be fine with that alone. Heck, sometimes I wish I could leave a WF before it begins without penalty, say if you still had 30 seconds on the clock.

And no, getting rid of that deserter buff will absolutely not be a problem and will not facilitate more late WFs. Swtor has been doing it for years in this fashion and has no negative repercussions on their pvp. Ive seen it work firsthand.
    SWTOR also applies increased rewards (an extra/free medal) for "reinforcing" a spot in a warzone which is already in progress. I prefer the SWTOR method, simply because it discourages unhappy players from remaining in the match and incessantly whining when they can attempt to leave the warzone and find another match.

However, there are many more factors to account for which make the pvp environment different in these two games, so one single aspect may not work for one game while it does for the other. Yet their may be some wisdom in your request to abandon the disgrace debuff because in hundreds (maybe thousands?) of SWTOR warzones I've played through the years I've seen players intentionally afk only a few (less than ten) whereas in post 3.0 Rift I've seen it more times than I care to count (which also happens to be one of the factors which discourage me from playing Rift pvp anymore.)
    Last edited by Hectyr; 06-07-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    SWTOR also applies increased rewards (an extra/free medal) for "reinforcing" a spot in a warzone which is already in progress. I prefer the SWTOR method, simply because it discourages unhappy players from remaining in the match and incessantly whining when they can attempt to leave the warzone and find another match.

However, there are many more factors to account for which make the pvp environment different in these two games, so one single aspect may not work for one game while it does for the other. Yet their may be some wisdom in your request to abandon the disgrace debuff because in hundreds (maybe thousands?) of SWTOR warzones I've played through the years I've seen players intentionally afk only a few (less than ten) whereas in post 3.0 Rift I've seen it more times than I care to count (which also happens to be one of the factors which discourage me from playing Rift pvp anymore.)
    Yes, I love the fact that they have extra rewards/medals for what you achieve in a WF. I think that is something that Rift can definitely incorporate into their pvp. Who in a Whitefall wants to jump down and be farmed right out of the first gate for 15 minutes? If I am going to be forced into that type of scenario, at least give me something to work on.

In the past I have written up a post speaking directly on the issue of giving us more pvp related rewards/objectives in warfronts to keep everybody engaged during a blowout.

+ Reply to Thread