+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: I don't get it.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default I don't get it.

    Someone justify this 230K in 2x ranged attacks is there something i'm missing?

    http://i.imgur.com/b6jtYZt.jpg

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Bannj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    362

    Default

    That 297 warlock armor. Boom!
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

  3. #3
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    because pvp balance doesnt exist anymore
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  4. #4
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    But in all my other gdamn threads you were acting like it did.
    they must have been against rogues and mages. They can't do any wrong in rift. Rift's golden children. Just smash your head against the keyboard for all the synergy, mobility, and utility you could ever want.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Someone justify this 230K in 2x ranged attacks is there something i'm missing?

    http://i.imgur.com/b6jtYZt.jpg
    Hmm, lucky you. He didn't crit. I suffered a 235k crit followed by a 133k regular tick from Tetralith's Beam O' Doom. I think I documented four instances in which he took me out of the fight in one second in my Letting Nefelia Die video (also a good pace to see how well Paragon burst is doing).

    Only defence seems to be to interrupt the beam, which is easier said then done given the chaotic nature of warfronts and PvP in general.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    they must have been against rogues and mages. They can't do any wrong in rift. Rift's golden children. Just smash your head against the keyboard for all the synergy, mobility, and utility you could ever want.
    Well rogues that's the next big offender. I'm not saying stealth should be removed.

    But the duration of stealth in wf's shouldn't exceed a certain amount of time.
    the flexibility and capacity to not have plan out ganks from stealth is an attribute to rogue that is far beyond any class in rift.

    You wanna sneak around and sucker punch fine.. But if it were me and I were the Trump of rift.

    I'd say well now you have to be more strategic when you wanna gank someone from stealth you no longer can wallow around and pfoot for as long as you want having the luxury to pick the most dishonorable of times to attack.

    Being rogue is very strong now. And trion decided to ggo full ****** with the gank from stealth thing. They can easily form 2 or 3 deep gank squad going ham on spawns.

    and you think warriors can 1v1 a rogue? Not saying the game is about 1v1 but on the very least the warriors gotta have a bone thrown to it for defending a against a stealth gank.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 06-05-2017 at 10:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    because pvp balance doesnt exist anymore
    When I outline an annoying af issue in this game and you know it, you come in and try and make me look bad.

    I'll admit I haven't always been correct. but theres a few concrete issues I know.

    do you got it?

    You don't have to click my thread.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 06-06-2017 at 11:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    When I outline an annoying af issue in this game and you know it, you come in and try and make me look bad.

    I'll admit I haven't always been correct. but theres a few concrete issues I know.

    do you got it?

    You don't have to click my thread.
    And I agree that primalist among other things are broken af. But your counter argument for everything you say is borderline "buff warriors" which isn't the answer at all because they're literally fine. Actually they're not fine. Paragon shouldn't be ranged.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 06-06-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  9. #9
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    You are gonna argue that paragon is the end all be all of insane things in rift?

    Go ahead make an argument comparing paragon to the other classes and why paragon is the most op go ahead. on with it.

    Did you see my pictures ffs?

    Have you rolled rogue? played marksman or bladedancer?!?! sheesh bladedancers likes a paragon with better sustain and marksman hits very very hard right out of the box with no frags or a 4 pc.

    and your video you aren't hiting hard by any standards that player you killed has no gear.

    And YOU with the paragon thing your obsessed with paragon.

    In order to be successful with paragon you need frags and you need good ones.


    You are gonna argue that rift doesn't have asinine ranged spam and or perma stealth which enables the most *** backwards ganks in any game ive ever seen.

    tell everyone why i am wrong. ATTACK my argument not me., go do it


    I explicitly said that the answer to all this was buff warriors?

    I'm not gonna give trion ideas on how to fix the ranged spam and stealth issue im pretty sure they would have thought of my suggestions.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 06-05-2017 at 11:36 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Only defence seems to be to interrupt the beam, which is easier said then done given the chaotic nature of warfronts and PvP in general.
    This... I often see people talking about how all these 1 shot channels can be interrupted and ****, with the implications that if you die to it you're bad or something.

    Well, I'd like to know what's the trick to be ready to interrupt that 1 guy who's channeling a one-shot ability when you're fighting a 10v10 zerg fight and you're trying to burst down some healer and some guy pops from behind the rock and kill you in 1 second while you were not even targetted on him. Because keep in mind, 2 GCD means 1 second - from the moment you take damage - not 2 like I've seen people say.

    PVP superstars can come in and say that everyone left in the game is terrible, but I have yet to see any player that I've never successfully one-shot with such ******** abilities (hey, if you can't beat them, join them!). Being a good, aware player with good reaction time just means you'll get one-shot a bit less often. Not that you'll never get one shot. But getting one-shot should happen exactly 0 time, it's just stupid.

    The balance is all over the place. There's specs that can channel for 100k-200k second, specs that can deal 200k instantly with 1 button press, but then they nerf others to the ****ing ground, so much that when their burst is over they're dealing next to no damage.

    Same thing with heals... Weaker heals are easily getting 1v1'ed in <10 seconds by anyone with a clue what he's doing, and others are just waltzing away from 2-3 DPS trying to bash their head in. If you happen to play some of these weaker heals you have to be ready to use EVERY SINGLE defensive+bursty heal ability the second that any competent player gets on your ***, or you're dead, just like that. But other stronger heal specs, you could be AFK for 2-3 seconds and your passive keeps you alive until you come back and just heal yourself for 100k+, and then the guy's burst is on cd and you can laugh at him not even making a dent in your health pool anymore.

    People talk about how heals are too strong, or heals are too weak, or damage is too strong, or damage is too weak... But neither of those are the main problem. The problem is that some damage is too strong and some is too weak, some heals are too strong and some are too weak.

    If the game is balanced at Necromancer vs Frostkeeper for DPS vs Heals, then have all dps hit like a ncromancer and all healer heals like an FK.

    But if the game is balanced at Paragon vs Preserver, then have all dps hit like paragon, all healers heal like preserver.

    But right now sometime we have fights that looks necro vs preserver, paragon vs frostkeeper, and those can make some balanced games...
    And then the next game we have all necromancers and preservers on one team and all paragons and FK's on the other, and now it's just stupid.

    Losing because your team lacked skill or teamwork or are too ****ing dumb to look at a map to know where to go, fine... That happens.
    But losing because your healers happened to be the weak specs and their healers happened to be the great specs is just sad. Same for DPS, although that is a bit less sad because everyone can play a ******** spec, if they don't do it they kinda deserve the loss.

    But if your team doesn't have enough of the right specs who can go heal, then you're stuck with the weak spec heals and you're gonna lose unless your dps is way stronger than theirs.

  11. #11
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Every class has something greatly broken or unbalanced, and paragon indeed top broken spec with bugged stun and burst.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    Every class has something greatly broken or unbalanced, and paragon indeed top broken spec with bugged stun and burst.
    Cool! What does Cleric have what we can use? Oh wait, they "fixed" that...

  13. #13
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Cool! What does Cleric have what we can use? Oh wait, they "fixed" that...
    I said broken, not immortal. Try caba
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  14. #14
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I said broken, not immortal. Try caba
    Devs made sure caba can't do much vs. any other class but clerics themselves.. especially other cleric healers. Only thing they have is water jet which stacks with other players snares especially sin. Plus, the only reason this came about is domination maps and BW who still thinks FH is overpowered after getting nerfed 10x its effectiveness pvp. Someone is paying a fortune to keep the rogues happy and its eating away at their playerbase and costing them a fortune.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-06-2017 at 06:50 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    You are gonna argue that paragon is the end all be all of insane things in rift?
    Its one of many, yes. You're the only one that doesn't seem to think so. l2p?


    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Go ahead make an argument comparing paragon to the other classes and why paragon is the most op go ahead. on with it.
    I don't need to because everyone that pvps knows how strong it is and all the tools it has. Quote where I said its the best though.

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Did you see my pictures ffs?
    Yeah vulcanist is one of many broken specs like I already said.

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Have you rolled rogue? played marksman or bladedancer?!?! sheesh bladedancers likes a paragon with better sustain and marksman hits very very hard right out of the box with no frags or a 4 pc.
    Actually since I play all classes I have. Marksman relies on crit chance and crit power if you play the right spec. So you need a decent amount of gear to hit hard, still a very good spec but afaic balanced considering all of the other outliers. BD hits hard af, but nobody plays it right and its 100% melee for the ST dps which renders it up to the player if its going to be effective or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    and your video you aren't hiting hard by any standards that player you killed has no gear.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    In order to be successful with paragon you need frags and you need good ones.
    Just like any other spec...

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    You are gonna argue that rift doesn't have asinine ranged spam and or perma stealth which enables the most *** backwards ganks in any game ive ever seen.
    You're right, it does, that's because ranged specs are easier to play than melee specs, and the risk vs reward just isn't there for melee specs which is unfortunate. Perma stealth has always been around though and I think that's just one of your personal gripes, but if you take away the feelings you have for getting ganked, its not an issue. The issue is that they gave a class with perma stealth which is already strong, high *** damage, which hand in hand go together because now they just come out of stealth and 1 shot people.

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I explicitly said that the answer to all this was buff warriors?
    You hint it every time you post about an "issue". Like:

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    and you think warriors can 1v1 a rogue? Not saying the game is about 1v1 but on the very least the warriors gotta have a bone thrown to it for defending a against a stealth gank.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    even as a ranged spec. you have ranged healers healing ranged it's double the distance. you simply can't reach them many times and even as a 61 tempest ill rush into range of their healers blow my cd's and get totally nuked by ranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    warrior melee has got to be fixed it has got to be able to stand a fair chance against perma stealth and harb toe to toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    1v1 against a cleric no matter what warrior spec im in is a slap in the face even if I was in melee the whole fight doesn't matter the inquis is ranged yet is better in melee. why is that?
    when warrior's archetype is melee. i have seen inquisitors walk away from 1v1's with full life they heal as much as a touch of life.

    there is serious fundamental warrior issues.
    afaic there has been nothing wrong with warriors except the fact that warchanter was abnormally strong in 4.0 and so was riftblade. Now paragon is a ranged melee soul that is capable of 50-100k damage per gcd consistently. Its not 200k ticks but its definitely alot better than you portray it to be.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts