+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LSUdogg
  • 3 Post By Sheo

Thread: give returning players that want free to play a reason to play the game

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    893

    Default give returning players that want free to play a reason to play the game

    this game has alot of potential, you advertise free to play, but then keep selling xpacs, you dont sell xpacs when your game is losing population. i understand making people a little stronger that are lv 70, but the difference between bolstered full pvp gear 65 to a full 70 player is too much of a difference. i played one match and they were able to solo kill me as a healer even when using all my cd's within seconds.

    nobody does the old dungeons and there is no point of doing them anyways, i could care less if im allowed the playable content, but there should still be level progression beyond 65 for those who choose to buy any xpacs.

    this used to be my favorite game for hours most days for a few years, but honestly why buy the xpac when i spend 95% of my time playing pvp. instead of giving the people that do support the company a larger community of players, you just put on a latex glove, make a fist, and tell them to bend over.

    Can anyone here internal or external source give me a viable reason to get into this again?

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    honestly why buy the xpac when i spend 95% of my time playing pvp.
    Because PVP'ing with the xpac > PVP'ing without the xpac? You seem to have reached that same conclusion in your post.

    The xpac is dirt cheap (in $, plat, credit, affinity, name it ) no one has any excuse not to have it.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    lol ur still gonna die in 2s with all cds when ur 70
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  4. #4
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    that's why i'm staying 65 and not spending another penny on a game that's shunned us since SL.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

  5. #5
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    that's why i'm staying 65 and not spending another penny on a game that's shunned us since SL.
    rogues has its cake and eats it to. rogue is literally strong right now.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    i understand making people a little stronger that are lv 70, but the difference between bolstered full pvp gear 65 to a full 70 player is too much of a difference. i played one match and they were able to solo kill me as a healer even when using all my cd's within seconds.
    Likely you were up against a Paragon or ate an Ethereal Beam. There are a few DPS specs that can reliably solo healers. This is a balance issue rather than a bolstering issue (though I have no idea if bolstering issues exist regardless).

    Just pointing out that you are experiencing the norm of the current PvP meta.

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    rogues has its cake and eats it to. rogue is literally strong right now.
    Assassin is a bit over-tuned at the moment, but aside from that I don't really see Rogues standing out more than Warriors, Primalists, or Mages with their own outlier souls.

    Mages have the best heal (FK), Warriors and Rogues share the spot for best melee DPS, and Primalists have the Beam of Doom to dominate ranged DPS.

    Pity the poor Cleric.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-18-2017 at 03:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander ShadowKill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    If you want PvP-Balance quit Rift and play League of Legends. That is a true skill-based PvP-game. Rift is only fun if u have a good healer behind you or if both teams ->don't<- have heals - but that rarely ever happens. Too often it's just some idiot running around with a pocket-fk and feeling like a god, no skill needed. Heals decide the matches, and I'm fed up. League is fun.
    Dethmetal@Gelidra
    Dethmagic@Gelidra
    Melee Nerd
    //Playing Blade & Soul atm//
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yHWyzlA8E

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    If you think heals decide the match, then you've never been part of a good assist-train... which in this bursty meta can make heals absolutely obsolete at times.

    I can make a large list of DPS players I know that routinely perform well without pocket heals. I can also point to many of my own videos for examples of matches decided by the quality and quantity of DPS, rather than healing.

    If you are a big fan of melee then you do have valid gripes, but you've gone a bit too far in your analysis.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    rogues has its cake and eats it to. rogue is literally strong right now.
    Nah its not just sin, it's bladancer and mm, although mm seems to need good frags to survive but still good dmg stright from the box. however with frags mm is insane.

    I don't even ahve a pvp weapon set yet and I was hitting people almost as hard as my fully frag'd and fully geared paragon but witha stealth

    http://i.imgur.com/8AdHhqX.jpg

  10. #10
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Current instagib meta but someone still can QQ about heals. Esp a rogue lol. Really? NB finishers above 100K, (135K max I got), BD binary strike ~120K (I know BD is melee calm down), Coda of Wrath close to 100K. I saw NB 70K burst, ranger 60K burst in PVP (is this bugged?) Not to mention assbomber: zero effort high reward, RANGED! generally 2-3 buttons and all attacks are proccing poisons. 40% of NB parse is hellfire blade as 40% of assa and assa variants damage are poisons (no more purge!)
    Rogues are over-tuned on many-many spec and can be blamed for the current meta as brokenccpara, harb and instagibbeam.

    ^^
    Sorry man but para is also broken, for many reason.


    ps: Please trion hear us out and do something with instagib.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Lol, well said Sheo.

    Instagibbeam... surprisingly appropriate.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    Current instagib meta but someone still can QQ about heals. Esp a rogue lol. Really? NB finishers above 100K, (135K max I got), BD binary strike ~120K (I know BD is melee calm down), Coda of Wrath close to 100K. I saw NB 70K burst, ranger 60K burst in PVP (is this bugged?) Not to mention assbomber: zero effort high reward, RANGED! generally 2-3 buttons and all attacks are proccing poisons. 40% of NB parse is hellfire blade as 40% of assa and assa variants damage are poisons (no more purge!)
    Rogues are over-tuned on many-many spec and can be blamed for the current meta as brokenccpara, harb and instagibbeam.

    ^^
    Sorry man but para is also broken, for many reason.


    ps: Please trion hear us out and do something with instagib.

    Go and compare a non frag'd BD against a non frag'd paragon I went over this already you'l die in paragon without gear. but bladedancer decimates right out of the box + a stealth.

    any paragon that gets on peoples jimmie ruffled radar has worked hard for that all I'm saying. I have 2x 70 warriors. and I compare paragon, paragon is a spec that yields to gear alot.

    and I love how over the years this community stealth is that elephant in the room that's always conveniently left out of the the debate.

    im not gonna sit by and watch the only functioning spec warrr has get nerfed while people kite all day , stealth all day spread ranged dots that take your whole life bar down.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 06-19-2017 at 06:02 AM.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Go and compare a non frag'd BD against a non frag'd paragon I went over this already you'l die in paragon without gear. but bladedancer decimates right out of the box + a stealth.

    any paragon that gets on peoples jimmie ruffled radar has worked hard for that all I'm saying. I have 2x 70 warriors. and I compare paragon, paragon is a spec that yields to gear alot.

    and I love how over the years this community stealth is that elephant in the room that's always conveniently left out of the the debate.

    im not gonna sit by and watch the only functioning spec warrr has get nerfed while people kite all day , stealth all day spread ranged dots that take your whole life bar down.
    Nobody wants to nerf para to useless, clam down, main goal is a bug-fix on LSO. Do you think unbreakable CC fair with current para burst? If my teleport is not available, (and only fk has that ability!), I cant move, I`m just standing and waiting for my execution. Bug-fix not equal nerf.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  14. #14
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    Nobody wants to nerf para to useless, clam down, main goal is a bug-fix on LSO. Do you think unbreakable CC fair with current para burst? If my teleport is not available, (and only fk has that ability!), I cant move, I`m just standing and waiting for my execution. Bug-fix not equal nerf.
    Not sure where your at but I see people break out of LSO all the time. is this just a FK thing or?

  15. #15
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    rogues has its cake and eats it to. rogue is literally strong right now.
    not at 65, they aren't. don't fret though; i may return july 19th to stab u in the back some more.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts