+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Roof access in Karthan Ridge

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Deathbecomesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    139

    Default Roof access in Karthan Ridge

    As many pvp folk know there is roof access to one of the buildings on the Guardian side in Karthan Ridge. Some people take advantage of this by climbing up there and holding the stone until an opportune moment presents itself. Then drop down to deliver the stone to the extractor. As far as I know there is no such access on the Defiant side which creates a bit of an unfair circumstance.

    Hoping one of the devs will read this and adjust accordingly.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    As many pvp folk know there is roof access to one of the buildings on the Guardian side in Karthan Ridge. Some people take advantage of this by climbing up there and holding the stone until an opportune moment presents itself. Then drop down to deliver the stone to the extractor. As far as I know there is no such access on the Defiant side which creates a bit of an unfair circumstance.

    Hoping one of the devs will read this and adjust accordingly.
    You can actually get to the roofs on both sides, defiant side is just a little harder
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-04-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Deathbecomesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You can actually get to the roofs on both sides, defiant side is just a little harder
    Must be much harder on Defiant side as I've never seen anyone do it in the 3 years I've been playing. Not even Sorrry who loves to be up there as often as possible. Either way feels like an exploit less devs meant for people to be able to do that.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    Must be much harder on Defiant side as I've never seen anyone do it in the 3 years I've been playing. Not even Sorrry who loves to be up there as often as possible. Either way feels like an exploit less devs meant for people to be able to do that.
    There are always plenty of people up on defiant side roof as well, this is a fallacy.

    Plus, the defiant side roof is even easier to get up onto, Its just that its less used b/c its much easier to be knocked off of if you aren't paying attention.


    Personally, I enjoy having the roofs in Karthan, it makes it more fun. Just a few days ago we had a really fun 4v4 up there fighting for the stone, it lasted like 5 minutes, we would've beaten them if our MM that was with us stopped trying to knock them off the roof and actually killed them instead.

    - I've never really seen it as an exploit anyway. An exploit is something that wasn't intended and is abused. I feel like it was intended to be able to run around up there or

    1. Why have such an open space?
    2. Why give the pathway up, no reason to even have that there. and
    3. Its easy to do on both sides and I've always felt its a way to spice up the match instead of it just being zerg up the roads


    Edit: I think there has been other posts on this and the verdict was it was fine, but I cant be bothered to look for them.
    Last edited by Rgizil; 06-04-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    48

    Default

    The good news atleast is that the roofs aren't out of range. I've charged up or pulled down a lot of people up there. It definitely needs to be looked at seeing as there are tons of spots on the guardian roof to hide or LOS people chasing you.
    If you have a speed buff you can even jump across to the railing and get on the floating rocks. These kind of spots, the defiant side does not have.

    So many fond memories, but it does need to be changed.
    Quick fix? Add a tower on defiant side for more climbing. At least give both sides some options.
    Last edited by HavagudwunSeeyuh; 06-04-2017 at 09:39 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Deathbecomesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    There are always plenty of people up on defiant side roof as well, this is a fallacy.

    Plus, the defiant side roof is even easier to get up onto, Its just that its less used b/c its much easier to be knocked off of if you aren't paying attention.


    Personally, I enjoy having the roofs in Karthan, it makes it more fun. Just a few days ago we had a really fun 4v4 up there fighting for the stone, it lasted like 5 minutes, we would've beaten them if our MM that was with us stopped trying to knock them off the roof and actually killed them instead.

    - I've never really seen it as an exploit anyway. An exploit is something that wasn't intended and is abused. I feel like it was intended to be able to run around up there or

    1. Why have such an open space?
    2. Why give the pathway up, no reason to even have that there. and
    3. Its easy to do on both sides and I've always felt its a way to spice up the match instead of it just being zerg up the roads


    Edit: I think there has been other posts on this and the verdict was it was fine, but I cant be bothered to look for them.
    I've never experienced "plenty" of people up on Defiant side roofs. Is it safe to assume that you would like it to remain as such as you are one of the few that actually accesses that area? Personally I think it detracts from the focus of the warfront and is a nuisance in general.

    I am aware of what an exploit is and I find it hard to believe that roof access in this warfront was intended. And it is abused on the guardian side. Hence the reason for this post. If it is intended then access to Defiant side rooftops should be made as easy to access as it is on the Guardian side.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    I've never experienced "plenty" of people up on Defiant side roofs. Is it safe to assume that you would like it to remain as such as you are one of the few that actually accesses that area? Personally I think it detracts from the focus of the warfront and is a nuisance in general.

    I am aware of what an exploit is and I find it hard to believe that roof access in this warfront was intended. And it is abused on the guardian side. Hence the reason for this post. If it is intended then access to Defiant side rooftops should be made as easy to access as it is on the Guardian side.
    It is extremely easy and there have been plenty of players up on the defiant side.

    You just jump on the rocks to the south and jump against the corner of the roof where it is lower. It isn't a secret. Its soooo much easier then the guardian side b/c you wont get slingshotted to mid if you mess up.

    While the defiant side is easier to get to, it isn't used as much b/c its so much easier to hit someone up there. To climb to the top you have to run within ranged distance from people below for pretty much the entire time, plus there are no walls to prevent someone from knocking you off like there is on guardian side.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Deathbecomesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    It is extremely easy and there have been plenty of players up on the defiant side.

    You just jump on the rocks to the south and jump against the corner of the roof where it is lower. It isn't a secret. Its soooo much easier then the guardian side b/c you wont get slingshotted to mid if you mess up.

    While the defiant side is easier to get to, it isn't used as much b/c its so much easier to hit someone up there. To climb to the top you have to run within ranged distance from people below for pretty much the entire time, plus there are no walls to prevent someone from knocking you off like there is on guardian side.
    So by your own admission, Guardian side roof access is used more because one is less likely to get poached while up top. Thus creating an unfair advantage for those accessing The Guardian side roof area.

    Thanks for clearing that up RG

  9. #9
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    So by your own admission, Guardian side roof access is used more because one is less likely to get poached while up top. Thus creating an unfair advantage for those accessing The Guardian side roof area.

    Thanks for clearing that up RG
    What does this have to do with your initial argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    As far as I know there is no such access on the Defiant side which creates a bit of an unfair circumstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    If it is intended then access to Defiant side rooftops should be made as easy to access as it is on the Guardian side.
    You first argued that the defiant should have one, and then argued that the defiant side ones should be easy to access , and now your argument is that it is unfair b/c the defiant one is less protected? What exactly is your point?

    Both have pros/cons, the defiant side is much easier to get to, but less covered, while the guardian one is a bit more challenging and iffy due to the rock below but it has more land. Personally, I prefer the Guardian Side on my rogue/cleric/mage and the Defiant Side one for primalist/warrior.

    But anyway, I think your initial post is pretty much pointless now as your argument isn't remotely the same. The devs don't have to adjust accordingly b/c it is already adjusted.
    Last edited by Rgizil; 06-05-2017 at 04:02 AM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  10. #10
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I'm certain that they're intended to be there.

    I find they're both hard to get up onto based on the situation. Depending on what's happening/who/what is following you can alter the difficulty or the decision of getting up there in the first place.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Deathbecomesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    What does this have to do with your initial argument?





    You first argued that the defiant should have one, and then argued that the defiant side ones should be easy to access , and now your argument is that it is unfair b/c the defiant one is less protected? What exactly is your point?

    Both have pros/cons, the defiant side is much easier to get to, but less covered, while the guardian one is a bit more challenging and iffy due to the rock below but it has more land. Personally, I prefer the Guardian Side on my rogue/cleric/mage and the Defiant Side one for primalist/warrior.

    But anyway, I think your initial post is pretty much pointless now as your argument isn't remotely the same. The devs don't have to adjust accordingly b/c it is already adjusted.
    My point has remained consistent throughout. And that is, the Guardian side roof access provides an unfair advantage for those willing to exploit it. And that is why it is used so much more than the Defiant side. I would like to see both sides have the same access, with the same cover, which in turn should yield the same results. Or have the access removed entirely. I have not strayed from this point, at all, in any of my posts.

    I'm sorry if you don't agree with me.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    You just jump on the rocks to the south and jump against the corner of the roof where it is lower. It isn't a secret. Its soooo much easier then the guardian side b/c you wont get slingshotted to mid if you mess up.
    Might be more than one way up if you are talking about slingshotting to the middle. Not sure how you get up to the Guardian rooftop, but the method I know requires no jumps or boosts... just a series of rather easy jumps.


    My point has remained consistent throughout. And that is, the Guardian side roof access provides an unfair advantage for those willing to exploit it. And that is why it is used so much more than the Defiant side.
    I agree in principle, but only because this access is unknown to the majority of the player base. The issue is that Defiant carriers can currently hide on the roof and await the opportunity to cap in safety since very few can actually follow them up there.

    Despite RGI's claims, access to the rooftops is a secret hoarded by few (myself among them - though I have given a pretty big hint to the community recently). I'd rather see the rooftop access remain, as it provides for more strategic options, but recognize that the secrecy is rather unfair.

    Perhaps a brief video guide would be appropriate. But it would have to wait until I have time to look into RDI's instructions for getting to the Defiant rooftop.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    the method I know requires no jumps or boosts... just a series of rather easy jumps.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    The issue is that Defiant carriers can currently hide on the roof and await the opportunity to cap in safety since very few can actually follow them up there.
    1. You know it works both ways right? Guardians and Defiants can use it. Offensively or Defensively.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Despite RGI's claims, access to the rooftops is a secret hoarded by few (myself among them - though I have given a pretty big hint to the community recently).
    It's not a secret lol. Its been in the game for years, if anyone doesn't know where it is/how to get there, its just the fault of not caring enough to learn/ask someone. Anyone will tell how, this isn't remotely true.

    Last I remember, HK literally has a step by step guide on our guild wall on how to do it. I personally have it in a raid chat macro for when anyone asks.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Malackye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Just my 2 cents and all I do is pvp 24/7. I will have to admit myself, I have never once, ever seen anybody on the other roof. I dont think this is as common as some make it sound. I myself didnt even know it was possible on the other one. Now I will have to go look.........

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Bannj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    Just my 2 cents and all I do is pvp 24/7. I will have to admit myself, I have never once, ever seen anybody on the other roof. I dont think this is as common as some make it sound. I myself didnt even know it was possible on the other one. Now I will have to go look.........
    The only tactically useful roof is on the guardian side. A holder can opt to drop down and cap center or side. As Nef shows in a recent video it can also be used by the guardians to wait out a center tide. I don't see many use it besides Sorrry. It guarantees nothing, and enemies can opt to clamber up and challenge his position there. Point of fact the roofs are not equitable but I'd rather have this imbalance than the predictable disabling of Karthan Ridge permanently.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts