• 4 Post By Nefelia
  • 2 Post By Gilgad
  • 1 Post By Dizbo
  • 1 Post By Aedynn
  • 1 Post By Malachi26

Thread: PvP Videos: Indestructible and Rally

Ascendant

Default PvP Videos: Indestructible and Rally

1) Indestructible: A collection of close calls highlighting the importance of positioning, mobility, and situational awareness.

2) Rally: Turning around a very lopsided match at Whitefall. Sometimes just the addition of a second healer is enough to drastically alter a team's dynamic.

I was actually hoping to have Letting Nefelia Die (my next planned video compilation) ready to be released with Indestructible. However, I have planned some chanbges to that video that have sent it back quite a bit. Spoiler: Nefelia will die a lot in that video. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    1) Indestructible: A collection of close calls highlighting the importance of positioning, mobility, and situational awareness.

2) Rally: Turning around a very lopsided match at Whitefall. Sometimes just the addition of a second healer is enough to drastically alter a team's dynamic.

I was actually hoping to have Letting Nefelia Die (my next planned video compilation) ready to be released with Indestructible. However, I have planned some chanbges to that video that have sent it back quite a bit. Spoiler: Nefelia will die a lot in that video. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of the week.
    I find watching myself from your perspective so entertaining rofl

#PainIncoming

Rift Master

A good mage healer is harder to kill than an FH tank now. It's really sad.. lol.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-23-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Plane Touched

Great videos! Yes the addition of a healer really is huge, and it blows me away that not a lot of players out there have a healing spec on the ready, especially with the multitude of roles you can choose from in Rift. I hardly ever see a team that has at least 3 healers against a team with fewer than that ever lose a match.

Keep these coming
    Last edited by Malachi26; 05-24-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    I find watching myself from your perspective so entertaining rofl
    So do I, but I think I've only seen it happen once for myself. There are far too few players willing to take the time to make videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    A good mage healer is harder to kill than an FH tank now. It's really sad.. lol.
    Far too often I see players with stronger heals than myself getting killed due to poor positioning. Sent's chain-casting in the front line, or FKs bunny hopping much too far away from terrain that could cut LoS.

The focus of the video was not really to highlight how strong mage self-healing is: I main a Chloro, so my self-healing is average at best). Rather, I try to empathize the survival skills (positioning, mobility, and situational awareness) that are available to all players regardless of what role they play. Even tanks can benefit from knowing when to pull back or cut around a corner for a few seconds to top up before going back to the front lines.

I do sympathize with the current plight of the Cleric, however. I have known that pain before.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    Great videos! Yes the addition of a healer really is huge, and it blows me away that not a lot of players out there have a healing spec on the ready, especially with the multitude of roles you can choose from in Rift. I hardly ever see a team that has at least 3 healers against a team with fewer than that ever lose a match.

Keep these coming
    Thanks for the support. I partially agree with your position regarding healers, though I'd point out that a team with a powerful DPS PM that knows how to focus fire properly will destroy the opposition regardless of the heroic efforts of the opposing healers.

The current meta can be brutal for healers at times. ;)

+ Reply to Thread