+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Inq squishy

Default Inq squishy

Anybody have any luck with Inq being incredibly squishy in pvp? Feel like it just cant hold up 1vs1 like before. Its too bad they nerfed fairy because I felt that was the only thing keeping Inq standing and competitive.

Anybody have any specs or suggestions? Thanks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
    When someone kills you in 2-3 GCD, /tell them "You might've won this fight, but just letting you know that I'm apparently the most balanced class in game".
    Then you get the moral victory.

But to answer your first question... It's not that it's squishy. Most DPS specs are. It's just not pulling the damage numbers a squishy spec should. Your sustained damage doesn't kill **** unless they don't have heals or aren't really trying to kill you.

And you got a 200k+ damage ability but it's interruptable and on a 2 minute cooldown, while the other classes have similar (or better) damage abilities that are on a 30 seconds cooldown and sometime instant.

Inq's a one-trick pony and it's not a very good trick, and you can only use it 4-5 times in a warfront.

I guess wait for the fix where they will either
    a) give it +5% damage to 2-3 abilities and call it a day
    or
    b) make Bolt of judgment crit for 175k and be castable from a new Inq stealth ability (10 seconds combat-stealth on a 20 second cooldown).

Im having incredible hard time against assasins.
    Chain stunn, and able to do huge dmg from range.
    If i manage to get them to 70% health im lucky.
    I dont get why they made poison non purgable, it was our best defense against them

Champion

Anybody have any luck with Inq being incredibly squishy in pvp? Feel like it just cant hold up 1vs1 like before. Its too bad they nerfed fairy because I felt that was the only thing keeping Inq standing and competitive.

Yes, the FH nerf was to harsh. But at the same time it's really very sad that almost every soul's viability in the Cleric calling is dependent on one Druid passive ability. It's no fun to have Druid as a requirement in each and every build. It clearly indicates the other souls need a little bit of TLC.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 05-22-2017 at 01:13 AM.

We shouldnt have to be forced to be 11 in Cab to get our only port. We have no real escape from melee. Judicial privilege doesnt cut it and if you do have the port, melee is still on top of you. Its a shame that we cant even run away properly. And i would have to agree that our dps is underwhelming and underperforming.

Yes, they nerfed the daylights out of the survivability of Inquisitor. And on board with a teleport. Heck, that should be given to all clerics. But this is what happens when you have Devs that really dont care or put the time and effort in to make it all work. But yes, something needs to be done.

Trion, you cant ignore the state that you put clerics in.............

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    Yes, they nerfed the daylights out of the survivability of Inquisitor. And on board with a teleport. Heck, that should be given to all clerics. But this is what happens when you have Devs that really dont care or put the time and effort in to make it all work. But yes, something needs to be done.

They don't read this part of the forum. I have no idea how to bring this to their attention.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post

They don't read this part of the forum. I have no idea how to bring this to their attention.

Rift Master

I agree if they actually read the cleric forums they would have known that cleric is the most hard countered class in PvP. It is pretty sad people still try to make them work. The devs are not even respectively balancing them.

Purge kills sent
    Cleanse Deep Freeze
    Interrupt highest burst timer in the game 2 min RC

You would think its over, nope.
    Defiler has to work around bugged Greed's hitting them for 100K.
    Druid is virtually useless due to heavy mana usage and also sacrificing life to gain mana + having a high gcd and not many Ogcd like RB has.

Want more lessons/reasons..

Mechanically they are all inferior. No free get out of jails. No way to deal the burst from range with disconnect talents in melee. The list goes on and on. It is just silly that people play this class for PvP other than to say once in awhile during an ultra cherry picked warfront they did gud. It is an on going joke at this point..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-23-2017 at 05:15 PM.

I know. I have repeatedly tried numerous specs to get it to work and come up with nothing. Sure it hits hard at times, but im as soft as marshmallows. Nothing is worse then hiding behind even your healers to just stay alive.

Something has to be done.

Champion

I know. I have repeatedly tried numerous specs to get it to work and come up with nothing. Sure it hits hard at times, but im as soft as marshmallows. Nothing is worse then hiding behind even your healers to just stay alive.

Something has to be done.
    Often I use Oracle and stand way at the back buffing and debuffing. But any enemy just plows through me before I can even press a button to counter. I did absolutely fine prior to 4.0! So this is not just about Inq. The whole Cleric class is gutted. Shaman is super-fragile.

I do like the influx of new players though; still able to defeat newbies.

But I refuse to reroll. To much time invested in this character. Can't do it again. I did some testing with Mage and enjoyed winning in PVP with it. But I really just want to use my main Cleric again.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 05-23-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Often I use Oracle and stand way at the back buffing and debuffing. But any enemy just plows through me before I can even press a button to counter. I did absolutely fine prior to 4.0! So this is not just about Inq. The whole Cleric class is gutted. Shaman is super-fragile.

I do like the influx of new players though; still able to defeat newbies.

But I refuse to reroll. To much time invested in this character. Can't do it again. I did some testing with Mage and enjoyed winning in PVP with it. But I really just want to use my main Cleric again.
    Exactly, the grind to get my current toon to its level is what stops me from re-rolling a different class. Too much time and resources spent on this guy. Just gets very frustrating when you know that Clerics can be hit with a bag of cotton balls and die.

curiously which calling's burst pvp spec has more survivability than your inqs?

Or which calling has more sustained their pvp burst spec?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-24-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    curiously which calling's burst pvp spec has more survivability than your inqs?

Or which calling has more sustained their pvp burst spec?
    (You might have been asking to the OP, but anyway)
    Well as I've said in my reply in the thread, being squishy isn't the biggest problem it is just part of the problem (will come to it down there); It's the damage. In a meta where everyone deals such insane burst, inq doesn't cut it at all. Inq has ONE big burst ability and it's kinda bad ( long cooldown, interruptable ).

Most of the top specs have "one-shot" types abilities now and they're all much better than Inq, and this is what Inqs are playing against.

It's more of a damage problem.

Squishyness
    But yes, Inq also has a survivability problem caused by its core ability; You have to stand still to deal reasonable damage (and by reasonable I mean, ridiculously worse than the top specs in the game, but enough to kill someone if he fall asleeps or plays reaver and forgot to equip any gear or something).

The game is more than just damage/resist numbers. To deal optimal DPS you have to stand still 90% of the time and this is a MAJOR hit to survivability. almost every specs use instant abilities. Which mean they can attack while pushing forward, they can attack while retreating, it doesn't matter if they're moving forward or backward their DPS is close to optimal.

Cleric dps while movie is awful. Cleric DPS while standing still is still terrible outside of 1 or 2 abiltiies, but when they're on the move they're barely dealing any damage at all.

So their options are
    a) to cut their DPS by like half to move
    or
    b) stand still while a class that deals a lot more damage is beating their face in, and also allows people to catch you, etc...

Both options loses.
    And this is just for the survival aspect. Dealing ****ty damage when moving also makes you bad at playing aggressively. The enemy is on the run, you chase them to finish them off but outside your chanellings you're not doing much because you can't stand still to dps them while they're running away.

In optimal situations (i.e. you can transform yourself into a turret defense) your dps is still lacking compared to the top dps specs. But you're not always in those optimal situations and when you're forced to go on the move ( forward/backward ) it's even worse.

I mean picture a scenario where you have to chase say a marskman to kill him. Or he's chasing you to kill you. He deals close to 100% of his DPS while running at max speed, while you're hitting him with a peashooter.

In short, poor dps, gets even worse when you're forced to move, which makes you stand still to try to extract more DPS (which the other specs are almost never forced to do), which makes you take more damage. Hence the "squishy" feeling. It's not that you take more damage per hits or anything. It's that you take more hits, because you can't move as much as the other callings. But you don't want to die so you move and then you take a 50% dps loss. There's no winning move. Except play a different spec/calling I guess.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 05-24-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    (You might have been asking to the OP, but anyway)
    Well as I've said in my reply in the thread, being squishy isn't the biggest problem it is just part of the problem (will come to it down there); It's the damage. In a meta where everyone deals such insane burst, inq doesn't cut it at all. Inq has ONE big burst ability and it's kinda bad ( long cooldown, interruptable ).

I mean picture a scenario where you have to chase say a marskman to kill him. Or he's chasing you to kill you. He deals close to 100% of his DPS while running at max speed, while you're hitting him with a peashooter.

In short, poor dps, gets even worse when you're forced to move, which makes you stand still to try to extract more DPS (which the other specs are almost never forced to do), which makes you take more damage. Hence the "squishy" feeling. It's not that you take more damage per hits or anything. It's that you take more hits, because you can't move as much as the other callings. But you don't want to die so you move and then you take a 50% dps loss. There's no winning move. Except play a different spec/calling I guess.
    Very well put and couldnt agree more with it.
    Last edited by Kemo Sabe; 05-25-2017 at 06:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast