the most effective game changing rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    doesn't have back pedaling and keyboard turning

Soulwalker

gg 1v1
    add the wf when i didnt have 400ms and u burnt spring loaded kickers ^^
    prob best sin NA thats still playing nice man

buff harb
    Last edited by Reflexes; 05-13-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    i see you macro breakfree

Pretty good video displaying how there's to much freedom with stealth ability. Stealth when ever and for however long you want. and for the hell of it trion will still let you win a fight without popping out of stealth on someone.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Pretty good video displaying how there's to much freedom with stealth ability. Stealth when ever and for however long you want. and for the hell of it trion will still let you win a fight without popping out of stealth on someone.

Stealth is too good because 1 out of 4 points in Codex is dominated by sins? Most sins kills happen at vault, the only place you can guarantee 1v1 fights or at worst 1v2s.
    The most important point on the map is still dominated by healers and ranged specs.
    Like just about everything else in the game.

2/3 of the maps in the game are dominated by this (healers and ranged), doesn't seem unfair to me that sins/melee are dominating the outside points on domination maps, and BA.
    These are the only places they really shine.

While ranged shine just about everywhere.

And Trion isn't "letting you win a fight without popping out of stealth". You have a shot, yeah... but if you win a fight as an assassin without stealth, you're likely outskilling or outgearing your opponent.

There's a reason why most dps rogue play marksman (or ranger ) on all non-dom maps, and some rogues even play these (and not sins) on Dom maps as well.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 05-13-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Nice video man!

Next challenge, display a 1v3 at vault!

Ascendant

Thanks for taking the time and putting forth the effort to make this video. There are too few players willing to do so.

Great video. I noticed you caught a few really good players with their pants down. I just dread the day that I show up on one of these videos as a hapless victim.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Stealth is too good because 1 out of 4 points in Codex is dominated by sins? Most sins kills happen at vault, the only place you can guarantee 1v1 fights or at worst 1v2s.
    The most important point on the map is still dominated by healers and ranged specs.
    Like just about everything else in the game.

2/3 of the maps in the game are dominated by this (healers and ranged), doesn't seem unfair to me that sins/melee are dominating the outside points on domination maps, and BA.
    These are the only places they really shine.

While ranged shine just about everywhere.

And Trion isn't "letting you win a fight without popping out of stealth". You have a shot, yeah... but if you win a fight as an assassin without stealth, you're likely outskilling or outgearing your opponent.

There's a reason why most dps rogue play marksman (or ranger ) on all non-dom maps, and some rogues even play these (and not sins) on Dom maps as well.
    Ever heard of the phrase, "wallflowers" in Rift. Its been constantly tossed at the rogue community who has held the same mentality of range being dominant. Sin was always one of the top PvP specs in the game since domination maps. Unfortunately we have a lot of players who rather play MM "wallflowers" than play a super powerful spec like sin. Take a good look at domination maps. (and honestly that goes for every class.)

Also consider what Ecru and Xclusive did when promoting all those KB screen shots and twitch vids. They played a spec that was worse and still worse design that lingering wound fear bomb champ from years ago even though shaman was revisited more than any other soul of cleric. Its really possible that if everyone actually went melee sin or harb atm vs a pure range party they would run all over the range with 1 to 1 healers. The wallflower terminology was used not to describe those shy players but changed to those players who refuse to take advantage of the most powerful melee specs in domination maps.. So they get pushed back to their spawn by others who play melee FoTM and die becoming wallflowers.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-14-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Default Great video

I enjoyed watching this video immensely. Well done, Smartyr.

+1 clearly a master at this spec
    +1 fighting very good players
    +2 ultra clean interface, maybe the best video friendly interface I've ever seen.
    +2 the music (very 80s video gamey).
    +1 well edited.

Keep them coming!
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

I must be the only one struggling to see stuff kuz the camera is panned too far out

How did he set his hotbars up like that though? I'm really interested in that.
    Last edited by Orochan; 05-14-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

While it's true the stealth isn't that popular as of right now.

Just wait till it does become more popular.
    even in this video he spent a big % of the wf in stealth.

and whoever mentioned above that rogue won't kill without popping from stealth should watch the video.

Tbh I don't know why sin't more popular especially right now.
    but if it does become more popular and you have a sneaking rogue everywhere you move.

You could could q with 3 rogues and have an unstoppable ganking force.

we saw this in open world pvp and conquest.

there's no way to tell if there's 3 or 5 and that's partly because perma stealth. 2v1 is a no choice forced to die situation.

it comes infinite number of times to chose who to outnumber or who to pick off trying to drink.
    whilst rogues have a free out of combat escape.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    You could could q with 3 rogues and have an unstoppable ganking force.
    You can just queue solo rogue and have a (near) unstoppable ganking force... So long as you only attack lone players.

If you do your 3 stealth rogue premade thingy in the hope to jump healers in the middle of the team and destroy them well yeah, you're gonna get the kill, then the rest of the team will obliterate all 3 of you because everyone's always hitting whatever is closest (even if it's a tank) so 3 sins will get dealt with in no time, and then you lose 3 players against their 1 ( or 2 if their team react very slowly ). And this is why people don't run sins that much outside of dom maps.

Also worth nothing that 3 good players working together will do well regardless of the class. This isn't so much a "stealth rogues are good!" argument but rather a "premades are good".

Have these 3 rogues play marskman and focus the same target and they'll kill it too, only they'll do it from 35 meters away, without being focused fired by the entire enemy team, with heals on them, and the opportunity to retreat even further than 35m if needs be.

Lmao.. This vid makes me miss the game dearly.. Although the "gutting" of PvP and it's disarray, I can clearly see that there's still some action going on. !!!

RIFT by far, has the best pvp action and setup in (3rd person non shooter) MMO rpg gaming period.

miss and <3 you all

~ Living the Dream... Esca
    Escadora@Deepwood
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Default [Video] ~ Smartyr ~ Sin > Harb

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexes View Post
    gg 1v1
    gg

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Nice video man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Great video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    I enjoyed watching this video immensely.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the video!

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    How did he set his hotbars up like that though? I'm really interested in that.
    I just customized the default UI to accommodate my preferences. Not an Addon.
    > My YouTube Channel <

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    #1 Assassin - Smartyr@Seastone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    the most effective game changing rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    doesn't have back pedaling and keyboard turning

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzkiller View Post

I just customized the default UI to accommodate my preferences. Not an Addon.
    Thanks! I'm going to look into that.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

so this is rifts pvp these days?people are dropping in a few hits

good job on the video and ty for giving me look at what live is like
    Last edited by butkus; 05-28-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast