+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: PvP Balance and Changes.

Default PvP Balance and Changes.

After looking at the PTS thread that Keyens keeps updating (ty for that) we still dont see the changes the community is asking for. I don't want to be rude here but you need to do what the community is asking or you need to tell us your "plan" because these changes that are slowly coming are driving the community away.

We don't know what you are planning and these small (although huge) changes are making it seem that your plan is for a sudo Esport type PvP where people are being killed within 5 seconds (but only a few souls are able to do it atm) forcing people to play one or two specs for their calling.

Will you please tell us what the plan is for PvP and where it is headed. Are we moving for Esport type, voice com PvP? Or are going for a more broad type PvP where most people can jump in.. PvP.. and enjoy it?

I PvP almost 8+ hours a day (sometimes more).. everyday in Rift. I don't want to sound like a ****** but you owe me at least this much (Please) for the hours of helping new players who send me tells about specs...

I need to know if I should keep trying to help the PvP community or just let it go and find a new game -- Rifle.

5 sec I wish.
    Just reduce damage and buff healers and call it a day.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

Well the main problem are first of all Paragorn,Tempest,Harbinger because they can burst you down at 20m fr Para,35m temp and harb at 30m them we have assassins and bladedancers but i see them as less of a problem not because i m main rogue but because they only can burst at melee range but all the same crazy strong and should not be this way,we should be able to have some time to react and atm thats not even possible because most of us dont run pocket heals and we die in seconds.

P.S. ethereal beam from primalist is another good example....not even a healr can survive it .
    Last edited by bollesti; 05-05-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    5 sec I wish.
    I don't like this whole blanket nerf/buff way of doing things. Souls are so imbalanced as hell, no amount of buff/nerf (accross the board) will make things right.

They need to address specific problems not the general state of things.
    Damage is not too strong; This soul and This soul and That soul's damage is too strong.
    If you nerf all damage to deal with these few souls, you basically kill 20 other souls that were balanced but are now super UP (because damage nerf and heal buff).

I mean to give a real example of what "nerf damage/buff heal" does...
    How many nerfed cleric to you think it'll take to kill a buffed FK (geared/knows what he's doing)?

SOME healers could use a buff, and SOME dps souls could use a nerf. Not all of them.
    And for the love of all that is holy, no more big class overhaul... It almost always create either insanely OP specs, or useless trash specs.

Rift Chaser

5 sec I wish.
    How about if Keyens buffs healing, except you and Neverheal? Invincible frostkeepers accompanied by BIS rogues and warriors causing great unbalance in matchmaking. Well in my humble opinion buffing frostkeeper seems a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    How about if Keyens buffs healing, except you and Neverheal? Invincible frostkeepers accompanied by BIS rogues and warriors causing great unbalance in matchmaking. Well in my humble opinion buffing frostkeeper seems a bad idea.
    Yea, pls buff healing and nerf Faynee and Neverheal Also if its possible make them braindead,just for sure (sarcasm). To be honest, you cant blame people for causing unbalance in matchmaking just because they're playing good and hanging out with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    Yea, pls buff healing and nerf Faynee and Neverheal Also if its possible make them braindead,just for sure (sarcasm). To be honest, you cant blame people for causing unbalance in matchmaking just because they're playing good and hanging out with friends
    Yes! Please, nerf Neverheal. It's so frustrating... I can't die. I am trying with all my powers, but it's just impossible. The balance is broken! Neverheal is broken D:

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    I don't like this whole blanket nerf/buff way of doing things. Souls are so imbalanced as hell, no amount of buff/nerf (accross the board) will make things right.

They need to address specific problems not the general state of things.
    Damage is not too strong; This soul and This soul and That soul's damage is too strong.
    If you nerf all damage to deal with these few souls, you basically kill 20 other souls that were balanced but are now super UP (because damage nerf and heal buff).

I mean to give a real example of what "nerf damage/buff heal" does...
    How many nerfed cleric to you think it'll take to kill a buffed FK (geared/knows what he's doing)?

SOME healers could use a buff, and SOME dps souls could use a nerf. Not all of them.
    And for the love of all that is holy, no more big class overhaul... It almost always create either insanely OP specs, or useless trash specs.
    I agree with you, but honestly do you think is there a chance devs will put pvp penalty one by one on abilities? I think this is zero chance. Blanket nerf at least can be a band aid. Most players playing FOTM anyway.

How about if Keyens nerf para, harb, pyro/ele, tempest, so we can play and have fun with weaker heals? So I can play full chloro again?

Prophet of Telara

Wink

So I can play full chloro again?
    I play 61 chloro anyway ;)

It is better than it used to be. Good enough for me.
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

I dunno, i dont realy see any problem with damage apart from Bladedancer which IMO is ridiciously strong. Id rather see break free and stun immunity ignoring CC being fixed. (and give clerics some love)

Heal on the other side.. No need to talk about WC and FK, also Cleric appears rather decent to me but Phys and Preserver should get a good boost imo.

Invincible FKs dont exist, given the fact that there are specs which are able to take out FKs solo and FKs being in need to expose themselves to the enemies, cause (i dont understand why and dont see a reason) Mages have to attack enemies 24/7 in order to heal efficiently.

*cough* make LGZ only affect ER/LER, make Rime instant, it will lose its 36% bonus and give it the infrigidate passive pls

Ascendant

Blanket nerf at least can be a band aid. Most players playing FOTM anyway.
    Well, I think killing variety is terrible, but even if they were going that way, some callings don't really have much in terms of FOTM at the moment, mostly cleric obviously.

They don't particularly shine as heals(compared to the top ones anyawy), they're terrible at dps... and bull****tank was a bit nerfed with FH.
    Their "go to" spec seems to be inquisitor, but it's not any good, especially in current meta. Some guy charge your face, if you stand still he hits you for 50k, 100k (some specs sometime go up to 200k ) so you can only run for your life, but your damage when running away is so ridiculously bad it's like you're not even hitting him.

And your cheap-but-interruptable one-shot type ability is on a 2 minutes cooldown, as opposed to other specs that are usually on 30 seconds or at most a minute. (And it doesn't even hit as hard as these other shorter cooldown ones, like ethereal beam that crit for over 120k a tic - so potentially 350k/400k total and you can use FOUR of them in the time you use your big cleric one).

Shaman isn't nearly as survivable as the other melee specs in game...
    Clerics are leaving all over the place (or ragequitting to alts/new characters), I still play mine because I'm stubborn and wants to play all 5 classes, but they're very sad at the moment.
    Nerf them/buff heals, and might as well delete the calling.

I digress a bit, but point is, if the game is going the "Just play your calling's FOTM and we'll balance around that" then just give them all 1 FOTM and balanced just these 5 specs. But pretty much any warrior, mage or rogue spec at the moment is better than anything you'd call a "Cleric fotm".
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 05-05-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I play 61 chloro anyway ;)

It is better than it used to be. Good enough for me.
    Just one question How long do you live when a real burst spe (like monkeyd, apozes, ralth, kuan) focus on? (no other healer on your team)

Bladedancer which IMO is ridiciously strong
    Actually bd the only where I can be forgiving. This is still melee. If they can reach me trough my team, and I got no help, no peel, no assist and they are able to kill me my team deserve to lose and that rogue deserve the kills. I will not complain against BD until range-cheese/ranged specs can global from 20-30 m.

Just one question How long do you live when a real burst spe (like monkeyd, apozes, ralth, kuan) focus on? (no other healer on your team)

Actually bd the only where I can be forgiving. This is still melee. If they can reach me trough my team, and I got no help, no peel, no assist and they are able to kill me my team deserve to lose and that rogue deserve the kills. I will not complain against BD until range-cheese/ranged specs can global from 20-30 m.
    I love how we have the same wavelength.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    I love how we have the same wavelength.

You have to roll on EU and you can be my BIS rogue/warrior

I totaly agree with what you wrote there. On the other hand i think this is a pretty much unrealistic BD scenario.

Maybe i should have been more specific. I was thinking off zerg maps where pushes happen. Not 35m vs 35m standstill warfronts with one BD derping right into the enemy team like you made it sound, And during these pushes BD totaly makes a difference like no other spec, except for ele/pyro (dmg wise) while being way more efficient. (Why would a BD actualy go straight for a heal anyway, who is able to heal him/herself easier than other teammates in front of her/him? BD would just expose him/herself and lose time/might die. A good BD just kills everything in front of you first, or supplies the damage so his/her team can do so and you should be aware of this, since you mentioned Apozes)

See, i dont wanna be like NURF NURF (especialy if the healers i mentioned would get their boost), i just dont understand the reasoning to complain about comparably easy to heal against specs (harb, para etc) cause they're able to have range while BDs incredibly high damage is justified because it's melee, which doesn't matter at all in maps it is used in.

But well, as i already said, my main concern are break free and stun immunity ignoring ccs anyway So id rather see a fix there happening before the next "(un)balancing".
    Last edited by disso1; 05-06-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast