+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: PvP Balance and Changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    5 sec I wish.
    Just reduce damage and buff healers and call it a day.
    It needs to be one or the other, not both. Heals are indirectly buffed when the op specs get nerfed, buffing healers aswell will just bring back the 5 healers in a 10v10 again because they know nothing can kill them.
    Harrisonford

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    Yea, pls buff healing and nerf Faynee and Neverheal Also if its possible make them braindead,just for sure (sarcasm). To be honest, you cant blame people for causing unbalance in matchmaking just because they're playing good and hanging out with friends
    First this is nothing personal. I respect her, because I know she played outstanding way back when mages had only chloromancer. But.... For EU PVP every group a little bit of overkill. Strange but I`m never on the group side. Doesn't matter which group, if they not put against each other, they will farm and zerg. Your group, she and her partners, Russians, Concordia.... They are all killing EU PVP a little bit every day. Unfortunately population too low on EU for viable grouping. If teams stay below 10 against 10 for the whole duration, even a BIS duo can win it. I saw her yesterday she facetanked all my team, while her partner killed everyone on my team. She died only once at the end when around 7-8 of my team focused her. And I saw you a lot of times if anyone dare to attack you, your group will strike down. Just not fair against individuals.

"Just reduce damage and buff healers and call it a day."

Another option is to buff support. Example .. Dominator used to be a really effective counter against healers but that's no longer the case.
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Riftologist View Post

Another option is to buff support. Example .. Dominator used to be a really effective counter against healers but that's no longer the case.
    The problem is how fast people die and has nothing to do with a counter for healers. The counter, atm, is dps xD. But I agree with you.. the gutting of real counters SUCKS!

Rift is going for Esport type PvP where people die in 5 seconds. I kind of like playing the game but playing a spec that melts people so fast I dont find fun. I want specs that counter other specs, I dont want the counter for burst to be... burst. Rift is just a brain dead MMO now, where you counter one thing with the same thing (and that aint a counter Keyens).

What happen to a real rotation, a setup with dots, combat mini buffs... I dont even know why i made this post... the Devs wont be giving us a reply, they will just sit there and hope I go away (and i am).

But Rifle... it has been two days and it is the weekend.

True it has... but look at this.. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...87-keyens.html -- Over one month with zero response from the Devs. (That was a great setup, right? I knew you wouldnt give a response so I had it all planned out for this post -- jk i didnt <3)

So here you go Rift Devs... I'll stop posting about PvP, I'll stop asking Qs about PvP and I will even stop helping new players in PvP.

If you don't care, why should I -- Rifle.

P.S. Someone hold me.. I so sad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    like ethereal beam that crit for over 120k a tic
    Huh. There are some prima lists that toss around EBs at 150k - 200k per tick. They tend to share them liberally with the healers (i.e. me). Not really a one-shot, but it sure feels that way at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I play 61 chloro anyway ;)

It is better than it used to be. Good enough for me.
    Ugh, I hate how they took one of the Chloro's best ST spells (HT) and made the Legendary a 2-second-cast AoE spell. Just ****. Not a single ST-focused legendary (though I did make a few legendary suggestions in the Mage forums which will likely be ignored).

I'm still using my old 54/22 Chloro/FK spec. I has pretty good sustained healing but is quite lacking in regards to burst healing. I manage to make it work, but it is still quite blatantly sub-par compared to FK.

Ascendant

In terms of general balance, I think the FK can be mildly nerfed (if necessary) by reducing the LGZ bonus to ER/Rime to 25%. The only problem I really see with the FK is overly large LER heals - which lead to overly large Harmony and Earthen Rapport heals.

As far as the Chloro goes, a moderate boost to Synth healing (whether it be in the form of sensible legendaries or just better scaling) would go a long way. Even improved, the Chloro would be rather distinct from the FK as a sustained healer with relatively little burst healing.

Of course, any boost or nerf to healing souls should wait until the DPS outliers have been trimmed a bit.

Make PVP Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    should be able to have some time to react.
    You really think the average time to kill between harb, sin, tempest, prima etc. is that different? Seems to me that you have a better chance at reacting to tempest or prima burst as there isn't really much cc involved. With Sin or Harb it's much more difficult to react due to stun locks etc....And you being a Sin can simply just use Slip Away. Not quite sure what the issue is here for you.
    Last edited by Deathbecomesyou; 05-09-2017 at 06:08 PM.
    DETHBECOMESYOU | OCCULTUSS | ZEDDIICUSSS | SORROWEVOKER
    IMMORTAL

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbecomesyou View Post
    You really think the average time to kill between harb, sin, tempest, prima etc. is that different? Seems to me that you have a better chance at reacting to tempest or prima burst as there isn't really much cc involved. With Sin or Harb it's much more difficult to react due to stun locks etc....And you being a Sin can simply just use Slip Away. Not quite sure what the issue is here for you.
    Could also go into Sab/SB and just chainstun a player for 16s if they dont have a break free available
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

"You only outhealed me because you had more people to heal" ~ Funkadelicc@deepwood
    09:20 Gelb@Deepwood: 54233HPS | Nixia 15381 | Funka 8407 |

Quote Originally Posted by Riftologist View Post

Could not agree more. They were branded "fun police", and with that negative connotation a campaign to bring them down ran its course. Honestly I'm not sure whose fun was being threatened but not looking to reopen an old debate.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    First this is nothing personal. I respect her, because I know she played outstanding way back when mages had only chloromancer. But.... For EU PVP every group a little bit of overkill. Strange but I`m never on the group side. Doesn't matter which group, if they not put against each other, they will farm and zerg. Your group, she and her partners, Russians, Concordia.... They are all killing EU PVP a little bit every day. Unfortunately population too low on EU for viable grouping. If teams stay below 10 against 10 for the whole duration, even a BIS duo can win it. I saw her yesterday she facetanked all my team, while her partner killed everyone on my team. She died only once at the end when around 7-8 of my team focused her. And I saw you a lot of times if anyone dare to attack you, your group will strike down. Just not fair against individuals.
    Hahahaha, triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    wisdom
    I`m so proud of you!
    Kartia, rogue
    Forum White Knight
    PVP pocket healer

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure whose fun was being threatened but not looking to reopen an old debate.
    When I played I was literally CC'd for about 80% of a match at times.
    I'd hit break free and be CC'd again before 'immunity' wore off.

It's not that people could play dominator and make a difference in matches, it's that people could abuse dominator and make matches no fun at all. If there was a working CC reduction/immunity system in rift there would never of been a need for dominator nerf. Dominator nerf is just another example of cart before the horse which trion is infamous for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    When I played I was literally CC'd for about 80% of a match at times.
    I'd hit break free and be CC'd again before 'immunity' wore off.

It's not that people could play dominator and make a difference in matches, it's that people could abuse dominator and make matches no fun at all. If there was a working CC reduction/immunity system in rift there would never of been a need for dominator nerf. Dominator nerf is just another example of cart before the horse which trion is infamous for.
    you could say the same for just about anything. if people are premading and focus firing and having pocket heals while your team doesnt then thats not very fun for me can we get rid of that?

tanky doms was a real issue but other then that, yeah ccing you was their whole purpose. doms existed since start and they were alot more powerful before. hell they would have releived some of the headaches that fk brought before they completely gutted dom. yeah fixing fk would have been better of course, but at least there would have been a good hard counter other then beating on them.

now you can only counter force with force.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    you could say the same for just about anything.
    true enough, but the whole reason why dom got so much hate is because the only thing worse than being in a GY and being able to do nothing is being anywhere on the map and being able to do nothing.

EDIT:
    Which all goes back to the broken CC/immunity system.

If the system worked, then there wouldn't be a point to constantly spamming CC. This would mean that people couldn't mindlessly spam it as dom and there would be a balance.

But the system doesn't work, so people did mindlessly spam it. And the mindless spamming of CC is what threw dom under the nerf bus.
    Last edited by Zehne; 05-11-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    true enough, but the whole reason why dom got so much hate is because the only thing worse than being in a GY and being able to do nothing is being anywhere on the map and being able to do nothing.

EDIT:
    Which all goes back to the broken CC/immunity system.

If the system worked, then there wouldn't be a point to constantly spamming CC. This would mean that people couldn't mindlessly spam it as dom and there would be a balance.

But the system doesn't work, so people did mindlessly spam it. And the mindless spamming of CC is what threw dom under the nerf bus.
    Cleric was hard counter in every spec but inq by dominator because of the poor way the developers made that class. In my opinion one of the biggest reasons it got nerfed. Cleric is still the most hard counter with 0 counterbalance class in the game.. IE the "most balanced" class in the game according to devs. They literally built souls which are indirectly countering that class.. and adding self counters to that class with all the sacrifice to mana. That is just crazy.. Albeit a good sentinel is great if the other team doesn't purge.. but FK and Warchanter are just too OP in comparison.

This is understandable.. People say its payed soul so that why? Right? So where is oracle and Runeshaper fit in. You can see the blatant hypocrisy with this.. oracle is garbage in PvP, and PvE. It sucks to know that your fight isn't even with the other players but with developers who spend time breaking a soul just revamp it over and over again.

Consider how many times they revamped shaman since the beginning of NT. It is actually the most revisited soul in the last 2 years even if you include EVERY DAMN CLASS. You would think that the tons of time developing shaman it would be fantasitic in PvP but its the most countered melee FoTM .. nothing beats harb, para, sin in design. Class has no love... yet is the most expensive class to gear.. unless you are pretty lucky... and you are always fighting from the ground up..

The dumb thing is if they actually made cleric tanks garbage so other classes were used for progression it would fix all the problems with them being overly played.

Rift needs to be relaunched under really good player knowledge.. Some like they did to TQ AE. With really quality unbias developers who basically can't sleep until probably b alance counterbalance is reached.. At the moment its like they are attacking/ruining one class.

Look at this thread.. I find it funny how all the mages are somehow upset about their state in PvP. Personally speaking they are the top healing, best melee, best dot, and still have competitive range burst with pyro/ele and a whole lot of other troll specs they haven't even considered. It is still the only class that can 0 out healing on a player too which is better than twisted souls..A complete design fail with how OP FK is. Let's give the OP class a counter to itself in another soul. For cleric they take a different approach.. let' make that soul counter itself by attacking its own life to regain mana.. The double standard is amazing..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-12-2017 at 12:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast