+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE in PVP

Default AOE in PVP

Have any of you recently played an AOE spec and in pvp lately? Most of you probably not, do you ever find your team pushed back into your base and can't really get to the objectives? Does the other team have more healers if not way better healers? Now most people run in and die before getting a kill, then again most people are ST dps. A quick way to really push in a big group fight is to have a portion of your teams player to be in a AOE spec. Multiple people in AOE specs will cause the other teams healers to really work, blowing cds going oom, considering how under powered AOE heals are these days the healers would really have to prioritize who they want to keep alive and who's getting sent to the grave yard. Specs like champion and cabs do great loads of damage in large groups of people. These specs are not optimal in some wfs but can turn the tide of the fight pretty easily. If your ever in a tight spot in big fights turn to an AOE spec. You'd be surprised of the out come.
    What is Burst? <Coriolis>

Ascendant

While this may work at times, usually when it seems the problem is "Their heals are too strong!" the actual REAL problem - unless they have like 5 FK - is that your dps aren't focusing **** down, everyone hitting random targets, which is extremely easy not just to heal, but also to survive as DPS : Run back when you're low health, they'll let you live, they'll just start dps'ing another random target.

You might deal a lot of aoe damage but then the players getting low on health will just move back a few feets and no one tries to finish them; If they were trying to finish low health players then you wouldn't have that "enemy healers too strong!" problem.

Unless the enemy team is stacking aburd heals, **** not dying is almost always a focus fire problem. Even team with very poor DPS should kill stuff if they focused, no one can outheal 10-12 dpsers, even if every single one of them is a potato.

If you're a good DPS'er and you actually DO focus fire, going aoe means you're taking away a portion of your (focused) damage to spread it more across a group of people. This can lead to very varied results.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Run back when you're low health, they'll let you live, they'll just start dps'ing another random target.
    Wish this would work for me. People stick on me like mobs on the tank. They chase me through my whole team as if it wasn't there. They would die just to finish me off - I get kamikaze chased in almost every wf!
    Dethmetal@Gelidra
    Dethmagic@Gelidra
    Melee Nerd
    //Playing Blade & Soul atm//
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yHWyzlA8E

There is places where aoe is useful, in karthan ridge at tunnels leading to your base, where everyone is stacked, aoe helps your team more than focusing fire.
    If the average healer got 12k hps, and you do lets say 17-20k dps, you do more good for your team than going st dps with lets say 10k dps, even if you focus fire, with stacked healers you need 5 others focusing the same target.

Eventually with aoe dps you will outdps their heals once healers blow their cds

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    Wish this would work for me. People stick on me like mobs on the tank. They chase me through my whole team as if it wasn't there. They would die just to finish me off - I get kamikaze chased in almost every wf!
    Haha, I know the feeling. Sometimes you're doing the exact same thing. I remember very well being chased through in a whole match of Blighted by you :P And thats totally fine when you pvp a lot so :P

Well, what goes around comes around it seems, so i shouldn't complain about it^^
    but actually atm I try to skip this old Assassin habit of "My target NEEDS to die, I can't leave that job half finished!" that's what was going on my head most times^^

And for OP: Bladedancer is not really an aoe spec anymore but for a 4 target cleave hundred blades and dancing steel can hit ridiculously hard per tick and target. Dancing steel can tick for over 20k and hundred blades just 25% less. This can produce such threat that u can push at least the remains of an enemy team back because it can be really scary. And you can get killing spree and rampage within a second of each other^^
    Last edited by ShadowKill; 05-05-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    Dethmetal@Gelidra
    Dethmagic@Gelidra
    Melee Nerd
    //Playing Blade & Soul atm//
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yHWyzlA8E

^
    Just clicked on your sig video... Rolf!

+ Reply to Thread