+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree12Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Revisiting Rift And First Time Warfront PvPer

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default Revisiting Rift And First Time Warfront PvPer

    Hi! I dont have Starfall Prophecy expansion and I am at stuck Level 65. I am not planning to buy Star Prophecy just to get to level 70. I wish to tryout Warfront and see if its fun then I decide if I want to buy stuff. I won a 2 matches out of 20. I am thinking of maxing out planar attunemen and grinding all level 65 PvP gear. Will it take me forever do this? Or, is it pointless since player who buy stuff in cash shop would have a huge advantage over me?


    Also, do we have potion and consumable for pvp? What recommended for Rogues and Clerics?

  2. #2
    Champion sirdiggby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    567

    Default

    your stats are bolstered so if you have the lowest of the low green gear or the best pvp gear it doesnt make a difference.

    you are facing against people with lv 70, with lv 70 legendaries. you are not on the same playing field and wont be unless you buy the expansion.

    there is no separation of 65s with no legendaries and 70s. so unless you are facing other 65s you are gonna have a bad time.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephiaSky2017 View Post
    I won a 2 matches out of 20...
    as a 65 pvp'er you're playing against the odds in wfs.
    but that being said, no player, no matter how poorly geared he is, what level he is, or how unskilled he is, can bring down his entire team so badly that they lose 18 out of 20 games.

    You just had an unlucky bad streak, happens.
    Keep going at it, the wins will come.
    For better or for worse, there's just so much impact a player can have on a full team, especially negatively. The matchmaker more or less ensure you win around 50% of your games, unless you're extremely good/play in strong premades and go over that.

    Even when winning it might be frustrating if you're personally not able to do much because of your level tho. I strongly recommend getting the SFP.
    If you're coming back, then you have a good idea what pvp was before... Not much changed. Some specs are too strong and others too weak, always been like this and probably always will be, only which specs are strong/weak changes.
    If you liked it before you should still like it, at 70 anyway.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 04-29-2017 at 10:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Hectyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    If you're coming back, then you have a good idea what pvp was before... Not much changed.
    Except they got rid of Conquest.

    And pvp rifts.


    They also significantly reduced the variety of available warfronts- however, they've suggested that those will be returned in the very near future.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Dizbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephiaSky2017 View Post
    <snip>Also, do we have potion and consumable for pvp? What recommended for Rogues and Clerics?
    ---
    Hi Stuck,
    #1 PVP potion [Rift store/Boosts]:

    Revisiting Rift And First Time Warfront PvPer-mercernarys-recon-vial.jpg

    The vials cost 6,000 favor each and are pretty much mandatory- you will be able to see your opponents on your mini-map as red dots/mouse hover over a dot shows player name.
    ---------------------
    Other Consumables:

    Revisiting Rift And First Time Warfront PvPer-brightsurge-vial.jpg

    Clerics/Mages use Brightsurge vials and Rogues/Warriors use Powersurge vials.
    As your character gains higher levels, there are stronger vials.
    Buy on your Auction house or craft.
    ------------
    FYI here is an Older post that needs updating.

    At a minimum: try to wear: insoles (boots), riding chaps (legs) and padding (shoulders) to run, ride and mount faster.

    Wishing you the best,
    Diz
    Last edited by Dizbo; 04-30-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    ---
    Hi Stuck,
    #1 PVP potion [Rift store/Boosts]:

    Attachment 31378

    The vials cost 6,000 favor each and are pretty much mandatory- you will be able to see your opponents on your mini-map as red dots/mouse hover over a dot shows player name.
    ---------------------

    Thanks! Nice pots. I'll make sure to check on that when I login. I could use it whenever I play Marksman in Blighted Antechamber Warfront.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Bannj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Good luck Sephia!

    @Devs
    As for recon vials...its been suggested before - its probably time to bring those in as an ascended ability. It could be earned, through prestige, notoriety, level, quest, etc. There are any number of ways to make it part of the story, but every PvPr should have it available and 6k is a bit steep for a starter PvPr trying to save 800k for a weapon. The PvP draw is that you want it to be challenging but also fun for anyone new to it. Limiting unnecessary disadvantages would serve that end.
    Last edited by Bannj; 04-30-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    As for recon vials...its been suggested before - its probably time to bring those in as an ascended ability. It could be earned, through prestige, notoriety, level, quest, etc. There are any number of ways to make it part of the story, but every PvPr should have it available
    Agreed.
    Recon vials costing favors seems intuitive, like "Hey, that's something to do for bis players!" but that's not consumming enough favors so it doesn't really do anything for these players spending favors. just make them stack a bit less marks, doesn't change anything.

    And for new players? Well for new players it's really bad. Either they don't use them, or they use them and push back their gearing up.

    As most people's #1 care in MMO's is to gear up, they pass.

    Oh and another thing, I'm pretty sure a decent % of the population doesn't know they even exist, because they're no information about it anywhere and people don't randomly decide to search for things whose existence they aren't even aware of.

    Unless they've read on the forums or happened to see people talk about it, or saw it on buffs, they probably don't know it's a thing.


    One solution that could fix a lot of these issues : Give one in the pvp weekly (both or just one, whatever).
    It's not a big deal, just one vial, it's not gamebreaking ( if you think it's too much just cut down 5k favor off it or something );

    -It will allow casual players to at least use one every week without interfering with their gearing up.
    -It will tell everyone it exists, so some people who weren't even aware they were a thing might now want them.
    -It will show people how useful it is so they might want to buy more after their weekly one is done

    At the moment some people don't know vials are a thing, some peopl edon't know how useful they really are, and some people know they'd be useful but they want gear more than vials.

    Giving one in the weekly (or two, both weeklies) would be a tremendous help for all these players. And for all the players on their team who will benefit from having more teammates with recon.

  9. #9
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    968

    Default

    What would help to new players or who doesn't want to buy expansion thus they have to stay 65: giving a huge END buff to all players below lvl70.
    I was so unlucky and yesterday got a full team below lvl70 players around 200-208 K HP. Lvl 70 geared para, assa, harb, tempest will global these players.
    It`s just pure frustration.
    I had good gear at lvl 65 and full PA, and got like 240K HP below lvl70, but now with fragments I have around 300K (depending raid buffs ofc) This is huge difference.

    For the OP: I suggest to you to buy warmonger trinket. That is lvl 65, available to you and the procc still working in PVP.

    Trion should listen, every day more and more players quit due frustration about PVP. Why they forcing one shooting pvp beyond my imagination?!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

    Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    Good luck Sephia!

    @Devs
    As for recon vials...its been suggested before - its probably time to bring those in as an ascended ability. It could be earned, through prestige, notoriety, level, quest, etc. There are any number of ways to make it part of the story, but every PvPr should have it available and 6k is a bit steep for a starter PvPr trying to save 800k for a weapon. The PvP draw is that you want it to be challenging but also fun for anyone new to it. Limiting unnecessary disadvantages would serve that end.
    thanks! so, I shouldn't be using favors to buy consumable then. Is there any other way to purchase warmonger bow? I see it for sale in the crown store for 6 warmonger mark and each mark cost 100k favor???

  11. #11
    Plane Touched thunder 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default Recon Vials - Use them

    Quote Originally Posted by SephiaSky2017 View Post
    thanks! so, I shouldn't be using favors to buy consumable then. Is there any other way to purchase warmonger bow? I see it for sale in the crown store for 6 warmonger mark and each mark cost 100k favor???
    I totally disagree. You should ALWAYS use a recon vial and plan for the favor to be spent as as an "expense" of PVP. Using the vial will literally PAY FOR ITSELF with much much more favor than not using it. You get much more favor when you win a match than when you lose a match and this vial literally helps you win matches.

    I was talking with a guildy of mine, Kronos, who can arguably be put among the top ranks of PVPers in the game. Many of the following points that follow are his opinions that I wholeheartedly agree with.

    While I agree that weeklies should have a recon vial as a reward to help newer players with the favor and to introduce many casuals to its use, if you are not using a recon vial you are literally fighting blindfolded. Recon vials help you make informed choices and can literally save a match. Dozens of times I have been lucky enough to respawn at the right time to see an enemy trying to sneak up to cap a point (lets say in Karthan Ridge) because I was using a recon vial. As a result I was able to delay or kill the carrier and steal the stone or defend the flag or stop a thief in Whitefall.

    Recon vials also help you make informed choices of choosing your battles. At the base of the enemy in Blighted Antichamber may be a sea of red enemies which you will go into and die needlessly if you proceed, it may also be unguarded and you can literally walk up and steal their flag. Without a recon vial you have no idea what is happening, until it is too late.

    Also gearing up at level 70 has never been easier in PVP. You can literally get an awesome weapon within 5 minutes of reaching level 70 by doing a simple quest. It is so awesome that it is downbolstered in PVP. While some gear pieces (trinkets, BIS essences, nice quality fragments) are harder to get, reapers gear from boxes drop quite a lot to help with the gearing process.

    The difference between using a recon vial and not using one while fighting in warfronts is like night and day. Use it!

    Regards and welcome to PVP,

    Thunder

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    What would help to new players or who doesn't want to buy expansion thus they have to stay 65: giving a huge END buff to all players below lvl70.
    All players at 65, yes, agreed.
    But all players below 70, i.e. 66-69 too? They already deal enormous amount of damage, at the expense of their 4th or 5th legendary point which isn't always great.
    I almost got one-shot by a 'low level' (i.e. not 70), couple days ago. Ok this is an overall spec balance issue and not just a lower level issue, but they still get to deal a lot of damage. Getting lower health is a fair tradeoff for dealing such damage. And (unlike the 65 people) they can easily remedy to the situation if they don't like it, just get to 70 and play with same rules as everyone else. Don't thin it's a good idea to buff their health so they can enjoy the health AND damage and have no incentive whatsoever to ever make it to 70. It's fine that they hit like a truck if their lower health pool also makes it seem like we hit like a truck against them. But if they get to 250k, then they still hit like a truck and we hit normal hits.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    All players at 65, yes, agreed.
    But all players below 70, i.e. 66-69 too? They already deal enormous amount of damage, at the expense of their 4th or 5th legendary point which isn't always great.
    I almost got one-shot by a 'low level' (i.e. not 70), couple days ago. Ok this is an overall spec balance issue and not just a lower level issue, but they still get to deal a lot of damage. Getting lower health is a fair tradeoff for dealing such damage. And (unlike the 65 people) they can easily remedy to the situation if they don't like it, just get to 70 and play with same rules as everyone else. Don't thin it's a good idea to buff their health so they can enjoy the health AND damage and have no incentive whatsoever to ever make it to 70. It's fine that they hit like a truck if their lower health pool also makes it seem like we hit like a truck against them. But if they get to 250k, then they still hit like a truck and we hit normal hits.
    I understand what you say, but I don`t agree. I strictly speak from a full time healer POV.
    Players under lvl70 have around 200-220 K HP, but I have seen ~190K HP also. When abilities hit above 100K this is bad. A team with more low lvl most likely will wiped. They have lower resistant, and lower armor also. Especially this is bad for healers. I have now above 300K HP, still struggle if para, bd, assa and a few other burst spe focusing me. Below 70 survive them was a very-very hard job.
    Under 70 players hit high due blanket stats gives them around 4,5-5K CP. What is hard to reach at lvl70 due ****ty war fragments. There should be a way to find a good middle ground between glass cannon and cannon fodder. Increase endurance, so they can`t be global-ed.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

    Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephiaSky2017 View Post
    Hi! I dont have Starfall Prophecy expansion and I am at stuck Level 65. I am not planning to buy Star Prophecy just to get to level 70. I wish to tryout Warfront and see if its fun then I decide if I want to buy stuff. I won a 2 matches out of 20. I am thinking of maxing out planar attunemen and grinding all level 65 PvP gear. Will it take me forever do this? Or, is it pointless since player who buy stuff in cash shop would have a huge advantage over me?


    Also, do we have potion and consumable for pvp? What recommended for Rogues and Clerics?
    It won't matter what gear you are wearing, all sub 70 players are bolstered in wfs.

    As for consumables, the recon vial is a must and totally worth the investment .Rog specific consumables, I'd say get the " sticky coating" snare proc thing for ranged items, they only work on up to lvl 65 bow/guns.The is a 1000 attack power weapon enchantments called " Atramentium whetstone " for rog, and 2000 spell power faecap something for clr(min item lvl 64, these are not cheap tho ) . If u play stealth spec, get those enchantments that increase your stealth lvl ( ghostly tread), for both rogs/clr you should get the enchantments that increase your stealth detecting lvl ( dont remember the name off hand).
    The newest speed enchantment for lvl 70 gear is actually slower than what you can use at lower lvl, so you actually have some advantage there.

    Since you are talking about consumables, you probably should start planing on how to maintain a steady pp income early on also, as your options of making pp would be limited to much fewer resources.

    That been said, although your dps and heals most likely won't be significant enough to make a huge difference in a wf, don't be discouraged as your lvl 65 rog could still be very helpful,even tide turning in those dominion maps if played smart in stealth specs. If you are trying to win wfs I'd say try out those supporting specs that have cc, if you just want to poke some fun then play whatever specs you enjoy.
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Just came back to Rift the other day. I noticed no one is playing any of the lower level warfronts sat in queue for about an hour. Does no one play any of the lowbie ones anymore?
    I also decided to try some pvp with my 65 but its rough, looks to me like your kinda forced to purchase an expansion in order to be able to compete. Normally I wouldn't mind but 40 bucks does seem a bit hefty to pay for an older game. I like Rift and all really enjoyed the pvp its just too bad that its that expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts