+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Revisiting Rift And First Time Warfront PvPer

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxique View Post
    Just came back to Rift the other day. I noticed no one is playing any of the lower level warfronts sat in queue for about an hour. Does no one play any of the lowbie ones anymore?
    I also decided to try some pvp with my 65 but its rough, looks to me like your kinda forced to purchase an expansion in order to be able to compete. Normally I wouldn't mind but 40 bucks does seem a bit hefty to pay for an older game. I like Rift and all really enjoyed the pvp its just too bad that its that expensive.
    low lv pvp is dead. you'll only get wfs at 65 and thats because you get lumped with 70s.

i mean personally if all you are gonna do is pvp then i dont think its worth the ticket.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post

Since you are talking about consumables, you probably should start planing on how to maintain a steady pp income early on also, as your options of making pp would be limited to much fewer resources.
    What does pp means? If you are talking about potions, could you please give me idea what consumable and potion to use in wf? I am a rogue and I dont think enemy revealing consumable is useful for me.

Soulwalker

Default WF Objective Marker

I wish they put objective marker on the map. This will make it easier for new players to participate with team goals First time I am in Warfront, I dont really understand why people keep running around, I thought they should stay in the middle of the map to help with the pk. I know forums is best place to ask about WF but forum and the game are to seperate things. And, the game should stand on its own not completely rely on forums to teach players about the game. Its not a good game development practice for the devs.
    Last edited by SephiaSky2017; 05-06-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SephiaSky2017 View Post
    I am a rogue and I don't think enemy revealing consumable is useful for me.
    I would strongly advise you to reconsider this attitude you have. If you think that because you are a rogue and have permanent stealth in your Sin spec you don't need recon vials.

Recon vials cover a very large area of the map around you, on some small maps you can see what is happening throughout the map and can see where reinforcements are needed and when to beat a tactical retreat so you don't go into a sea of red enemies. If you think that you can waltz right through the enemy camp in stealth mode you should know that there is stealth detection "Prophetic chaps" that crafter's make and a lot of PVPers actually use.

If you are guarding a flag in a Domination map for example and a few of the enemy come to take it back, you may think, "that's ok I'll just stay stealthed and wait until most or all of them leave. If 1 enemy stays to guard the flag Ill attack from stealth with my burst and kill him quickly and retake the flag".

You will be dead in the graveyard because you waited too long to get out because you didn't see the enemies in time. You were not using a recon vial and one or all the enemies were using stealth detection chaps. In fact, there may be another stealthed player like myself waiting for you to come steal the flag that has a recon vial and stealth detection. Use recon vials and all useful consumables in warfronts is the best advice I can give anyone.

Good luck,

Thunder

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I find Recon vials incredibly useful and always pop one when I plan to PvP for an afternoon. It is SO much easier to run away (bravely running away, away) when one can see the ebil red dots. =P

Also, for the new-to-PvP, we did indeed open all the warfronts again (save Port Scion, which has been phased out - we simply don't have the manpower to adjust the many issues it had).

Conquest mode is gone because it proved far more contentious than enjoyable.

Here is a list of the zones, together with links to older but still valuable guides and info!
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...arfronts-open/

I find PvP hella fun, even though I never top the list for performance (I am rarely in the bottom, either). I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    ;-)#
    Brasse

In my view you should not even try WFs without recon potions up. You need to see what's going on. And respond.

As for WFs at 65 my experience is it goes okay under 70 once you have two or three legendaries active. But the Xp and various rewards are poor. Your best bet imo is level to 70 and dive in.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Soulwalker

Default More questions

1.) Is there a better way to level up to 70 fast without doing Starfall Prophecy quest storyline?

2.) Warmonger Weapon found in Rift Store like Reinforced Warmonger's Bow and Warmonger's Bow, are they still usefull in WF? Is there any other better option aside from these two? I see that they are all level 65.

3.) Winning warfront don't give you Warmonger box anymore?

4.) Is there any better way to target your enemy in WF? most people run and jump like crazy in WF, its so difficult target lock on your enemy. Most of the time I end up clicking my allies instead.
    Last edited by SephiaSky2017; 05-12-2017 at 08:42 PM.

1.) Is there a better way to level up to 70 fast without doing Starfall Prophecy quest storyline?

2.) Warmonger Weapon found in Rift Store like Reinforced Warmonger's Bow and Warmonger's Bow, are they still usefull in WF? Is there any other better option aside from these two? I see that they are all level 65.

3.) Winning warfront don't give you Warmonger box anymore?

4.) Is there any better way to target your enemy in WF? most people run and jump like crazy in WF, its so difficult target lock on your enemy. Most of the time I end up clicking my allies instead.
    1) fastest way is questing, dungeons with charges and planar IA. Slowest way trough pvp, but at least you can collect favor to buy lvl70 gear and be well geared.
    2) only low level equipment from shop still worth: Warmonger Trinkets. You can even keep it at lvl70 because of CP and 40K heal. (or the other for damage and heal proc) These procs are still working on full amount. Don`t worry about other gear until you ding 70, just use something in every single slot for bolstering.
    3) you got box up to lvl 66, then again at lvl70.
    4) try settings/interface/combat and tick sticky targeting.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    1) fastest way is questing, dungeons with charges and planar IA. Slowest way trough pvp, but at least you can collect favor to buy lvl70 gear and be well geared.
    I wish they allow us to use all five legendary abilities in warfront as a form of bolstering ability. I mean we already buy the dlc, why not give us what we want?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    3) you got box up to lvl 66, then again at lvl70.
    I havent gotten any warmonger chest after 3 previous patches.
    Last edited by SephiaSky2017; 05-14-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Ascendant

I wish they allow us to use all five legendary abilities in warfront as a form of bolstering ability. I mean we already buy the dlc, why not give us what we want?!

I havent gotten any warmonger chest after 3 previous patches.
    You get it for winning matches always. You can only get the box for your level range. So basically pointless to pvp until higher level.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2