+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By Samuraii

Thread: Bad odds of getting fragments in PVP boxes? Bad idea either way...

Ascendant

Default Bad odds of getting fragments in PVP boxes? Bad idea either way...

I'm having a small losing streak at the moment so it's a small sample, but so far my 4 boxes had cores... No frags.

I mean even if it's something like 50% and I just wasn't lucky it's still a terrible idea imho, we already don't find many worthy fragments in PVP... But I'm fearing it might be less?

Anyway what do you think about it? Have you found more fragments, are they still bad only we get less of them so twice longer to find a good one?

Trion : If you made this update because PVE'ers complained that everytime they killed 4 mobs in SFP their fragment inventory are full, then do that core thing just for PVE... Or give everyone in game a toggle option (so you choose to receive core or fragment as rewards).

Because PVP'ers are not getting nearly enough fragments. There's even discussions about ways you could implement for us to get more http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...hing-work.html

But we certainly can't afford to find less.
    Before that update I could sometime play a hundred games in a week and not find 1 blue frag worth upgrading, and rarely even green ones...
    Now we're gonna find even less, that's really bad.

Agreed, so far i i recycled 98% of my pvp fragments, have huge amount of cores in my bank.
    I certanly dont need more, what i need more of, is fragments.

I remember at the start of expansion cores had resell value, i believe it was 40g for each, if they didnt change that i would have been rich by now.
    Now cores for pvpers serves no purpose, we got no fragments of quality to spend the cores on, we dont want more of them
    Last edited by Samuraii; 04-28-2017 at 04:04 AM.

Now we get tank frags and cores.....uhmmmm....uhmmmm aint that pretty!!!!!!
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Now we get tank frags and cores.....uhmmmm....uhmmmm aint that pretty!!!!!!
    All I use are tank fragments.
    But yeah quality of pvp fragments are abysmal.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXw11jrqwk

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Agreed, so far i i recycled 98% of my pvp fragments, have huge amount of cores in my bank.
    I certanly dont need more, what i need more of, is fragments.

I remember at the start of expansion cores had resell value, i believe it was 40g for each, if they didnt change that i would have been rich by now.
    Now cores for pvpers serves no purpose, we got no fragments of quality to spend the cores on, we dont want more of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    All I use are tank fragments.
    But yeah quality of pvp fragments are abysmal.
    Far more than 98% of the fragments obtained from PvE get recycled, so apparently PvP gives better Fragments. Nerf the Fragment quality and drop rate from PvP!
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake without real sugar.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Come. Come with me. I will care for you.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    Far more than 98% of the fragments obtained from PvE get recycled, so apparently PvP gives better Fragments. Nerf the Fragment quality and drop rate from PvP!
    I get that you're joking around, but that aside, there's a very serious reason why pvp fragments are probably recycled way less : Because we need to upgrade crap because that's all we get. You can probably find pve frag at a rate 10+ times faster than PVP ones, so obviously you can be more selective!

When you find only 1-2 fragments an hour you can't wait for the perfect one to upgrade; You'd upgrade one every couple months.

Ascendant

Can we get some devs attention to this?
    Best pvp fragment I found in about 2 weeks : a 3 stated tier 5 frag (bad tier, and the 3 stats weren't great, they just weren't useless so that's good enough I guess...), upgraded it to purple, 4th stat dodge, recycle.

This is pvp frag farming now. 99% of the frags were always bad, but back then at least we had a reasonable amount of them so sometime we had a good one. (extremely small compared to pve but it was something...). Now we find wayyyyy less.
    But on the plus side guess I got lots of cores?

Do we need to start upgrading green&white tier 5-6?
    Note that I play something close to 20'ish wfs a day everyday, pretty sure a lot/most players don't even play that much and find even less fragments.

Also fragments were partly added to the game as a gold sink, but they don't sink anything when you just don't find anything to upgrade.

And goldsink aside, pvp'ers want to gear up too, and this includes fragments.
    Make them drop more, make them purchasable for favors in the store or something, either way is fine, but we really need more fragments.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 05-07-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Champion of Telara

I have a feeling the reason they replaced some with cores is to get rid of the obviously useless T6 white frags.

I haven't really pvp'd for a while, but are you still getting T6 white ones now?
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I have a feeling the reason they replaced some with cores is to get rid of the obviously useless T6 white frags.

I haven't really pvp'd for a while, but are you still getting T6 white ones now?
    I can confirm white T6 with one stat still drops.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXw11jrqwk

Adding fragments to the store for favor is a good idea.
    Another idea is chance to get pvp fragments when we kill someone, just like how it works in pve, right now we only have a chance of fragment is if we win, we get 1

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Adding fragments to the store for favor is a good idea.
    Another idea is chance to get pvp fragments when we kill someone, just like how it works in pve, right now we only have a chance of fragment is if we win, we get 1
    Yeah, that's the thing, you need to play 2 games on average for 1 fragment... so that's 20-30 minutes. In PVE you often find multiple fragments in a single pull of random tarsh mobs in SFP.

And of course that was BEFORE, 1 fragment every 20-30 minutes. Now it's probably 1 fragment every hour or so?

Someone playing 3 hours a day every day would find like 20 fragments a week, maybe 1 or 2 will be blue, but 9 weeks out of 10 these 1-2 blue won't have the right stats on. And of course, even if they have 3 good stats you're still what, 40-60 to get 2 other good stats on thhe upgrade? 30-70?

Unless you pvp like a madman you're probably looking at MONTH(s) between good fragments worth upgrading AND getting 5 good stats. Guess if I play 3 hours a day everyday for 5-10 years I should be able to full 5stats my 5 characters

Even for someone playing just 1 character it's ridiculous.
    It's been 6 months or so since the patch, and most of these 6 months were with the "normal" odds for fragments (i.e. no cores in boxes) and even my main isn't even close to be BiS'ish fragment because I just don't find enough good ones. It's not even the plat, I'M sitting on like 60k plat, would be willing to spend 20k easily to upgrade some frags but I just can't find enough frags worth trying despite playing about 20 warfronts a day with a 52-53% winrate...

The odds are wayyy too low. Which wouldn't be as much a concern if we could buy them from favors (so when you're bis geared you could just spend your favor on that instead of... stacking marks pointlessly). But as it's our only way to get pvp frags, the odds just aren't doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing, you need to play 2 games on average for 1 fragment... so that's 20-30 minutes. In PVE you often find multiple fragments in a single pull of random tarsh mobs in SFP.

And of course that was BEFORE, 1 fragment every 20-30 minutes. Now it's probably 1 fragment every hour or so?

Someone playing 3 hours a day every day would find like 20 fragments a week, maybe 1 or 2 will be blue, but 9 weeks out of 10 these 1-2 blue won't have the right stats on. And of course, even if they have 3 good stats you're still what, 40-60 to get 2 other good stats on thhe upgrade? 30-70?

Unless you pvp like a madman you're probably looking at MONTH(s) between good fragments worth upgrading AND getting 5 good stats. Guess if I play 3 hours a day everyday for 5-10 years I should be able to full 5stats my 5 characters

Even for someone playing just 1 character it's ridiculous.
    It's been 6 months or so since the patch, and most of these 6 months were with the "normal" odds for fragments (i.e. no cores in boxes) and even my main isn't even close to be BiS'ish fragment because I just don't find enough good ones. It's not even the plat, I'M sitting on like 60k plat, would be willing to spend 20k easily to upgrade some frags but I just can't find enough frags worth trying despite playing about 20 warfronts a day with a 52-53% winrate...

The odds are wayyy too low. Which wouldn't be as much a concern if we could buy them from favors (so when you're bis geared you could just spend your favor on that instead of... stacking marks pointlessly). But as it's our only way to get pvp frags, the odds just aren't doing it.
    True that, it should get a priority, simply because we cant use pve fragments in pvp, they will get bolstred down. And since we dont do much pve we dont have much fragments at all, let alone anything with crit, like death fragments.

Part of me that is cynical, thinks that your suggestion should me on top on trions todo list, because its a great plat sink, making us buy rexes more.
    If trion would make quality pvp fragments from store, we would still need to upgrade them, i havent upgraded anything to 15 yet, but i heard the cost is around 4k plat, you sure wanna miss on that income trion?

Right now pvp players are crippled from the game

+ Reply to Thread