+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Whats up with clerics?

Telaran

Default Whats up with clerics?

our dps is nerfed, our heals are nerfed.

only thing to do is play cab and cc.

any plans on fixing cleric?

We should turn radical coalessence into a purgeable buff so that it matches with shaman's cleanse-able deep freeze.

Last edited by Gilgad; 04-24-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    We should turn radical coalessence into a purgeable buff so that it matches with shaman's cleanse-able deep freeze.

least you can still kinda blow people up in shaman.

im only blowing up casuals with inq.

I dont get why Trion as to completly destroy a class every time they nerf something,all we ever requested was a nerf on FH heals and they where not that much of problem without specing in to justicar,clerics where fine expt for that particular thing.

Champion

Come on, a Cleric is still very viable for activities such as:

- atrifact hunting
    - stick farming
    - wardrobe collecting
    - storage support for your guild
    - hiding yourself in warfronts

enough to do! Stop whining a go enjoy the game...

Shadowlander

i put my cleric on the shelf, i perform way better with my rogue that has pve gear. it has alot smoother mechanics, no more 2min burst cds etc, clerics for me seems to be a place where devs try out new and unpolished things
    Last edited by Ewik; 04-26-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewik View Post
    i put my cleric on the shelf, i perform way better with my rogue that has pve gear. it has alot smoother mechanics, no more 2min burst cds etc, clerics for me seems to be a place where devs try out new and unpolished things
    Primalist says hi

Plane Walker

Clerics are a 1.x class living in a 4.0 world.
    Koz

I really don't see why all these people are crying and have an issue with cleric. Clerics aren't even bad... they only need minor fixes and a minor boost. The real problem people should be discussing is the waaaaay overtuned Warrior's, Primalists, and Assassins for rogue. When it comes to cleric its not that they are bad... because they are good and only a tiny bit behind where they should be... its just that those 3 classes I listed are sooo far out of whack because balance didn't actually happen after all these months-> Just changes.

People love to repeat a lie over and over again or exaggerate until its seen as the truth. And people LOVE to PLAY OVERTUNED and BROKEN classes or builds. So yes compared to those monstrosities clerics can be considered weak. My advice is to anyone believing this nonsense to stop.. and gear up your clerics to see what you can actually do .. instead of giving up before even trying. The fixes will come eventually, and you can all switch back from your warriors / rogues or even primalists to your old favourite clerics

Keyens ... well I have no clue what he was thinking with releasing tempest for example. It was mentioned over and over the moment it was released to PTS that its an even bigger elephant in the room than the old ele pyro people complained about. Still kind of figuring out what to do about primalists as well since I see nothing planned as far as changes to their dps which is way out of line. Assassins soon to be fix,... I hope anyway.. will balance that out. So we wait and see.

Edit : I really hope that the dev's actually talk to some knowledgeable players to understand things they have a hard time with (such as primalists currently) Seems to be the least know about class for keyens, hopefully they get balanced to a proper lvl around same time everyone else is and not 5 months later.
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 04-26-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeClericsGreatAgain View Post
    Edit : I really hope that the dev's actually talk to some knowledgeable players to understand things they have a hard time with (such as primalists currently) Seems to be the least know about class for keyens, hopefully they get balanced to a proper lvl around same time everyone else is and not 5 months later.
    NUDGE NUDGE WINKEY WINK.

Also are you talking about pvp? Because primalist is about to get rekt in pvp again. Only thing making it viable is a bug that you cant really go around in any way unfortunately.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Primalist says hi
    dude, youve been able to completely destroy people for so long lol

Telaran

I really don't see why all these people are crying and have an issue with cleric. Clerics aren't even bad... they only need minor fixes and a minor boost. The real problem people should be discussing is the waaaaay overtuned Warrior's, Primalists, and Assassins for rogue. When it comes to cleric its not that they are bad... because they are good and only a tiny bit behind where they should be... its just that those 3 classes I listed are sooo far out of whack because balance didn't actually happen after all these months-> Just changes.

People love to repeat a lie over and over again or exaggerate until its seen as the truth. And people LOVE to PLAY OVERTUNED and BROKEN classes or builds. So yes compared to those monstrosities clerics can be considered weak. My advice is to anyone believing this nonsense to stop.. and gear up your clerics to see what you can actually do .. instead of giving up before even trying. The fixes will come eventually, and you can all switch back from your warriors / rogues or even primalists to your old favourite clerics

Keyens ... well I have no clue what he was thinking with releasing tempest for example. It was mentioned over and over the moment it was released to PTS that its an even bigger elephant in the room than the old ele pyro people complained about. Still kind of figuring out what to do about primalists as well since I see nothing planned as far as changes to their dps which is way out of line. Assassins soon to be fix,... I hope anyway.. will balance that out. So we wait and see.

do you even play cleric? your ability to survive is ZERO against other classes atm. in a zerg setting with stacked healers, sure you can still be great. your dps is confirmed lowest of all the classes, by what, about 30%? your heals were nerfed beyond belief.

nobody is repeating a lie, ask any of the good clerics left. numbers dont lie.

Ascendant

People love to repeat a lie over and over again or exaggerate until its seen as the truth. And people LOVE to PLAY OVERTUNED and BROKEN classes or builds. So yes compared to those monstrosities clerics can be considered weak..

And people will keep playing those overtuned and broken builds, and those monstrosities will still be a thing a week from now and a month from now and a year from now because THERE'S ALWAYS BROKEN SPECS.

When is the last time there was no OP specs in Rift?

People were saying the same thing in the threads about Fairy healer.

-Fairy healer super OP, pls nerf!
    -But the other specs are way stronger, FH is irrelevant against their burst anyway
    -Well these specs are gonna get fixed someday so fix FH!

and now FH is fix, yet there's still specs that can deal 200k damage in 1 button.

But hey, I'm sure the NEXT patch will fix every single OP specs and there will never be any more OP spec in Rift until the ends of time so just hang on right?

Cleric isn't competitive because it's facing FOTM and FOTM are ALWAYS gonna be there.
    They fix warlock, warlocks go elem, they fix elem, elems go harbinger, if they fix harbinger they'll go to the next broken spec, and so on forever.

Funny things is that I've seen some of the anti-FH crowd from the other threads now are having a change of mind and are arguing that cleric is too weak and stuff.
    Yeah no ****, you made it weak.
    It had one slightly OP ability in a meta where every other calling had INSANELY OP abilities, yet you insisted on getting that one nerfed and that's what you got.

Stop with the "Cleric is fine it's every single other spec in the game that is not fine!"
    Trion will never fix "every single spec in the game" at the same time. So cleric isn't fine, and cleric has to be looked at.

When they do a massive spec overhaul to "fix everything" you know what happens anyway; Just create 2-3 new OP specs.

People were saying that in 4.0, clerics are fine, its balanced. its the other classes that are broken, what happened? Clerics got nerfed other classes got buffed.
    When we ask devs about clerics, they repeat what you say, its fine, its the most balanced class in game, we just have to look at the other classes to balance the game.

My advice to you is play the class, enter a wf and see for yourself, before you come here and start telling us how things is.
    I stopped playing cleric until it gets buffed again, for now its mage and sometimes my rogues.

Some people still think clerics are supposed to be a healing class, it isnt supposed to do good dmg or they will rage. Now guess what, with 3 healing souls we are the worst healers in wf, warriors have better dps heals than us, mages are better dps and heals than us, rogues are better dps and heals than us, primalist are better dps than us.

Sentinel is a decent heal until it gets purged, wich happen if wf every 2 secs, everyone focus you and purge you, is that fine with you?
    Other classes complain and gets their buffs immune to purge, but not you, they are fine and its the other classes that are op

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Come on, a Cleric is still very viable for activities such as:

- atrifact hunting
    - stick farming
    - wardrobe collecting
    - storage support for your guild
    - hiding yourself in warfronts

enough to do! Stop whining a go enjoy the game...

/10char
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast