+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By bollesti
  • 4 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By Nefelia
  • 2 Post By Ganky

Thread: Can we get something to work for?

Telaran

Default Can we get something to work for?

how about some gear, a weapon, a mount, wardrobe, anything?

hello team?

Prophet of Telara

Yeah. Even new 100 prestige levels or some new achievements would be nice. Anything.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    gear, a weapon,
    inb4 "go for eternal stuff"

I am pretty curious to find out if all the Challenger's Marks I've stockpiled are ever going to be useful for anything again.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Return View Post
    I am pretty curious to find out if all the Challenger's Marks I've stockpiled are ever going to be useful for anything again.
    They certainly will be... But if you devote most of your time to pvp and you play a single character you'll always have more than you can use.

Sadly the way the game is now (with planar fragments) everyone is encouraged to play a single character or at least to main one.

Ral
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    inb4 "go for eternal stuff"
    are the eternal items even down bolstered yet? The upgraded TD gear I have is usable in pvp, which I assume is a bug, so I wouldn't be surprised if the eternal weapons/armor are the same way.
    Last edited by Ral; 04-24-2017 at 08:24 PM.

7What about a way that pvprs can get tier 1 and 2 fragments like for example be able to buy them from the store like any pver instead of this cursed rng,and then the upgrade would need pvp marks and specific number of wf wins...something Trion,give us something to spend our marks because i am capped on favor and challengers marks and have nothing to spend them on.

AND NEW PVP TRINKETS WOULD BE MOST WELLCOME TO!!!!!
    Last edited by bollesti; 04-24-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Champion

An eternal weapon for PVP would be really cool, but I don't think they will do that. Rift Forum logic will probably call someone winning with a further developed eternal PVP weapon from someone with a lower developed one a "balancing issue".

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    7What about a way that pvprs can get tier 1 and 2 fragments like for example be able to buy them from the store like any pver instead of this cursed rng,and then the upgrade would need pvp marks and specific number of wf wins...something Trion,give us something to spend our marks because i am capped on favor and challengers marks and have nothing to spend them on.
    Heh I was about to come post about exactly that (maybe we've read the same convo on chat about pve frags in boxes).

PVE frags are so easy to get, clear a goblin camp and you get like 73 of them.
    But PVP... Takes about 10-15 minutes to play a game, and only wins give you frags so that's 20-30 minutes for a fragment.
    Someone playing 3 hours a day every day would get like 50 fragments a week... Remove the white, the trash, and the offclass, you often don't have ANY good frag to even try to level.

It's kinda bad, I usually do a frag checkup everyweek to see what's worth trying and I'm now sitting on enough plat to upgrade 3-4 to max level but I just don't have any. All trash..
    I'm gonna have to start upgrading subpar trash, or try my luck with whites or something. Otherwise my plat's just collecting dust.

Frags to be bought in favors would fix both problems. People full BiS (in favor gear) would have something to do, and something that doesn't really have an "end" (getting 100% bis would take ages), and would allow us to spend some plat without wasting it on trash frags.

Even better if we can do it with favors obv.
    I think it'd be good if there was always something like that where you can spend currencies, would make them more valuable as well.

Frags would be a good use for favors, and we could have different boxes, say 5k favor for a completely random fragment, 10k for a random green+ or blue+, 25k or 50k for a blue/purple meant for your class ( 3 class specific/good stats, you still RNG for the rest ), something like that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post

AND NEW PVP TRINKETS WOULD BE MOST WELLCOME TO!!!!!
    I fully support your plea for a way to improve PvP fragment acquisition. I've been back for about three or four weeks and have made some good progress in gearing up in everything except for fragments. I have yet to find a single PvP fragment worth levelling all the way.

Ascendant

Welp. We now find even less PVP frags than before, now we can find cores in boxes.

Trion we need MORE pvp frags not LESS...
    We already had to sometime play for week+ to find ONE fragment worth upgrading, is it gonna be months now?

Before I make a comment that someone from Trion finds "snarky"; can I ask the help of our pvp community in reminding me what suggestions exactly, from the PVP community here has Trion Dev implemented in the past two years. Anything? - Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I comment about pvp suggestions and their probability of being given any attention.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ganky View Post
    Before I make a comment that someone from Trion finds "snarky"; can I ask the help of our pvp community in reminding me what suggestions exactly, from the PVP community here has Trion Dev implemented in the past two years. Anything? - Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I comment about pvp suggestions and their probability of being given any attention.
    The biggest thing I can remember is the nerfing of mana drains, mostly dominator, which was one of the biggest problems for clerics for last few years since they were the most resource intensive class in the game at the time. Even with the change I still consider the class the most countered class with little to no counterbalance in PvP.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-02-2017 at 10:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread