+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Round of Applause for Wren

Default Round of Applause for Wren

Wren, as a proud member of the pvp community I'd like to thank you.

You asked about wfs, Conquest, you brought up changes etc. While we know they aren't doing much it was nice of you to ask for us and it was definitely nice to see someone asking pvp questions for us.

I hope to see Wren and her controller on more streams. Was really refreshing!

P.S. Sorry for ganking you. xoxo
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    The Real Rift Community Discord! Check It Out!
    Check out the New Rift Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/ Be Constructive!

Here here!
    Had a blast watching everyone on Friday's livestream.

Excited about the plan to have matched warfronts and the announcement that all warfronts will be available on or about May 3rd! Have a great weekend

Rift Disciple

Ok I can't stand this....

While I think Wren did her best. Really...

My most polite comment on the stream as such would be sad and embarrassing.
    I guess now we know exactly where the pvp community is standing.

I find it ironic that Kerilar mentioned that re-activating Conquest would simply increase the amount of complaints, yet all they did to address any player complaints was:

1) Add a 30 second barrier at the beginning of a CQ match
    2) Reduce premade sizes from 20 to 5.
    3) Prevent anyone from joining during the last Stillmoor Phase (timer)
    4) Logarithmically reducing kills needed to start timer.

Everything that could possibly be done to make CQ less appealing to the average player was implemented, while anything that could be done to incent more players to join such as increasing rewards/making rewards relevant was ignored.

In the twilight hours of CQ, the average experience was 3-5 people on each faction roaming around individually for hours for 0 reward.

In any case, I'm glad Wren brought up the positives of the "true" CQ experience to relate that to the audience many of whom have never witnessed it.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

Telaran

i havent watched the stream. but was there any response to these questions that this person asked?

could you imagine how horrible conquest would be now??? it wouldnt be anything similar to what it was, even when it was tolerable.
    Last edited by beyondcaring; 04-24-2017 at 10:13 AM.

"...he's going to put all of the warfronts back online. And so, you're going to get them all."

"The estimated date for that is May 3rd."

Magic words.
    Last edited by Bannj; 04-24-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    "...he's going to put all of the warfronts back online. And so, you're going to get them all."

"The estimated date for that is May 3rd."

Magic words.

thats it??

At the time of all the complaints people who did not pvp were forced to pvp to get max weekly gains of currency, (I guess it still kind of is since there are tower fragments and celestial remnants (And sparkles for patrons) as the rewards.) They had the loudest voices, then it was followed up by people who did not like the massive fights (or lag) or they got rolled over on off hours by a premade who farmed it all night.
    As they said in the stream Rift is primarily a pve game.
    Having CQ back would be great, I know it wont happen because there's no voice for PVP employed by Trion, Which makes me sad.
    Just biding my time until the next good game comes out or something.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

I AM BORED!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    At the time of all the complaints people who did not pvp were forced to pvp to get max weekly gains of currency, (I guess it still kind of is since there are tower fragments and celestial remnants (And sparkles for patrons) as the rewards.) They had the loudest voices, then it was followed up by people who did not like the massive fights (or lag) or they got rolled over on off hours by a premade who farmed it all night.
    As they said in the stream Rift is primarily a pve game.
    Having CQ back would be great, I know it wont happen because there's no voice for PVP employed by Trion, Which makes me sad.
    Just biding my time until the next good game comes out or something.

true, it is a pve centric game but the ignoring of pvp by trion is way too much.

YAY, thank you, RGI, and thanks to all that support PVP, and watched that Rift stream!

I've so enjoyed the streams I've done, and getting to play WFs while listening to Trion peeps talk about PVP was an extra bonus, and much fun.

I'm glad the old warfronts are coming back, and look forward to getting ganked in them by you and yours very soon.

happy day,

wren

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Wren, as a proud member of the pvp community I'd like to thank you.

You asked about wfs, Conquest, you brought up changes etc. While we know they aren't doing much it was nice of you to ask for us and it was definitely nice to see someone asking pvp questions for us.

I hope to see Wren and her controller on more streams. Was really refreshing!

P.S. Sorry for ganking you. xoxo
    I agree on recognizing Wren for the great job at bringing up some good pvp questions, and sharing her enthusiasm for Rift Pvp! I didn't get to watch the stream live, but I did go and check it out the next day.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    true, it is a pve centric game but the ignoring of pvp by trion is way too much.
    Its not even pve centric anymore, its dimension centric.

WTB A progression raid that's not re-hashed and clearable in 40 minutes of entering instance.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-27-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Saw the stream, glad to see PVP has some life yet. On the fence about leveling Nurse and doing some WFs.

Take care everyone!
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    Saw the stream, glad to see PVP has some life yet. On the fence about leveling Nurse and doing some WFs.

Take care everyone!
    Well hey there Nurse <3. Glad to see people I still know.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post

Take care everyone!
    Don't hesitate. I think mage is in one of the best spots its been in in pvp in years. They have like some of the the best dps and healing as well as some troll specs that they haven't had a chance to abuse since all the other roles are so powerful. Both melee and range also with elementalist and warlock and harb. All are really good to play. Its a beast class in PvP for healing. Wren just chose pyro which isn't as OP as the other 6 souls she could have chose. and the other remainder ones can definitely be made to troll specs. Two ways to troll with pets and as tank.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-04-2017 at 06:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast