+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Round of Applause for Wren

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bruine View Post
    Everything that could possibly be done to make CQ less appealing to the average player was implemented, while anything that could be done to incent more players to join such as increasing rewards/making rewards relevant was ignored.
    when CQ first came out they incentivized the crap out of it. Many raiding guilds made it a REQUIREMENT to have all the bonuses you got from CQ. i don't remember what they all were, but i seem to remember speed boosts and stat boosts as part of it.

and people HATED it. absolutely, unequivocally despised it. incentivize it however they want, the fact remains that CQ appealed to a severe minority of the player population, and it was so despised by the rest of the player base they asked for the bonuses to not even exist rather than to be forced to participate in something they found so thoroughly enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    when CQ first came out they incentivized the crap out of it. Many raiding guilds made it a REQUIREMENT to have all the bonuses you got from CQ. i don't remember what they all were, but i seem to remember speed boosts and stat boosts as part of it.

and people HATED it. absolutely, unequivocally despised it. incentivize it however they want, the fact remains that CQ appealed to a severe minority of the player population, and it was so despised by the rest of the player base they asked for the bonuses to not even exist rather than to be forced to participate in something they found so thoroughly enjoyable.
    The only thing that killed conquest for good was when they took away the ability of players to actually group together to participate. I'm pretty sure there is not a day that goes by where someone does not post in crossevents, something about conquest and the fact that it's no longer around.

But thank you, for helping to make sure that the players who did enjoy it have absolutely no chance to ever enjoy it again. Yet, it's apparently okay to make pvp'ers participate in pve if they want to get some of the bonuses/gear to be competitive in pvp. It makes so much sense that all the incentives were removed, and PvPers should get no meaningful rewards for playing the game!

Thankfully, they did bring back pvp gear, so there are a few hardcore pvp players who don't feel forced into that content. And, thankfully they have also brought back most of the warfronts that took a hiatus for the launch of SFP.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post
    The only thing that killed conquest for good was when they took away the ability of players to actually group together to participate. I'm pretty sure there is not a day that goes by where someone does not post in crossevents, something about conquest and the fact that it's no longer around.

But thank you, for helping to make sure that the players who did enjoy it have absolutely no chance to ever enjoy it again. Yet, it's apparently okay to make pvp'ers participate in pve if they want to get some of the bonuses/gear to be competitive in pvp. It makes so much sense that all the incentives were removed, and PvPers should get no meaningful rewards for playing the game!

Thankfully, they did bring back pvp gear, so there are a few hardcore pvp players who don't feel forced into that content. And, thankfully they have also brought back most of the warfronts that took a hiatus for the launch of SFP.
    2 account exploiters ruined CQ. Can inspect some leaders and they never warfronts and had green gear with missing essences. It was badly designed and needed to go.. Maybe a better system that is less exploited by those players who basically ran two or more monitors/accounts to throw wins at themselves. I had at least a dozen games I entered in NT that were like that before I quit it altogether...
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-14-2017 at 11:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2