+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: cheating in pvp? speedhack?

Plane Walker

Default cheating in pvp? speedhack?

so theres always a few standouts in pvp, one guy( g.....e) on EU always gets top kills - ive seen him go 25-0 when his team only has 30 kills etc.. and if i am on the opposing team then there is always muttering amongst my team that he is cheating. Mainly that he has speedhack.
    He is insanely fast i have to agree, but i just thought he has a combo of playing an OP class, knowing his class well and being good. But ive heard enough accusations now to wonder if its true?

TLDR: Are there active cheats in rift pvp? or is it just sour grapes.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    so theres always a few standouts in pvp, one guy( g.....e) on EU always gets top kills - ive seen him go 25-0 when his team only has 30 kills etc.. and if i am on the opposing team then there is always muttering amongst my team that he is cheating. Mainly that he has speedhack.
    He is insanely fast i have to agree, but i just thought he has a combo of playing an OP class, knowing his class well and being good. But ive heard enough accusations now to wonder if its true?

You,ve given absolutely no information for anyone to be able to give any kind of intelligent response, other than the guy is insanely good at playing his spec.

What class does the person play?
    What spec/specs does the person play?
    What is the person's armor like?
    Starting gear, max PVP gear and PVP essences, or somewhere in between?
    What if any buffs does this person have on in warfronts, insoles perhaps?
    Does this person have any loyalty buffs that would affect his mounted speed and mounting speed?

Answering these questions might help people to provide the answers you are looking for.

Thunder

Rift Disciple

Hello horgrym, you could avec simply pm me ingame i would have tell you
    About the speed, there is some passive speed with the para spec(+feet enchantment) and a 50% speed increase but i dont know if it accumulates.
    About the kb, they are "high" when facing players that are not really aware/reactive and due to the fact that paragon has too much dps/burst (the alternative being playing tempest wich is as stupid and boring). Believe me i would have prefer play riftblade(or trade some harb utility against some dps) in a well balanced game but trion isn't on this game anymore so we will have to wait 5 months with this.

Plane Walker

Please understand, i am not accusing anyone of cheating.
    I am well aware of all the speed boosts in game for all souls.
    i know its often sour grapes as we've all had someone send us nasty tells after we kill them or get a number of kb's that they deem cheating.
    I dont jump at every cry of 'cheat'

This one player has been accused dozens of times in my presence (and i dont play all that much). Enough to make me question if there were actually cheats in game.

That is all.

Important note: i have NEVER accused anyone of cheating in game. Until now it has not even crossed my mind. I have seen many players that standout just as much as this guy: It is the 'standout play' + 'dozens of accusations' that has piqued my interest.
    Last edited by Horgrym; 04-17-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Please understand, i am not accusing anyone of cheating.
    I am well aware of all the speed boosts in game for all souls.
    i know its often sour grapes as we've all had someone send us nasty tells after we kill them or get a number of kb's that they deem cheating.
    I dont jump at every cry of 'cheat'

This one player has been accused dozens of times in my presence (and i dont play all that much). Enough to make me question if there were actually cheats in game.

That is all.

Important note: i have NEVER accused anyone of cheating in game. Until now it has not even crossed my mind. I have seen many players that standout just as much as this guy: It is the 'standout play' + 'dozens of accusations' that has piqued my interest.
    You still really havent helped in giving any information so we can tell you if they're hacking or not.

Rift Disciple

No problem
    Generally people who tell another is cheating are the one macro spammers who don't use all the skills of their classes, no offense to those people but all i'm using are the tools trion gave to warrior.
    Or perhaps my character has some bugs like Fernand had with is ELO i don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN42XlKolL0

See by yourself at 4:00 but for me my speed is the classic speed of 50%. I think they were thinking of cheating for the riftblade spec because they were not use to the teleports, the teleports'reset, etc the kitting, but for parangon its some classic spec with a speed, some charges and a big burst.
    Last edited by sylaen; 04-17-2017 at 05:07 AM.

"But ive heard enough accusations now to wonder if its true?"

So if I told you the moon was made of cheese a bunch of times would you also think that is true?

I don`t think he is cheating at all. if you ever seen any of his videos you will see he has a very "unique" playstyle.
    first he plays paragon what means guaranteed killing blows under alacrity.
    second he plays intelligent, not a facetanking lemming. If he is in trouble he will escape, drops aggro thus he will not die as frequently or not at all.
    third how many times I heard about good players they are cheating. I heard about in previous expansions, and now as well. I assume if someone can`t explain how things happening they will come out the "cheating" card.

About the speed: mirror, quickening brew and soul specific runs are stacking.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I don`t think he is cheating at all. if you ever seen any of his videos you will see he has a very "unique" playstyle.
    first he plays paragon what means guaranteed killing blows under alacrity.
    second he plays intelligent, not a facetanking lemming. If he is in trouble he will escape, drops aggro thus he will not die as frequently or not at all.
    third how many times I heard about good players they are cheating. I heard about in previous expansions, and now as well. I assume if someone can`t explain how things happening they will come out the "cheating" card.

About the speed: mirror, quickening brew and soul specific runs are stacking.
    Quickening brew does not stack, at least not with mage or cleric run speed buffs. .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Quickening brew does not stack, at least not with mage or cleric run speed buffs. .
    Sorry my bad.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Heh, I've always wondered what the other team is talking about whilst going flawless with tons of kills.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    Heh, I've always wondered what the other team is talking about whilst going flawless with tons of kills.
    Look there goes X with his two FK pocket heals again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Look there goes X with his two FK pocket heals again.
    I dunno if I've ever had 2 FK healing me before. I don't even remember 1 it's been so long, usually played with a sent or tact from 4.0-4.1. Was still ez.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 04-17-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    You still really havent helped in giving any information so we can tell you if they're hacking or not.
    Thats because im not accusing anyone of cheating, and thus i am not trying to establish if this one guy is cheating, i am just wondering if cheats exist in rift pvp?

to the guy who said the moon thing, thats a terrible analogy.. cheating in online games is common and hardly comparable to revelations about planets being made from dairy produce.

Thats because im not accusing anyone of cheating, and thus i am not trying to establish if this one guy is cheating, i am just wondering if cheats exist in rift pvp?

to the guy who said the moon thing, thats a terrible analogy.. cheating in online games is common and hardly comparable to revelations about planets being made from dairy produce.
    "cheating in online games is common and hardly comparable to revelations about planets being made from dairy produce."

It was not an analogy about cheating, it was a point about you giving merit to something simply because people said it a lot.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-17-2017 at 08:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast