+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: PvP Video: Black Garden - Disorientation

Ascendant

Default PvP Video: Black Garden - Disorientation

Because having four videos up on the front page is not enough:

https://youtu.be/bJRacwxf9Y4

This video is a closely fought Black Garden match. It is also one of the first matches I fought after finally getting my PvP weapons (along with runes, which I hadn't bothered with before). An extra 1800 SP along with 400+ Int and 300+ Wis may have had an impact on my performance... maybe.

No coincidences. The song chose your video, not the other way around. Nice gameplay!
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Living Energy on bar but not used?

Tryin to figure out who u have ur barriers applied to... were they?

When you were carrying the fang and aggressively self healing, why not swap to LGV? It would produce more self healing than LBV.

You can improve your use of Entropic Veil I feel as well, its use seems very random and it remains toggled on at times when its not needed, which reduces the charge you have when you use Wild Growth multiple times.

Consider making a kalert which lets you know when LER has 12 stacks?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Living Energy on bar but not used?

Tryin to figure out who u have ur barriers applied to... were they?

When you were carrying the fang and aggressively self healing, why not swap to LGV? It would produce more self healing than LBV.

You can improve your use of Entropic Veil I feel as well, its use seems very random and it remains toggled on at times when its not needed, which reduces the charge you have when you use Wild Growth multiple times.

Consider making a kalert which lets you know when LER has 12 stacks?
    Hmm? Good questions, lets see if I can dig up the answers:

Q. 1 & 2: Living Energy and my barriers are usually applied before the match starts. Living Energy is applied as one of my standard self-buffs when I respawn and Frost/Crystal Barrier usually go to the top DPS or healers on my team. I was a bit preoccupied with chat in the lead up to the match so I missed out on the usual preparations this time.

That said, I do occasionally use crystal barrier on targets I intend to heal, if only for the 12% boost on direct healing spells. Given that the boost does not effect Synth heals, however, it is not always worth the GCD.

Earthen Barrier I reserve for myself.

Q. 3 As for self-healing when holding the fan: sticking with Synth/LBV is a deliberate choice. The longer my DPS allies are alive, the longer they absorb the other team's damage and the longer they are around to do damage to those attempting to kill me.

In the best case scenario, the team is maintained and those that I have saved via Synth are around to pick up the stone once I am killed (i.e. https://youtu.be/Zg05MX2s9fA). In the worst case scenario, the other team is delayed by the team mates I've managed to save.

Your mileage may vary depending on your Synergy Crystal, but I've only found LGV to be a viable option when I am caught alone (or focusing on an objective and can't be bothered with micro-managing Synth).

Q. 4: I've set up my use of Entropic Veil primarily to be available for Essence Surge and Healing Torrent, though I do toggle it irregularly for other occasions. I'm not overly concerned about the charge running out given that it returns quickly enough, though I am mindful not to cast EV preceding an imminent use of Wild Growth.

Q. 5 I'd have to look up how to set up a kalert for Legendary Earthen Renewal. As it stands, stop-cast has made it manageable without a kalert, but I certainly wouldn't mind getting it the **** out of its current macro. This is something I'll definitely have to look into.

As always, thanks for your input. I may not agree with all of your issues (and there is ample room for constructive debate regarding Q. 3), but you've given me the impetus to finally do something about the sad state of my kalerts: I've recently had to reformat my C:/ drive, and haven't bothered to get more than 1 kalert up since. On that issue I plead laziness.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 04-16-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post

Q. 4: I've set up my use of Entropic Veil primarily to be available for Essence Surge and Healing Torrent, though I do toggle it irregularly for other occasions. I'm not overly concerned about the charge running out given that it returns quickly enough, though I am mindful not to cast EV preceding an imminent use of Wild Growth.
    Fairly positive EV don't boost ES, but I cba to re-install rift on my main hdd to verifty.

Many times in the video you drained your charge to well below 50% by leaving EV toggled on for who knows what reason, and then you immediately use WG shortly there after.

A More proactive use of EV, or also using spells like Natures Touch or Natural Healing without EV toggled on to quickly re build your charge and then using WG after you rebuild charge, should yield better results for you. Just seemed like a very lazy use of EV during the video. The moments when you have 10 charge with EV toggled on, start casting void life, and then EV depletes your charge 1 tick into VL is triggering.

Finally, many times in the video you are seen frantically spamming your Corrosive Spores macro, which I can only assume is a Cast @Targetoftarget macro, when your target does not have anyone targeted, and then they die. I can't being to tell you how many times you will have ur ally die using a macro system like this. For example: You cast Ruin/Natures Touch via a cast @targetoftarget on a person who is about to die, spell travels thru the air, and doesnt land because that person was too low health to begin with. You always want to try to heal off of people who u know will not die mid-cast.

Multiple times in the various healing videos you have made public you are seen trying to heal people off their targets, when you have a target closer to you which you could tab to easily, and guarantee a heal will be produced.

G'luck.

Fairly positive EV don't boost ES, but I cba to re-install rift on my main hdd to verifty.

Many times in the video you drained your charge to well below 50% by leaving EV toggled on for who knows what reason, and then you immediately use WG shortly there after.

A More proactive use of EV, or also using spells like Natures Touch or Natural Healing without EV toggled on to quickly re build your charge and then using WG after you rebuild charge, should yield better results for you. Just seemed like a very lazy use of EV during the video. The moments when you have 10 charge with EV toggled on, start casting void life, and then EV depletes your charge 1 tick into VL is triggering.

Finally, many times in the video you are seen frantically spamming your Corrosive Spores macro, which I can only assume is a Cast @Targetoftarget macro, when your target does not have anyone targeted, and then they die. I can't being to tell you how many times you will have ur ally die using a macro system like this. For example: You cast Ruin/Natures Touch via a cast @targetoftarget on a person who is about to die, spell travels thru the air, and doesnt land because that person was too low health to begin with. You always want to try to heal off of people who u know will not die mid-cast.

Multiple times in the various healing videos you have made public you are seen trying to heal people off their targets, when you have a target closer to you which you could tab to easily, and guarantee a heal will be produced.

G'luck.
    Gotta remember though m8, pvp as chloro is frigid and difficult. Can't expect perfection when you can't predict what happens unlike pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Gotta remember though m8, pvp as chloro is frigid and difficult. Can't expect perfection when you can't predict what happens unlike pve.
    So with that statement in mind, wouldn't you rather choose to reserve your resources for when you truly need them; Instead of using your charge constantly for no apparent reason, and then find yourself in a pickle when that emergency heal from WG is required?

Ur right tho m8, the very first time one does PVE content it is almost impossible to heal when you cant predict the scripted incoming damage. PVP is pure chaos, how can one ever truly predict the damage that's about to happen!

(I don't expect perfection; I expect logical reasons to use abilities as well as a fundamental grasp of mechanics of the soul..)
    Last edited by Deeew; 04-16-2017 at 05:27 PM.

So with that statement in mind, wouldn't you rather choose to reserve your resources for when you truly need them; Instead of using your charge constantly for no apparent reason, and then find yourself in a pickle when that emergency heal from WG is required?

Ur right tho m8, the very first time one does PVE content it is almost impossible to heal when you cant predict the scripted incoming damage. PVP is pure chaos, how can one ever truly predict the damage that's about to happen!

(I don't expect perfection; I expect logical reasons to use abilities as well as a fundamental grasp of mechanics of the soul..)
    Yeah, I just wouldn't go out attacking like.. the only chloro in the game left Nefilia is a cool person. There's no one left man.

Yeah, I just wouldn't go out attacking like.. the only chloro in the game left Nefilia is a cool person. There's no one left man.
    Word. Good talk!

" PVP is pure chaos, how can one ever truly predict the damage that's about to happen! "

It is not pure chaos. It is not as clear cut as PvE but there are way to anticipate the incoming damage.

Generally after the initial conflict I know who is going to take the most damage during the match and how I should prioritizes my healing based on their usefulness and play style.

The raid frames can also act as an indicator of who is going to need healing as you'll see them get loaded with debuffs and DoTs.

Another clear indicator is movement. Obviously people who charge in are gonna need healing, but people that make themselves a tab target are gonna get hit.

Healers are generally always a target but healers that don't position right are gonna get hit more than they should as well.

It comes down to paying attention to your raid frames, who is doing what, and what your opponents are doing.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-16-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    " PVP is pure chaos, how can one ever truly predict the damage that's about to happen! "

It is not pure chaos. It is not as clear cut as PvE but there are way to anticipate the incoming damage.

Generally after the initial conflict I know who is going to take the most damage during the match and how I should prioritizes my healing based on their usefulness and play style.

The raid frames can also act as an indicator of who is going to need healing as you'll see them get loaded with debuffs and DoTs.

Another clear indicator is movement. Obviously people who charge in are gonna need healing, but people that make themselves a tab target are gonna get hit.

Healers are generally always a target but healers that don't position right are gonna get hit more than they should as well.

It comes down to paying attention to your raid frames, who is doing what, and what your opponents are doing.
    He was being a smart ***.

Soulwalker

You mean, you're trying to defend a chloro that can't chloro?

Edit - Well chloro better than the current chloros I see that is
    Last edited by Fae Yule Boxes; 04-16-2017 at 10:21 PM.

If he was then he can clarify that, but any time you are being a smart *** you are also being ambiguous.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-17-2017 at 04:13 AM.

I see chloromancers in the WF all the time. Some that are not to shabby.

This is very painfull to watch : / Chloros in pvp is just horrifying right now because any person that links a video (and I know the intention is very good) has to weed through tons of #igotwrecked matches to find one useable enough with weak dps on the opposing team or decent enough supporting healers on their own side

Aoe heals for the most part have been nerfed so hard that they are virtually uselss in pvp. I mean sure we all see a ton of green numbers going off but if you look closely they are all between 150-500 hp .. well at least a good 80-85% of them. I see a chloro or a warden as a detriment more than anything when there is strong or bursty enough dps on the opposing team. And if you elo / win percent is high enough you run into that almost every match.

Trion doesn't want healers in pvp to have any fun or succeed for the most part, because people cry about that more than anything with things like " why cant I kill this fully pvp geared healer by myself in my pve gear and bad fragments? NERRRFFF THEM" Its very stupid to think than any single dps should be able to kill a ST healer but that's the mindset most people have and want to be able to do with ease.. Aoe heals like chloro and wardens etc, are just pushovers when it comes to anyone beating on them that knows what they are doing, your best bet is that the opposing team doesn't know how to find or target heals and pray.
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 04-17-2017 at 04:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast