+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gilgad
  • 1 Post By Lulutala
  • 2 Post By Xclvsive

Thread: Why does Rangeagon only actually have 3 GCD's in melee?

Default Why does Rangeagon only actually have 3 GCD's in melee?

GTH only down for 3s.

Sorry, melee what now?
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-14-2017 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Thought FOF works

The movement speed boost (Fleet of Foot) doesn't actually benefit from the cd reduction.

I mean, primal avatar wind serpent is a thing, and I think you'd agree that 35m was far worse than 20m. It's still 3 gcd more than any primalist was doing in melee. (Phantom blades is 30m!)
    Harrisonford

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    I mean, primal avatar wind serpent is a thing, and I think you'd agree that 35m was far worse than 20m. It's still 3 gcd more than any primalist was doing in melee. (Phantom blades is 30m!)
    Dervish was never melee to begin with.. The only pure melee soul we've ever had is berserker. The legendaries in Dervish literally killed what Dervish used to be and changed the entire soul into another ranged spec with completely different main abilities and rotations.

The complexity and difficulty of what Dervish used to be is why you never saw them in warfronts pre 4.0. Only Vulcanists & Maelstroms.

Primal lord is now full melee with zero disconnect or ranged abilities.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-14-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Primal lord is now full melee with zero disconnect or ranged abilities.
    Pure melee souls tend to not do well in a meta where 90% of the playerbase is ranged and have more CC/CC breaks than melee. Not unless they are broken like Storm legions warlord was.

Primal lord will be doa in pvp if it has zero disconnects or range abilities unless it's damage is crazy good and even then, good range players will probably kite it to death.
    Harrisonford

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Pure melee souls tend to not do well in a meta where 90% of the playerbase is ranged and have more CC/CC breaks than melee. Not unless they are broken like Storm legions warlord was.

Primal lord will be doa in pvp if it has zero disconnects or range abilities unless it's damage is crazy good and even then, good range players will probably kite it to death.
    Pretty much. Its 24/7 burst, but only melee, zero disconnects, runs slow as hell, has no interrupt or stuns or anything, the only thing it has is a 3s root that knocks everyone else around the target back. icri

lol the reason there aren't any true melee specs is because whenever trion tries to make one its 'completely broken' and all ranged players (90% of playerbase!) qq like there's no tomorrow. This games pvp cant be good if melee specs die in 1 hit along with all ranged players complaining about getting roflstomped by a melee spec because back pedaling op. But i guess that's what you get when more than half of ranged players literally hold s when a melee gets on them.

One of the main problems in rift pvp is that ranged specs are just easier to play with less punishment for playing poorly. Thus players will obviously play them. If melee was actually good then we would see more people try to get better at the game by playing those said specs.

A decent example is current BD. Complete melee, hits like a truck, amazing utility. How many players are playing it well? Under 3. Because its melee. And there are ranged options doing similar numbers at 35m.

Pretty much. Its 24/7 burst, but only melee, zero disconnects, runs slow as hell, has no interrupt or stuns or anything, the only thing it has is a 3s root that knocks everyone else around the target back. icri
    The soul is basically in beta lol, make some requests for int/cc/utility and maybe it will happen. Also i'm pretty sure you have a 15m tele that has zero cd. That's kinda broken in itself.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    lol the reason there aren't any true melee specs is because whenever trion tries to make one its 'completely broken' and all ranged players (90% of playerbase!) qq like there's no tomorrow. This games pvp cant be good if melee specs die in 1 hit along with all ranged players complaining about getting roflstomped by a melee spec because back pedaling op. But i guess that's what you get when more than half of ranged players literally hold s when a melee gets on them.

One of the main problems in rift pvp is that ranged specs are just easier to play with less punishment for playing poorly. Thus players will obviously play them. If melee was actually good then we would see more people try to get better at the game by playing those said specs.

A decent example is current BD. Complete melee, hits like a truck, amazing utility. How many players are playing it well? Under 3. Because its melee. And there are ranged options doing similar numbers at 35m.

The soul is basically in beta lol, make some requests for int/cc/utility and maybe it will happen. Also i'm pretty sure you have a 15m tele that has zero cd. That's kinda broken in itself.
    Yea it does, but you have to sacrifice a fair amount of damage for it.. also it doesnt really help with disconnects, you don't teleport to the guy and get into melee range and you dont run fast enough to close the gap, not always going to be 15m away, you may get 1 or 2 hits off then you're out of range again

Yea it does, but you have to sacrifice a fair amount of damage for it.. also it doesnt really help with disconnects, you don't teleport to the guy and get into melee range and you dont run fast enough to close the gap, not always going to be 15m away, you may get 1 or 2 hits off then you're out of range again
    The tele alone wont by any means make the entire soul busted, but it is a strong tele.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

GTH only down for 3s.

Sorry, melee what now?
    what's a Rangeagon? ... i don't remember see'ing this spec anywhere ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

I actually just went through all the main melee souls and primal lord and cried a bit inside. I hope changes are made before it goes live.

Quote from PTS Section:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-14-2017 at 09:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread