+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Merlin666
  • 3 Post By Rifleman
  • 3 Post By FateStayNight
  • 1 Post By Malackye

Thread: warfront rebalance ...

Default warfront rebalance ...

thee devs were suppose to balance classes in warfonts, this is not balanced, so when are you going to get started balancing?
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    thee devs were suppose to balance classes in warfonts, this is not balanced, so when are you going to get started balancing?
    Has Trion ever said anything about balancing classes in Warfronts?

Personally, I'd prefer that they don't, since variety in team composition is part of what makes Warfronts so replayable.

I dont think He means role locks but soul balance. They can toss PvP nerfs on some skills, souls and I think they should. The fact you have every calling able to do what the other callings do (nuke people in 3-4 hits) is a huge problem.

Example --

Paragon will blow you up. Harb will also blow you up, just like Paragon, but has a huge amount of other skills that make it far more viable. So having Harb able to nuke you in the same amount of time as Para is just not balance.

In conclusion balancing souls and callings is not rocket science. The problem is with the people or person doing the balancing and it is rather obvious the person and or people do not have the time to sit down and think of the balance. Rift has very few people working on it now and the only way we will get real balance is if they listen to their PvP player base and do what we say (For PvP) -- Rifle.

P.S. Rift is not a PvP game but the moment they gutted PvP we started losing players -- So saying Rift is not a PvP game is rather stupid -- Once again the number 1 SL PVP MM Rifleman

"I'll hide behind my team and blow you up -- Rifleman 2014"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post

P.S. Rift is not a PvP game but the moment they gutted PvP we started losing players -- So saying Rift is not a PvP game is rather stupid -- Once again the number 1 SL PVP MM Rifleman
    Just a theory, but for a long time there was nothing else exciting to do but Warfronts. Lots of PVE players left or discovered PVP. So Rift itself may not be a PVP game, but they unintentionally shifted the PVP/PVE playerbase towards PVP.

Personally, now that Cleric is nerfed XXL in PVP I don't play any Warfronts anymore. It's no fun spending ENTIRE warfronts soulwalking at the spawn point. I tried going back to PVE, but it's just not as much fun at all.

I think the best thing they could do is give us all the removed PVP content back. And rebalance of course.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Has Trion ever said anything about balancing classes in Warfronts?

Personally, I'd prefer that they don't, since variety in team composition is part of what makes Warfronts so replayable.
    That seems contradictory to me...
    Unbalance is precisely what kills variety.

If you can kill someone in 3 GCD in an unbalanced spec or in 15 GCD as necromancer, then no one plays necromancer.

Balance brings variety because playing a different spec only means a different gameplay experience.

When things are unbalanced (like right now) playing a different spec means dealing 2 x more ( or 2 x less ) DPS. It's not about playstyle it's about power. Everyone will play the same few specs unless they don't care about being less powerful.

Ascendant

Warfronts are filled with the what I called "CD Superstars" which is pretty ******ed.

Empyrean Ancient Superstars.
    Wavelength Superstars.
    Alacrity Superstars.
    and list extends to pretty much every calling.

Pop a cd and go global a few people then hide behind healers and wait till the next "skill block" comes back up.

First off balance can never be done with how the system is now, aka everyone is upgraded to lvl 70. I mean seriously if everyone is upgraded to one lvl at least make it fair, but with this warpath you can't possibly do that unless you equate everyone to one lvl which would deny the purpose/reasoning to get pvp gear. The system is all jacked up and the reason I stepped out of pvp because their is no balance AT ALL.
    The only way I could see them making a comeback in pvp is to really chain up the warfronts criteria in general. As in things needed for this or that warfront...kinda like dungeons. You need so much sp/cp to enter this certain map but than it would become an arena form, but is that so bad? I do see how it would become a loose rope around your neck very quickly, however in pvp you have nothing to gain but benefits because your not sitting in a dungeon all day long trying to kill a boss, instead you are simply rolling with the punches. I think in order to make pvp great again, they have to learn to balance each soul which I don't see that happening anytime soon, but it is the primary factor here. A great pvp game starts with a group of balanced players. I remember, (yes I'm taking you down that road again) , but I remember being excellent in pvp and I was not a maxed lvl nor did I have the best gear, however I did know how to play my character very well, and that can be some of the problem here but I don't think so.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

I dont think He means role locks but soul balance. They can toss PvP nerfs on some skills, souls and I think they should. The fact you have every calling able to do what the other callings do (nuke people in 3-4 hits) is a huge problem.

Example --

Paragon will blow you up. Harb will also blow you up, just like Paragon, but has a huge amount of other skills that make it far more viable. So having Harb able to nuke you in the same amount of time as Para is just not balance.

In conclusion balancing souls and callings is not rocket science. The problem is with the people or person doing the balancing and it is rather obvious the person and or people do not have the time to sit down and think of the balance. Rift has very few people working on it now and the only way we will get real balance is if they listen to their PvP player base and do what we say (For PvP) -- Rifle.

Just referring to the Marksman comment you made! Let me put it accurately, or calls me a name or flick my ear or real petty and MM will throw its self on the floor crying dead.
    Comfort is a perspective of ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Warfronts are filled with the what I called "CD Superstars" which is pretty ******ed.

Empyrean Ancient Superstars.
    Wavelength Superstars.
    Alacrity Superstars.
    and list extends to pretty much every calling.

Pop a cd and go global a few people then hide behind healers and wait till the next "skill block" comes back up.
    Yeah, this is half of the difference of an exceptional player and just a 'good' player. If you cant keep the flow of damage going outside of your cds you aren't quite there yet. But who cares cus its rift pvp and everyone is bad.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 04-14-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Ascendant

Ah. His choice of words threw me off then. He is referring to balancing souls, not balancing 'classes in warfronts'.

I think we can all agree that some souls need a bit of moderate pruning to address balance issue and perhaps increase the TTK a bit.

Rogue 1 button master race.

Rift Chaser

3-4 months until next balance patch? This speed is killing me.
    Harb, para and assassin over-tuned. Healers are again feel weak except frostkeeper and warchanter. Outside obliterating specs pvp is not too bad.
    Devs should drop a blanket damage reduction onto warfronts for a temporarily fix. They shouldn't allow obliterating specs exist in MMO pvp.

This is so unbelievably true. Get sick of the "not a pvp game". This game started sinking heavily the moment 3.0 was released with the mixed gear. That was the first wave of pvpers to leave. And its been downhill since.

+ Reply to Thread