+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Horgrym

Thread: As a pvper, how do you make your plats?

Plane Walker

Default As a pvper, how do you make your plats?

Fragments are a huge money-sink, and running 5 chars im forever skint.
    So how do my fellow PvP'ers make plat these days?

(i already runebreak for helical stars etc.)
    Last edited by Horgrym; 04-11-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Runebreaking stuff, selling some crafting ingredients, dailies, weeklies, wf caches, the occasional chronicles etc.

I've gotten nothing but **** PvP fragments with caster stats, so I don't have to worry about the plat sink to upgrade them. Lol
    Last edited by Xibitz; 04-11-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Azzteck@Greybriar

Ascendant

most of my plat come from PVP I think. Making sure to do the dailies on all alts, the dailies + chest give a decent amount of plat.

Aside from that, the crafting quests on all my alts as well (only the profitable ones, i.e. the ones using garbage mats), and then I AH the overflow mats from my minions. That's about it.

Not enough to BiS fragment all my characters in a reasonable timeframe, but I mostly just aim to BiS my main. My alts get the failed fragments and bolstered ones to fill in.

Crafting and selling artifacts.

Plane Walker

I have made about 20k plat since 4.0 just from logging in and sending my minions on 4 or 8 hour quests and selling the stuff.
    #endthedoublestandards

Minions, winning.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-12-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Shadowlander

minions, doing the daily chrons, crifts here and there, think ive managed to get 25k plat since i started in januari

Plane Walker

Hmmm ok. Im not crafting and im not doing chrons.
    20k sounds a lot and its defo more than ive made this expac, but im sure ive spend thousands getting a single frag from 12-15.
    Hence, i only have a single L15 frag accross all 5 chars. Im settling for L9 on any tier3 or better war frags and using bolster trash for the rest.

I do think frags are a decent idea, provides that almost impossible to max out upgrade path so theres always something to shoot for but i wonder how many wfs you would need to run to get a full set of tier1 frags with all desirable stats and then how much plat to get them to L15 !!!??
    Frightening numbers i reckon
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

I pray to the plat gods lol, ...seriously I do nothing and in fact I dim more now than pvp so I have no idea how I make money, I guess the easy answer is I get lucky. I Don't buy stuff lol I just do random stuff sometimes with my guild and keep my chin just barely above water. I have a bank full of mats that I'm sure I could make a fortune on but I'm too lazy for that. I am the laziest gamer you will ever meet, but for some reason I still have a bag full of coin I do not spend so that is most likely why I am not drowning or swimming in plat lmao
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

Soulwalker

I play 100% pvp, no crafts, no daylis, no pve. and i have low plat.
    Bigpummp,Cl,Bobsing@Brutwacht

Telaran

there is no way for pvpers to make plat.

Soulwalker

Try to farm and sell mats that are for making consumables, eg potion ingredients(plants - easy 1 pp per plant ), weapon enchantment ingredients(ores - easy 1 pp per ore), salvage the cheap artifact for dream ribbon and sell the ribbons instead etc ( or learn to be a dreamweaver and make the dream orbs).

Rune making ingredients are nice and easy plat but as expansion goes on and players getting geared, the sales won't be as fast or profitable as early in the expansion, since ppl can just reuse the expensive runes instead of buying new ones. Potions/weapon enchantments will always sell well and they usually don't drop in price till the new expansion comes out, so you don't really have to worry about the mats you farmed not selling.

Hope that helps !
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

+ Reply to Thread