+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfronts should scale players to 65

Soulwalker

Default Warfronts should scale players to 65

I was just thinking. Why don't the developers just make it so warfronts scale the player to level 65? They already do this for raids via Intrepid Adventures which I think is a wonderful feature. Being able to practice tanking for as long as I like is very very nice. I clock in maybe 3hrs total just from doing intrepid Adventures. And I would put time into warfronts if there were actually something going on under level 65. But there is not, and I think this would serve as a decent solution.

Shadowlander

First of all, the players would need to be scaled up to 70 (not 65). There is no lvl 65 pvp bracket anymore. All players 65-69 get sidekicked up to 70 and everyone is thrown together.

In theory this might work but, in practice, the sidekicked player(s) would still be extremely underpowered due to not having the full range of abilities that max level players have. You can already see the effect of not having legendary abilities on players 65-69, scaling everyone up to 70 would be even worse.
    Brazill@deepwwod

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Drezie View Post
    First of all, the players would need to be scaled up to 70 (not 65). There is no lvl 65 pvp bracket anymore. All players 65-69 get sidekicked up to 70 and everyone is thrown together.

In theory this might work but, in practice, the sidekicked player(s) would still be extremely underpowered due to not having the full range of abilities that max level players have. You can already see the effect of not having legendary abilities on players 65-69, scaling everyone up to 70 would be even worse.
    I only say 65 because currently players still need to pay for the new expansion. Assuming(like me) they have not bought the expansion yet. Every f2p should have similar stats by the time they reach 65. The only real gap is as you say, the difference in abilities between a lv 10 player and a 65. Which is a tough one to figure out. I would just expect players would really take advantage of the feature when they around at least level 20-30.
    Last edited by Yiaz; 04-11-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiaz View Post
    I was just thinking. Why don't the developers just make it so warfronts scale the player to level 65? They already do this for raids via Intrepid Adventures which I think is a wonderful feature. Being able to practice tanking for as long as I like is very very nice. I clock in maybe 3hrs total just from doing intrepid Adventures. And I would put time into warfronts if there were actually something going on under level 65. But there is not, and I think this would serve as a decent solution.
    That would be the final nail in the coffin to completely kill Rift PvP. You could flood the WF with under-powered under-skilled players.

It is a shame that there are not enough people to have low level PvP but people should still put in the time and effort to at least hit level 65 before being allowed to join the big boy queue.

+ Reply to Thread