Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hailolyergory
  • 1 Post By Lulutala

Thread: PvP Status Update Please

Telaran

Default PvP Status Update Please

still full of tanks?

Rift Master

Tanks are ez to take out now solo with BD, harb, sin and para. The only tanks that are still kind of a problem are VK summoners who can summon through obstacles and speedy tanks that can go twice around Karthans before you can even go once. But yeah I think Primalist became the new FH cleric tank but only because they are tough to stay on.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-08-2017 at 10:25 AM.

I had around 12-15K healing from FH. Now its down to about 1500 in FH tank spec. So yeah a 10x nerf. Maybe that was a bit too far in my opinion considering they have a lack of utility and mobility for a tank soul.

I think people are just so angry that devs are fed up with the community. I remember a stream with Keyens saying that he receives a lot of hate mail. Some people are real easy to talk to and other are not. Either way that can get to a person real fast. In fact it took me awhile in my youtube video making days to learn to ignore the hate. T

I would say I learned that hate is really just being passionate about the game... I think its going to take awhile for them to develop the resilience to look at it from player perspective. Cabicar still works kind of though.. but that is because they get a double teleport so they have sort of the get out of jail card that other classes have unfortunately in aoe soul and not as great as stealth.

Also, I can confirm the experience is pretty harsh for them because I dropped below 50% on my cleric in win/loss rate and they are shuffling clerics into one side against premades all day today..or I am totally unlucky.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-08-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Ascendant

Bit less than there was... I think the decent players mostly got bored of tanks, I see them playing DPS more.

I could get that, I mean in a couple maps tanks have active roles to play, but in most wf it's really just standing there and hope the enemy team is **** and will try to kill you. Can't think why anyone would inflict that on himself. Ok sure sometime it wins, but I wouldn't play something boring just to get a win. You can win as DPS and Heal too, and it's more fun/challenging.

We're mostly stuck with the bad tanks who probably do it because they can't DPS.
    (that's not to say everyone who plays tank in WF is bad, but that's the feel I get, most people who still play tank are usually terrible. They stay to defend a stone but you manage to steal it in like 8 seconds anyway because they don't know how to manage their cc/anticc, etc..)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Bit less than there was...
    That is because there are less players Pvping.
    #endthedoublestandards

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    That is because there are less players Pvping.
    There are less cleric tanks in warfronts, which is such a surprise after the faerie nerf. Primalist tanks are the thing now, but they aren't anywhere near the problem that justicar + Faerie was.
    Harrisonford

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    There are less cleric tanks in warfronts, which is such a surprise after the faerie nerf. Primalist tanks are the thing now, but they aren't anywhere near the problem that justicar + Faerie was.
    We aint got that much self heals for sure, Titanic spirit rekts most heal stuff if you wanna spec in Preserver for heals,
    it kinda gets down to Resilient hide as a fine for every a while heal, Ancestral force which is very interruptable, and the main thing, the Primal avatar :3

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    There are no clerics in warfronts, which is not such a surprise after the faerie nerf.
    Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 04-09-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    We aint got that much self heals for sure, Titanic spirit rekts most heal stuff if you wanna spec in Preserver for heals,
    it kinda gets down to Resilient hide as a fine for every a while heal, Ancestral force which is very interruptable, and the main thing, the Primal avatar :3
    Their self preservation comes with being incredibly fast as well as resilient. If you can't land a blow your effective dps drops to 0 on the tank and that is exactly what is happening.. Unfortunately, class devs can't measure such a thing to balance, only us players and since most people have no clue about primalist tanks they get away with it. There is no parse for speed. This imbalance is going to last the rest of the expansion. I doubt they will treat it the same way as locking a person down with waterjet and or FH . Sad truth. This post will just be another one of those lost and forgotten treasure troves of knowledge as usual cause they are not clerics.. and most people don't care if a class tank is 2-3times faster than them depending on situation.
    SFP only increased they way players are being locked to their class and specific roles with planar fragments and the weapons quest chain. You don't have people rerolling like it was back when we had millions of players and it was immensely easier to reroll. All they are doing is removing players incentive to play their game. It hurts everyone in the end. Even the classes that are benefiting from being OP will feel it when not many left to play their game with them.

There is no point to playing cleric anymore. They have the worse troll tanks now so you can't kind of bypass the terrible player experience. You just have to deal with being gimped and every other class knowing you are a free target for favor and epeen points. Just like the primalist calling everyone noobs spamming 1 button and getting 20+ KBs for the last 4 months... and all the shifted and new OP specs coming in for 4.1.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-12-2017 at 12:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread