+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is it just me or is healing really underpowered in WFs?

Rift Disciple

Default Is it just me or is healing really underpowered in WFs?

Like the title says I'v been pvping a while now and In chloro or FK it feels like I'm doing nothing, like people getting 1, 2, 3 shotted how do you heal through this? Used to love healing in warfronts now I dread even pvping at all, with the new weeklies I'll do it for the marks but that's it. I know I'm not the only one out there that see's this the damage is insanely overpowered and instead of boosting healing to be up to par it stayed the same why?
    Last edited by Gambacha; 04-05-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Good healers are still good. I know fks who are still near immortal. I even know a cleric who kept me alive through 15 minutes focusfire with around 20k hps yesterday. Learn to play.
    Dethmetal@Gelidra
    Dethmagic@Gelidra
    Melee Nerd
    //Playing Blade & Soul atm//
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yHWyzlA8E

Plane Walker

The difference between a good FK(or any viable healer) and a bad one is major, and to a lesser extent the same can be said of dps. So bad dps vs good healer or good dps vs bad healer can seriously skew your view.
    i rarely heal, and im not very good at it, so from that perspective i find it difficult to keep anyone alive against a decent dps.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Heals are fine.

DPS is stupid.

Rift Master

What I find funny is how they screwed over shaman in NT while a couple of months later adding even worse burst and better playability in similar souls for every other class.

When shaman got MB revamp to scale off of crit chance they nerfed and prenerfed shaman before it was even completely done for live. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...p-changes.html

So Shaman got screwed over by being double nerfed relatively fast. One specifically in PvP and the same ability again overall in PvE, which was translated to another PvP nerf.

What they did for other classes is the opposite. Right now BD, Harb, SIN, Para, and whatever the primalist melee is bursting harder and better than shaman ever did in NT and they have way more utility and survival access. It is funny how the class devs make all these specs work well in PvP and during live stream they tell the cleric community that not all souls suppose to be good at everything yet they consistently buff other classes souls to be viable in PvP.

MM/Sab, Ranger/Sab, Sin, BD, Warlord, Paragon, jumpalist and shocker, and elementalist, FK, warlock, Physician and tact are souls that found a way to be massively OP in PvP from since they were introduced/ changed. Where is the complaints about druid, or runeshaper in PvP, and the big complaint about defiler is about someone abusing a bug with legendaries. Remove the crutch that was FH for the classs and it can't be allowed to even troll when they are down in the dumps. However right now EVERY OTHER TANK spec is MORE OP in PvP than Cleric so since Trion is going around nerfing Cleric out of existence the other classes are being ignored completely.

What about now? Is Warden OP in PvP? They are the easiest healer to take out. They can be solo'ed and they are not even top in heals in PvP. Is sentinels balance change making them as effective in PvP as FK and warchanter? Nope. They are also the most hard countered class in the game. Purge kills their heals and their cast time and 1.5 sec. gcd makes them less reactive to burst.

And I don't see them stopping with the nerf bat with clerics either. Right now one or two clerics are going through pretty much every legendary to get something to work in PvP and if it does well it gets nerfed. For other classes they haven't even begun to go through every legendary because they are so OP in dps or hps that they don't even have to so they are avoiding getting their class nerfed for next year or even the whole expansion.

The class devs are not even giving them a proper revamp of the legendary. They will nerf it in x amount of situations. So basically delete the legendary but have it wasted legendary.

As for Trionbrasse saying cleric is the most balanced class. I almost cried because I thought she would defend our class knowing she is a cleric players herself. I don't know how she got to that conclusion on last live stream...The water jet nerf that happen awhile ago was somehow important to bring up as well.. even though the impact of it was felt for just a week or so. Somehow this one week of being OP justifies the reason every other class has remain OP in the eyes of the cleric community for months and in some cases years(physician) in comparison to them in PvP.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-06-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    The difference between a good FK(or any viable healer) and a bad one is major
    This.
    Heals as a whole aren't bad, it's just that some calling's heals are bad. Difference between an FK and a preserver is about as big as difference between one of the FOTM broken spec, and necromancer for DPS.

If you happen to play on the right calling, good for you, if not then it feels like you're healing a DPS who's tanking a raid boss. They're just taking too much damage (because broken specs) and your heals don't do NEARLY enough (because ****ty calling).

You notice that easily when playing different heals, and you notice that also when DPS'ing different heals. There's heals that you can kill in a few seconds with no trouble (unless crosshealings) and there's some that you can barely hurt at all unless you're playing one of those one-shot/two-shots type specs.

If you're playing FK and feel like heals are UP it might be a gear problem or something tho. FK is more than fine. Not enough to save everyone under heavy fire (the game would be pretty stupid if an healer could keep everyone alive anyway) but it definitely gets the job done and heals enough to be more valuable to the team than just 1 more dps.

If DPS specs are ever fixed and made more reasonable FK will probably be OP again like in NT. All heals should be fixed too and be made to heal for maybe 80 or 90% of FK output.

That makes me think, how does this work in PVE? I mean, FK heals are like 2x stronger than other callings... Is this because some other specs are hit by huge pvp reductions on their heals and FK isn't? Or is it the same on PVE?

Atm, FK is a bit over the top. I blame leg. ER.

My cleric is now nearly full PvP gear, and I can output more healing on my mage who is still in sub 70 gear without a crystal bonus.

I see tons of bad FKs and it is not hard to out heal them on my cleric, but anyone that knows anything about FK heals should be able to out heal any comparable sent healer.

I think they just need to ditch leg. ER and just rework the spell, FK has had so many changes that they probably just need to sit down and rethink what they want out of that soul. The soul as it was intended is gone, and now it is just a patchwork of hot-fixes.

Warden if fine, I don't have any problems with it. It is actually more interesting to play now, than it was before SP. Ya, it is squishy as heck, but I feel that should be the case for a AE heal spec. They can dump an insane amount of heals to multiple targets at once; there needs to be a trade off for that.

Sent could use a bit more defense. I also feel a 61 leg. buff should not be purge-able, conceptually it just does not make sense that their strongest spell can be removed with a simple purge. Sent ST healing actually seems fine it is just overshadowed by FK's healing.

Default hh

well all i can agree on is that rogues ST healing (physician) is really underpowered considering the other classes, im good healing with warrior and mages, clerics still don't got the hang of it yet but im starting to

Ever since SFP got launched, there weren't any buffs to physician even tho it really needed some
    Last edited by Semiso; 04-12-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Heals are fine.

DPS is stupid.

yeah heals are fine, if you arent a cleric.

Sent get substantially better with gear. They still need a little help, but just to let aspiring cleric healers know that it gets better as you gear up. A very gear dependent healing class, as opposed to FK where you can have trash gear and still do decent heals.

If sent just had a bit more defense I would be a happy camper. FK has built in defense which means more of their healing goes to party members.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-10-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    And I don't see them stopping with the nerf bat with clerics either. Right now one or two clerics are going through pretty much every legendary to get something to work in PvP and if it does well it gets nerfed. For other classes they haven't even begun to go through every legendary because they are so OP in dps or hps that they don't even have to so they are avoiding getting their class nerfed for next year or even the whole expansion.
    Almost none of the Cleric legendaries are performing legendary now because of the nerfs. Actually, in PVP the normal fairy healer is healing more now then the legendary version. Which is bonkers.

I only play my mage now. It is childishly easy to play compared to Cleric. And the legendaries are performing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    As for Trionbrasse saying cleric is the most balanced class. I almost cried because I thought she would defend our class knowing she is a cleric players herself. I don't know how she got to that conclusion on last live stream...The water jet nerf that happen awhile ago was somehow important to bring up as well.. even though the impact of it was felt for just a week or so. Somehow this one week of being OP justifies the reason every other class has remain OP in the eyes of the cleric community for months and in some cases years(physician) in comparison to them in PvP.
    Maybe she doesn't do PVP? Or maybe this means that if Cleric is now "balanced" the others are super OP. And that they are planning big nerfs for them too now?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Atm, FK is a bit over the top. I blame leg. ER.
    From a Chloro's perspective, Legendary Earthen Renewal is perhaps mildly overtuned. The big problem I see with the FK is Legendary Ground Zero. That +75% bonus to ER/Rime effects their legendary versions as well, and is the reason I often see Legendary Earthen Renewal critting for 100k+ in the Warfronts.

With Harmony and Earthen Rapport, one of those Leg.ER crits ends up doing a total of 180k healing before even accounting for the heal transferred via the GZ mechanic.

A better (and more reasonable) version of Leg. GZ would be a 15 second duration with a 1 minute CD, and maybe a 25% bonus to ER/Rime included.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 04-11-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    From a Chloro's perspective, Legendary Earthen Renewal is perhaps mildly overtuned. The big problem I see with the FK is Legendary Ground Zero. That +75% bonus to ER/Rime effects their legendary versions as well, and is the reason I often see Legendary Earthen Renewal critting for 100k+ in the Warfronts.

With Harmony and Earthen Rapport, one of those Leg.ER crits ends up doing a total of 180k healing before even accounting for the heal transferred via the GZ mechanic.

A better (and more reasonable) version of Leg. GZ would be a 15 second duration with a 1 minute CD, and maybe a 25% bonus to ER/Rime included.
    That + the current nerf to ER would just kill frostkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    That + the current nerf to ER would just kill frostkeeper.
    I bet it would still heal more than sent. Frostkeeper has been broken since release. I don't think frostkeeper players know what a balanced healing soul looks like.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 04-11-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    I bet it would still heal more than sent. Frostkeeper has been broken since release. I don't think frostkeeper players know what a balanced healing soul looks like.
    Yes, i agree that frostkeeper has been broken since release -- and yeah i know how much stronger it is then say preserver.. i mean hell i do 19-20k hps over 5 min in preserver and i realllllllyyy gotta work for it, and frostkeeper right now is easy town.

The problem I visualise is that heals will just take a long time and be too weak for its use imo. I don't like legendary ER personally, i think it was a silly decision, i like the caster version of FK not the fully mobile one. But it shouldnt take that long just to get a decent heal off, an amazing heal with GZ? Yeah, but not a decent one.

IMO, ER healing in general should be nerfed, however the timeframe should be reverted and GZ should also be nerfed to a 10s duration like every other healing CD in the game and buff the next 3 ER's, not the next X within X seconds because that is why it is massively broken.

Sentinel for example, Nyol's hope only does 4? or 5? Preserver's essence flow only does 3. Warchanters tactical rest does 3 i think, not certain if rogue has one I don't remember the last time I played phys. But yeah FK currently has a 75% boost for infinite amount during a 30s window which is insannneeee.

So revert the time nerf on ER, lower the healing by ~50% of ER (May actually be more worth it to use Natural Healing, which would actually bring FK in line with other heals or at least very close), then nerf GZ to buff the next 3 ER's by X% like every other healing class (however you still get that bonus heal 2 people for 10s perk, actually this can still be 15s imo, but only 3 ER's will get buffed.)

Should talk to kirb about sent, he does really well, best in pvp i've seen recently.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-11-2017 at 06:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast