+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By NBliss
  • 2 Post By Aedynn
  • 1 Post By beyondcaring

Thread: Eternal Weapon for pvp

Default Eternal Weapon for pvp

Will there be Eternal Weapons for pvp. That you can upgrade doing pvp objects?
    Or at least disable the pve eternal in pvp.
    The pve grind to upgrade those weapons is just unbearable for a pvp player: I just cant do it. I stopped playing this game the moment I saw what I have to do to upgrade those.

Quote Originally Posted by NBliss View Post
    Or at least disable the pve eternal in pvp.
    They are disabled for PvP. They're bolstered with no proc.

Nice to hear, someone told me that they are not disabled so he could have been wrong.

But a pvp version of eternal weapon would still be nice. There are enough pvp objects that you can count to upgrade the weapon, so that it will force more players to actually do objects in pvp.

The procs are disabled for PvP, .

I also noticed the level 65 greaters seem to have their procs disabled. I was gonna use my mana proc greater and just live with the up bolstering, but it never proced after several WFs.

Personally I am not even gonna bother to level my eternal weapon, it is not needed for PvE and it does not work in PvP.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post

I also noticed the level 65 greaters seem to have their procs disabled. I was gonna use my mana proc greater and just live with the up bolstering, but it never proced after several WFs.

Personally I am not even gonna bother to level my eternal weapon, it is not needed for PvE and it does not work in PvP.
    Cleric doesn't have to level eternal weapons, they will suck with or without it since people are saying they are up to 30% under the other classes in dps and in PvP they can be on average 45%-50% under ezmode 1- 2 button specs from other classes or classes with an iwin button that does 120K damage in 1 gcd.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-05-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Cleric doesn't have to level eternal weapons, they will suck with or without it since people are saying they are up to 30% under the other classes in dps and in PvP they can be on average 45%-50% under ezmode 1- 2 button specs from other classes or classes with an iwin button that does 120K damage in 1 gcd.
    I was more thinking of healing and never-ending Crucial Invocations by using the hammer with my mana greater, but it does not matter as neither one works in PvP. I suppose I could use it as a PvE setup, but PvE is so easy.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-05-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Ascendant

Personally I am not even gonna bother to level my eternal weapon, it is not needed for PvE
    It's probably gonna get needed at some point tho, won't it? I mean, any future content will be trivial if it's meant for people having 'normal' weapons but a lot/most of the raid with have eternal weapons.

Telaran

they didnt even make a pvp version?

Telaran

why would you waste a greater slot on that lol. even in sent, mana isnt an issue anymore. suppose it doesnt matter with bolstering though. could put anything in there.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    why would you waste a greater slot on that lol. even in sent, mana isnt an issue anymore. suppose it doesnt matter with bolstering though. could put anything in there.
    " suppose it doesnt matter with bolstering though. could put anything in there."

You have your reason right there, why abandon a perfectly good proc when the greater is up bolstered anyways? Yes mana is no longer an issue but it is still something to consider and the mana proc would have ment more total over all HPS. But it seems they have killed greater procs in PvP, at any rate.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-06-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    It's probably gonna get needed at some point tho, won't it? I mean, any future content will be trivial if it's meant for people having 'normal' weapons but a lot/most of the raid with have eternal weapons.
    I don't think you'll ever "need" it. If the raid buff works in PvP, that is something to consider.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-06-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Now Procs work in wfs by today's patch. But I think those are still get down-bolstered. I'm not sure because I don't have Eternal Weapon. Then, We, PvPers, should get Eternal Weapon? Or still PvP Weapons are good for wfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko View Post
    Now Procs work in wfs by today's patch. But I think those are still get down-bolstered. I'm not sure because I don't have Eternal Weapon. Then, We, PvPers, should get Eternal Weapon? Or still PvP Weapons are good for wfs?
    The cleric's eternal weapon does not seem to be working in the WF. Still no mana reduction.

The wording in the patch notes is a bit ambiguous.

WARFRONTS & PVP
    * Fixed an issue allowing Eternal Armor and Weapon procs to work in Warfronts.
    I read it as meaning it fixed an issue which was allowing procs to work in the WF.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-12-2017 at 05:51 PM.

I read it as meaning it fixed an issue which was allowing procs to work in the WF.
    ah...my bad...I was misunderstanding. Thank you, Jeremiahcp.

+ Reply to Thread