+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Aresz
  • 2 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 2 Post By Chizle
  • 1 Post By Sodomeyes
  • 1 Post By Malackye

Thread: Why are Warfronts before 65 dead?

Soulwalker

Default Why are Warfronts before 65 dead?

Hey,

I've just come back to Rift after 5 years off. PvP is really the only thing I'm looking for: low level, high level, anything. I have heard a lot of people on chat say that there is no pvp before 65 and Trion killed it after 4.0. I asked in trade chat and people just said that no one does it because everyone just wants to get to 70 asap and pvp is way too slow to get exp. I can't believe that out of how many thousand people still play Rift there aren't even 10 on to make a single 15-19 WF though. Even if it didn't reward any exp there would still be a few people willing to pvp.

So what's the deal? Are WFs disabled before 65? Are they active but people just don't join because it's too slow a way to lvl? Is there some other reason?

Sorry for all the questions. I've spent a few hours looking for answers but as forums are constantly updating I can't seem to find anything that tells me much about the history that has gone down regarding pvp recently.

Instant Adventures have killed pvp under 65....

Not only PvP, also the Dungeons in low level... 2 Hours IA and you are 60 or maybe higher. Sad but the Truth.

Edit: and they are not disabled...you can wait Hours and sometimes one BG comes up ^^
    Last edited by Aresz; 04-04-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    > English is not my native Language <

Ascendant

^this

IA killed all low level stuff really.
    You could queue WF all day (back when they popped) and make less XP than you would now afk'ing 15 minutes in an IA.

And sure people can go "Well it's fun, why don't people do it if it's fun?" in MMO people want to get to the endgame fast. PVP and dungeons don't allow that, not nearly as fast as IA's anyway.

As I've said in another thread, they should boost PVP/Dungeon XP to make it match IA. Even MORE than ia really.
    Not only to allow people a choice on what to do to level, but also to make the game seem more alive. They surely lose a bunch of players who download the game, queue for a couple hours as soon as they hit level 10/15, then uninstall&leave thinking there's no one playing anymore.

Everyday there's 10+ people asking about this, and there's certainly 10 times that many who DON'T ask and just quit because they assume dead low level content = dead everything.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 04-04-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies

You're exactly right. I actually tried to come back to rift a year ago. WF queues were several hours like you mentioned so I left after a day thinking the game was dead. I'm trying to give it more of a go now but I really don't feel like spending 100 hours grinding to get to 70 then another 100 hours actually getting gear just so I can compete with others.

It is quite sad and strange that Trion have alienated such a large part of the community with something that could easily be fixed just by changing exp rates. I was going to make a post suggesting a change but won't bother if you've already made them, it seems it won't do much anyway.

I wonder how many people/money Trion has lost by simply not balancing the exp rates between pvp/dungeons/AI? Or is it a deliberate thing, just like they cut the amount of wfs available have they deliberately cut the exp to discourage people from doing wfs?

Warfronts were popping for a while a bit ago because I was queueing with 4 mates for a while in low level pvp at times.

They then got to level 65, and got into raids and stuff, and turned their backs on the low level pvp.

Instant Adventures are quick to level up with an XP pot, but no need to exaggerate and say you can get to 60 in 2 hours, because that's not happening. .

Me, I can't stand IA's and dungeons. I did that crap in WoW and Allods and countless other games, then I join Guildwars and Star Wars Old Republic and level up only to find the pvp rubbish as well. .

It seems to be dying everywhere, and the ONLY way it's going to happen is if enough people want it to happen.

All I hear now with the level 70 stuff is how all the bolstered 66-68 level people are giving half pvp geared people a towelling. . . I mean, come on. . what the hell are you guys trying to do to the pvp, totally eradicate it???

Level cap pvp should be just that. . . it's how it was before. . why has that changed now?

This game has such potential, and deep down I really love it. . . but seriously, if these guys are only in it for a short cash haul, that's what this game will be. .

It's starting to circle the drain, something needs to change, or it most definitely will die.
    (NA 65 and under PvP Guild "The High Ground"
    Dimension Warfronts and group/guild PvP)

https://www.facebook.com/Rift-NA-PVP...4823102520026/
    Lobotomeyes 65 mage, Merklasalkrem 65 Rogue.
    Numerous low level Pvpers.

Soulwalker

You make a lot of good points. It is dying everywhere. The other MMORPGs I've played are all not what they used to be either. I reckon the introduction of MOBA games probably has a lot to do with it. People that just want to log on and battle play a game like LoL and don't have to worry about questing and grinding to be any good in the actual arena.

Having said that, I think there still is a good market out there for MMO PvP if they do it properly but most games seem to just be leaving it out because it's not as popular, therefore profitable, as PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizle View Post
    Hey,

I've just come back to Rift after 5 years off. PvP is really the only thing I'm looking for: low level, high level, anything. I have heard a lot of people on chat say that there is no pvp before 65 and Trion killed it after 4.0. I asked in trade chat and people just said that no one does it because everyone just wants to get to 70 asap and pvp is way too slow to get exp. I can't believe that out of how many thousand people still play Rift there aren't even 10 on to make a single 15-19 WF though. Even if it didn't reward any exp there would still be a few people willing to pvp.

So what's the deal? Are WFs disabled before 65? Are they active but people just don't join because it's too slow a way to lvl? Is there some other reason?

Sorry for all the questions. I've spent a few hours looking for answers but as forums are constantly updating I can't seem to find anything that tells me much about the history that has gone down regarding pvp recently.
    Many people arent pointing out the other obvious point. The population is low. Like really low. That and the fact that trion has systematically been cutting everything to do with pvp for a couple of years now. So it is what it is.

+ Reply to Thread