Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Merlin666
  • 2 Post By AVGVSTVS
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By Xlavius
  • 1 Post By Samuraii

Thread: Worth Coming back?

Default Worth Coming back?

So WoW has pissed me off (again!) and just read that 4.1 just came out for Rift. Is it worth paying for the game? For PVP?

I heard Cleric was terrible...is that true?

Looking for insight.

Thanks!
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

the re-balance they did sucks, clerics got there nuts chopped off, healers got nerfed, mages still overbearing, ranger's still cant fire off a arrow whithout fumbling for an arrow (in which time you can be dead from any other class) .... hmmm, did i miss anything? but they did put some weekly and daily quest's in alittu for level 70 only toons, level 60-65 don't get them quests. personally i think they are getting ready to shut the pvp switch off for 60-65 like they did for low level pvp, thats why they did not include 60-65 in those quests ... <sigh> another day at rift ... if i missed anything i'm sure you'll hear it from someone.
    Last edited by Merlin666; 04-01-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Champion

What he said. ^^

I can confirm. Clerics cannot survive in PVP for more then just a few seconds. If you want longer, you'll have to full tank and try to do some trolling. But you'll still melt very quickly though.

And about 75% of the PVP content was deleted. But that was already in 4.0

I dunno inquisitor still rips your face off at range within in 4 or so hits i counted 130k+ damage.
    but ofc mindless mage can hit you for 100k with 1 ranged ttack while being best melee in the ****ing game.
    rogues just free for all with their come and go in stealth whenever they please.

basically you get one shoted by range and warrior can barely defend itself in melee

i ****ing hate this patch.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 04-01-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvermoon View Post
    I heard Cleric was terrible...is that true?
    It's not so much that it's terrible... It's more that we're in the '******** specs' meta, everytime they nerf a broken OP spec they create 2 new ones at the same time.

Cleric is reasonable.. But reasonable just doesn't cut it when facing Broken op specs.
    Cleric just can't pull enough broken OP stuff to compete against the stupid OP stuff other specs are doing. Cleric's "broken" stuff is not nearly as strong as other specs broken stuff, like AI (buffed) on a 2 minutes cooldown and interruptible, compared to stuff on much shorter cooldown and instant cast, etc...

Haven't healed much on a cleric lately, heard it wasn't very good but I've seen quite a few clerics doing well. Again, probably reasonable but can't pull the same ******** an FK does so there you have it I guess.

It's not like hopeless, by that I mean, if you're good you can do reasonably well on a cleric. But you'd do better on a different calling for the same skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    It's not so much that it's terrible... It's more that we're in the '******** specs' meta, everytime they nerf a broken OP spec they create 2 new ones at the same time.

Cleric is reasonable.. But reasonable just doesn't cut it when facing Broken op specs.
    Cleric just can't pull enough broken OP stuff to compete against the stupid OP stuff other specs are doing. Cleric's "broken" stuff is not nearly as strong as other specs broken stuff, like AI (buffed) on a 2 minutes cooldown and interruptible, compared to stuff on much shorter cooldown and instant cast, etc...

Haven't healed much on a cleric lately, heard it wasn't very good but I've seen quite a few clerics doing well. Again, probably reasonable but can't pull the same ******** an FK does so there you have it I guess.

It's not like hopeless, by that I mean, if you're good you can do reasonably well on a cleric. But you'd do better on a different calling for the same skill level.
    AI actually got nerfed lol. 50% on bolts down 35% then perseverance 25% down to 15%. The patch notes were wrong.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

Depends on what you are looking at.
    PvP there's a lot of viable cleric stuff you could do.
    PvE dps wise, clerics is about the same level now as Rogues were for the past 5 months.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 04-02-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    PvP there's a lot of viable cleric stuff you could do.
    Like? Please do tell... How much can you do in under 2 seconds before they melt you?

Tank spec, equip shield and tanking fragments and stay out of the way. That's how you can try to leach pvp crates off of winning teams.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Like? Please do tell... How much can you do in under 2 seconds before they melt you?

Tank spec, equip shield and tanking fragments and stay out of the way. That's how you can try to leach pvp crates off of winning teams.
    All I can say is there are many clerics doing in pvp just fine including healing.

Maybe you melt in 2 seconds, and I am terribly sorry about that.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    All I can say is there are many clerics doing in pvp just fine including healing.

Maybe you melt in 2 seconds, and I am terribly sorry about that.
    Are you a troll? Seriously, are you a troll?

I just spent the last 3 hours in warfronts with my mage. Wich plays childishly easy btw. And I found two lonely clerics that entire time. And they were stupidly underpowered. I can one-shoot just about anyone with my mage.

Default :(

I hate playing FoTM classes/specs, although I do have all 5 classes at level 65 but my ultimate favorite class (most geared) has always been my cleric. Seems like I'll have to dust off my mage. I did have fun FKing on her.

Another Q. Is there PVP while leveling up to 70? Are there quests for it?

Thanks!
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Thanks!
    -there is no low level pvp (you need to be at least 65)
    -there is pvp at 65-70
    -there is only quests for lvl 70 pvp at alittu (and whatever quests at margle plaza are still there, I think)
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Cleric Cab. has some decent CC abilities.

Cleric heals is not so bad once you get your gear going, but it will suck hard until you are geared.

I don't DPS so, I don't know there.

I hate playing FoTM classes/specs, although I do have all 5 classes at level 65 but my ultimate favorite class (most geared) has always been my cleric. Seems like I'll have to dust off my mage. I did have fun FKing on her.

Thanks!
    The XP in PvP is very low for leveling. I find the fastest way to level 65 - 70 is to do quest and run NTEs.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-03-2017 at 09:50 AM.

As previous posters said, clerics are in a bad state, i will be pushing feedback for clerics to get buffed in 4.2, so stay tuned, until then play other classes, its easy to gear up alts for pvp gear

+ Reply to Thread