+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Reduce PVP damage

Default Reduce PVP damage

There is no point to healers now. Everyone dies instantly. Damage is way too high for every class (except cleric, ignoring nuke beam).

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    (except cleric, ignoring nuke beam).
    le sigh, what were people complaining about last week? RIP clerics you will be missed.

on topic, i agree, BUT its a tender number to adjust so id be careful, frostkeeper could become very op once again very fast if no caution is taken.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-31-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Plane Walker

oh thankgod its not just me..

yeh its simply no fun having a rogue pop on you and wiggle about frantically for 3secs = dead.
    or that warrior who appears to be waving his arms at your but its actually a paragon doing the alacrity dance at you for 3secs=dead.
    or that annoying crunchy hissy sound that tells you an ele has targetted you with burst 2secs=dead.
    etc..
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    oh thankgod its not just me..

yeh its simply no fun having a rogue pop on you and wiggle about frantically for 3secs = dead.
    or that warrior who appears to be waving his arms at your but its actually a paragon doing the alacrity dance at you for 3secs=dead.
    or that annoying crunchy hissy sound that tells you an ele has targetted you with burst 2secs=dead.
    etc..
    You manage to survive 3 seconds? You must be running a tankspec then? I've already seen people complaining that Clerics are still OP.

I've been noticing recently that a lot of people, who are the same class as me, playing the exact same specs, are doing 2-3 times the damage with every ability as I am.

I guess I'd assume it's related to PvP crystals, since that's the only thing I don't have, as I'm in pve gear.

Even something like Sparkling Destruction, which deals a portion of SP as damage, and SP is downbolstered in PvP, will still being doing 2x the damage mine does, it's always the same select few individuals, and I haven't been able to figure out why.

But basically as a dps they can kill someone in 2-3 GCDs, and as a healer they can instant full heal them selves with a single spell.

For instance in Harb with every single buff running, my Ethereal Blast can crit in the low 30s, these few people do 60-80k with an Ethereal crit, even without managing their buffs properly.

As an FK, my Legendary ER does ~23k healing, crits for about 36k, these same few people are critting for 80-90k with it in PvP.

Not really sure what the reason is, but it feels like there's no real point playing when you do 1/3rd the damage and healing as the same class, in the same specs, playing just as well or better, simply because there's some kind of messed up interaction you don't know about.

Without that, damage is really low in PvP, the people who've lead you believe damage is way to high are probably the ones doing 200-300% more than others, I've only seen about 5-6 of them for sure, but they're in warfronts all the time.

Again, I'm assuming it's some kind of interaction with the pvp crystals, or maybe just the gear.

But damn it sucks, basically can't participate without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    I've been noticing recently that a lot of people, who are the same class as me, playing the exact same specs, are doing 2-3 times the damage with every ability as I am.

I guess I'd assume it's related to PvP crystals, since that's the only thing I don't have, as I'm in pve gear.

Even something like Sparkling Destruction, which deals a portion of SP as damage, and SP is downbolstered in PvP, will still being doing 2x the damage mine does, it's always the same select few individuals, and I haven't been able to figure out why.

But basically as a dps they can kill someone in 2-3 GCDs, and as a healer they can instant full heal them selves with a single spell.

For instance in Harb with every single buff running, my Ethereal Blast can crit in the low 30s, these few people do 60-80k with an Ethereal crit, even without managing their buffs properly.

As an FK, my Legendary ER does ~23k healing, crits for about 36k, these same few people are critting for 80-90k with it in PvP.

Not really sure what the reason is, but it feels like there's no real point playing when you do 1/3rd the damage and healing as the same class, in the same specs, playing just as well or better, simply because there's some kind of messed up interaction you don't know about.

Without that, damage is really low in PvP, the people who've lead you believe damage is way to high are probably the ones doing 200-300% more than others, I've only seen about 5-6 of them for sure, but they're in warfronts all the time.

Again, I'm assuming it's some kind of interaction with the pvp crystals, or maybe just the gear.

It's gear.

/10char

Ascendant

Hmm. Mine crits for 31k or 32k. An FK crit one on me for 101k a few days ago. Probably before the recent nerf.

I'm assuming Legendary Ground Zero is responsible for some of that disparity, but gear is likely the cause for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Hmm. Mine crits for 31k or 32k. An FK crit one on me for 101k a few days ago. Probably before the recent nerf.

I'm assuming Legendary Ground Zero is responsible for some of that disparity, but gear is likely the cause for the rest.
    Does pvp gear give some kind of bypass to the downbolstering? (as in is it not downbolstered like pve gear of equal level)

If so guess I have to farm a whole set just to be able to participate in warfronts.
    Also nerf bards.

Does pvp gear give some kind of bypass to the downbolstering? (as in is it not downbolstered like pve gear of equal level)

If so guess I have to farm a whole set just to be able to participate in warfronts.
    A very huge part of it is fragments.

Rift Disciple

-sin and para hurt
    -harb hurts (para+riftblade utility, a small stealth and a debuff heal zzzzzz)
    -sham can do some damage but it doesn't have the same disconnect abilities as para/harb
    -prima....wait Gilgad find a good spec perhaps

If things stay the same for 4 months like patch 4.0, playing para all day long will be boring as hell. The goal of this patch wasn't to adjust some specs?
    Wish they could have nerf Riftblade dps to put it at equal to other specs but now, having to preload a 3 point icy burst insteed of a 1 point icy burst to benefit of the legendary icy burst just take tooooo long time to burst.

Hard to say it, but gonna miss 4.0 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    A very huge part of it is fragments.
    My fragments are doing rather well, and no amount of fragment upgrades would give me a damage increase like that.

If pvp gear is untouched by bolstering, then I can kinda see it equaling a very large damage increase, as I'd gain over 5k INT and SP that I'm losing by having pve gear currently.

I know fragments help, but I don't see it being a large portion.
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    -sin and para hurt
    -harb hurts (para+riftblade utility, a small stealth and a debuff heal zzzzzz)
    -sham can do some damage but it doesn't have the same disconnect abilities as para/harb
    -prima....wait Gilgad find a good spec perhaps

If things stay the same for 4 months like patch 4.0, playing para all day long will be boring as hell. The goal of this patch wasn't to adjust some specs?
    Wish they could have nerf Riftblade dps to put it at equal to other specs but now, having to preload a 3 point icy burst insteed of a 1 point icy burst to benefit of the legendary icy burst just take tooooo long time to burst.

Hard to say it, but gonna miss 4.0 lol
    Primalists hurt, in specific conditions. https://gyazo.com/f21b904d394808f694e14e9f98b9121c

My fragments are doing rather well, and no amount of fragment upgrades would give me a damage increase like that.

If pvp gear is untouched by bolstering, then I can kinda see it equaling a very large damage increase, as I'd gain over 5k INT and SP that I'm losing by having pve gear currently.

PVE Gear & Fragments:
    https://gyazo.com/0bbdd7105f6004b0830f0acbc9a5377d

PVP Gear & Fragments:
    https://gyazo.com/0cde7e889d1d5564ee22ce33d18db710

Seems about right to me. Good WFs the last couple days.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Fragments are like a second complete set of gear and as such they have a huge impact in your DPS/HPS and survivability. Also since you are using PVE gear, I have to ask the question if you are using PVE fragments or PVP fragments? PVP fragments only come from warfront chests you get when you win a match and always have the word "War" in the title of the fragment.

The difference between the exact same fragment stats on PVP compared to PVE fragments can be HUGE in warfronts. There is an exact floor of stats that all PVE fragments are bolstered to, (bolstered up or down) no matter how high or low you have upgraded the fragment to. However PVP fragments and gear completely ignore bolstering. I believe that PVP fragments can be bolstered up to the "stat floor" however I have not tested this, just from what I've heard.

Generally if you are playing with PVE fragments it is like being in a PVE enviroment with all world dropped green gear and comparing your dps/hps with someone in top tier PVE raid gear.

Here is a thread describing what gear you want to aim for in PVP at the moment as well as describing the bolstering stats for fragments...click

Hope this helps,

Thunder

might be doing something wrong cauz im able to reach 100k's to 115k's with ER :/
    Last edited by diolixis; 03-31-2017 at 07:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast