+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The best 5man composition atm

Rift Disciple

Default The best 5man composition atm

1 cab - broken root is the most op
    2 mm - has best sustain dps, best burst aoe, and best pulling
    2 healers - one Fk is fixed. Rest one would be bard/phys(please don't use medical leeching in pvp) or WC.

is just a bs.

Just find 5 geared "good" people and destroy.

If your 5man is weak, it means your each man is not good.

Confirmed.
    Last edited by MusclPig; 03-24-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

Advises people to use cab.

Delete thread pls.

lol 99.9% of the good players left the game, why min/max with a 5 man pm? There's no point when you're facing bads over and over and over again, and that's if you can even get a queue pop.

A few weeks back i was duoing with makh and we were getting paired against people that we would never see in matches if matchmaking had a larger pool to choose players from. Its not fun roflstomping players game in and game out and knowing that the playing field isn't fair.

I just wish rift had a bigger pvp population. Pvp would have been so much more fun facing other players that can compete even at the slightest. Maybe i'm over exaggerating and i might be a special snowflake in regards to my opinion but it is what it is. Rift pvp is casual, with casuals playing it.

/rant
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    lol 99.9% of the good players left the game,
    then I am 0.01% rofl i didn't take me as that good.

I just wrote this because of personal message of forum from someone asking "what do you think best 5man"

I wrote something similar 2years ago. but different circumstance to that time.

I wrote the same thing as what you think x. There is really rare wfs which contains more than 5 competitive people ((I don't mean best or excellent. just who knows how to and try to win) in both team. In this state, there is no need to consider best composition.

So. for the conclusion, if you make a group for pvp, it's usually enough. at least your rest memebers would replace same numbers of noobs or afkers.
    Last edited by MusclPig; 03-25-2017 at 01:21 AM.
    <Unicef>

Rift Disciple

lol 99.9% of the good players left the game, why min/max with a 5 man pm? There's no point when you're facing bads over and over and over again, and that's if you can even get a queue pop.

A few weeks back i was duoing with makh and we were getting paired against people that we would never see in matches if matchmaking had a larger pool to choose players from. Its not fun roflstomping players game in and game out and knowing that the playing field isn't fair.

I just wish rift had a bigger pvp population. Pvp would have been so much more fun facing other players that can compete even at the slightest. Maybe i'm over exaggerating and i might be a special snowflake in regards to my opinion but it is what it is. Rift pvp is casual, with casuals playing it.

/rant
    BTW. come back. with bringing my love snuggle, reis, chef and mini and makh
    Last edited by MusclPig; 03-25-2017 at 01:38 AM.
    <Unicef>

Quote Originally Posted by MusclPig View Post
    please don't use medical leeching ANYWHERE*

Fixed it

/10char
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

There are a lot of flat out broken abilities that ignore break free's right now, coupled with ele/pyro one shots, which is coupled with nearly unkillable cleric tanks, etc etc you name it.

Basically pvp is officially dead, and there's nothing 4.1 will do to change that.

The worst part isn't any of what I wrote above though, those are just problems. The worst part is that there is literally no dev communication, nor does there seem to be any actual dev interest in fixing pvp. That's the root cause of everything we're seeing.

Scratch that, there's not even any dev interest in looking at pvp anymore let alone fixing it.

Because of the sheer lack of dev communication, or interest in rift pvp, problems like the above go on for months at a time before they are even looked at and/or fixed. And when they are fixed there's no punishment for people who have been abusing these broken abilities, nor is there even an apology from the devs.

Hate to say it, but rift pvp is done, and rift pve isn't far behind. This time next year, I would not be surprised if trion focused most of rift's resources into dimensions, lockboxes, cosmetics, and mounts.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-25-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    snip
    The devs listen to the loudest voices.
    As you said, there are specs one-shotting people and stuff, but you look at the forums and what are people complaining about most? Fairy heals. Few threads for like 10-15 pages total crying about it.

So that got the huge nerf hammer.
    So instead of healing you for like 10k before you get melted down in 1-2 GCD, it'll heal you for 2k. But that's what people wanted and cried about the most, and that's what we got. So why complain now? Because you expected EVERY SINGLE BROKEN SPEC to be nerfed at the exact same time? This was never to happen. Hence why I repeatedly said, in the other thread, deal with the strongest OP/broken spec first. There are many things broken/OP in pvp, but if you start by the least broken one, you just make the most broken ones even more powerful.

That's what we got.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 03-25-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    As you said, there are specs one-shotting people and stuff, but you look at the forums and what are people complaining about most? Fairy heals. Few threads for like 10-15 pages total crying about it.

So instead of healing you for like 10k before you get melted down in 1-2 GCD, it'll heal you for 2k. But that's what people wanted and cried about the most, and that's what we got. So why complain now? Because you expected EVERY SINGLE BROKEN SPEC to be nerfed at the exact same time? This was never to happen. Hence why I repeatedly said, in the other thread, deal with the strongest OP/broken spec first. There are many things broken/OP in pvp, but if you start by the least broken one, you just make the most broken ones even more powerful.

That's what we got.
    Couldn't have said it better myself tbh. Paragon on the PTS is killing in 1 gcd again. Sin does 75k dps during the burst which is a 4 second kill on every player timer starting directly out of stealth. And rogues number of viable specs is going to be ******ed, bd hitting consecutive 80k+ crits lol what. Looks like primalist seems balanced and mages are going to 1 shot people with harb & pyro. Clerics are meh, but were used to it by now. People were harping about TTK being too low, don't take it with a grain of salt that its probably going to be even lower after 4.1 because there are new specs that are going to roflstomp and beloved clerics have gutted self heals (which a lot of people rerolled to have & that made TTK significantly higher overall especially against lower skilled dpsers)
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-25-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

That's what we got.
    What are you even talking about, literally pyro/ele was the FIRST spec that got hit with the nerf bat on PTS. Taken from the very FIRST post on PTS balance changes :

Elementalist
    Legendary Prismatic Volley damage bonus reduced to 20%.
    Legendary Elemental Burst damage reduced drastically, but proc chance increased to 80%.
    Fairy heals was literally one of the LAST abilities looked at. Both you and Xclsive are missing the entire point of my post and still seem very upset at fairy heals, all while ignoring the actual facts and order of events.

4.1 will have broken specs with it yes, and all these abilities that keep ignoring break frees will still be broken, HENCE WHY I SAID....

Basically pvp is officially dead, and there's nothing 4.1 will do to change that.

ele/pyro was the strongest spec and it got dealt with first. The devs literally did exactly what you seem to be complaining about, but you're ignoring it.

We're trapped in the NT cycle all over again where they're just buffing and nerfing classes for PvE/raiding and then dealing with the fallout of how that effects pvp several months later, and I'm not going through that again lol.

P.S 3% nerf is way too harsh, 9% was very acceptable. Or, they could've even kept it at 12% but had it so it could only proc once every X seconds in pvp. Basically they could've done any number of things except nerf it to 3%, don't blame the players because the devs like to napalm abilities left and right.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-25-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

What are you even talking about, literally pyro/ele was the FIRST spec that got hit with the nerf bat on PTS. Taken from the very FIRST post on PTS balance changes :

Fairy heals was literally one of the LAST abilities looked at. Both you and Xclsive are missing the entire point of my post and still seem very upset at fairy heals, all while ignoring the actual facts and order of events.

4.1 will have broken specs with it yes, and all these abilities that keep ignoring break frees will still be broken, HENCE WHY I SAID....

ele/pyro was the strongest spec and it got dealt with first. The devs literally did exactly what you seem to be complaining about, but you're ignoring it.

We're trapped in the NT cycle all over again where they're just buffing and nerfing classes for PvE/raiding and then dealing with the fallout of how that effects pvp several months later, and I'm not going through that again lol.

P.S 3% nerf is way too harsh, 9% was very acceptable. Or, they could've even kept it at 12% but had it so it could only proc once every X seconds in pvp. Basically they could've done any number of things except nerf it to 3%, don't blame the players because the devs like to napalm abilities left and right.
    There was a huge thread about fairy here http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ing-4-1-a.html

People didnt complain about ele/pyro until some brought it up. People like you wanted fairy heal nerf before 4.1 and ignored ele/pyro, so what are you talking about?
    Why not nerf ele/pyro before 4.1 if you think that was a priority?

Huge words you got there Pedro, since when are you a spokes person for rift?
    Last edited by Samuraii; 03-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Ascendant

We're not missing it. Exclusive made the point before you even replied : They didn't do a thing to remove 1-shots and 2-shots and stuff like that...
    They only changed the soul that does it.

So instead of being killed in 1-2 gcd by THIS SPEC while FH heals you for 10k, you're gonna get killed in 1-2 gcd by THAT OTHER SPEC while FH heals you for 10k. Wait no, for 2k.

Does it really make a difference? Of course not.
    Dealing with the biggest problems first means making sure there's no one shot/stupid DPS specs like that. Because that is GAME-BREAKING.

FH, as op/not following pvp rules/broken as it is, isn't GAME-BREAKING because it's ultimately of little consequences. If you have an healer on your ***, it doesn't increase the amount of healing received by a large amount, over the time it takes to kill someone in pvp.

And if you don't have an healer on you, then you get melted down in seconds so again it doesn't do that much.

FH was good against low dps specs/players, because when you deal 10k damage of course a 5k heal will hurt you. Asks those guys who constantly get 20, 25, 30 kills in warfronts, how much FH hurt them. They don't give a **** about it, because it doesn't even do any difference. Sometime it takes them 1 more GCD to get the kill, sometime it doesn't even do that much.

Balance has to be made for the highest level of players, not for the random trash potatoes. If you were to balance the game for potatoes, healers would need to have 100k health and heal for about 5k hps. Anything else and they can't kill it. But you don't do that because if you did then no healer would be allowed to stay alive for 2 seconds when the skilled/geared players on good specs would obliterate them.

the FH nerf is a potato-nerf. FH didn't really impact strong players, only the poor dps ones. So they got that in, and meanwhile they just swapped which specs 2 shots people from one soul to the other, and THIS affects people even at the strongest level, THIS is game breaking. But it'll still go on rampant ( only with a different spec name ) while they dealt with an unsignificant ability.

Yeah. That was also part of the point. The 15 pages threads on Fairy heal got us that 3%.
    Look at the page notes for balance stuff, there are constnatly small nerfs, 5% here, 10% there...

But of course they won't do that when they believe that the community ( such a big thread! ) thing FH is the bestest thing in the game. They'd think you guys would go ARE YOU LAUGHING AT US? if they did a reasonable nerf. So there you go. They nerfhammered it so bad that literally no one can complain about it anymore, because it's utterly trash and useless now and no one will ever use it anymore in a WF because the amount it will heal would barely be good in the previous expansion. And entirely irrelevant in this one.

EVEN when they eventually remove all 1-shots and 2GCD kills in the game and the TTK is a bit lower ( say, 5-10 seconds ) it will still only heal you for like 10k in that LONG ttk. You don't want to spend a legendary point to heal for 5k or 10k in a fight. So it's completely useless.

And of course I'll blame the players for it, because it's entirely your fault. There are abilities that are WAY more broken than FH and didn't get nerfed that bad, only minor nerfs. Because people don't write 10 pages of complain about it.

But heh, as I said in the other thread, I play all classes, nerf don't affect me directly... If they nerf cleric, it just means that my clerics are less successful, and my other classes are more successful given that clerics is worse. Overall it doesn't affect my effectiveness. So I'm never looking for "my calling to dominate" because I don't have a calling. I'm only looking for balance, and right now cleric is really bad.

I've never had problem killing clerics more than any other class, FH or no FH. and the nerf will just make them easier targets. It made bads a little less bad - which is a good thing imho - and made good players way more survivable (well, those who used it anyway) unless they were up against the broken specs obv.

Now what do they have? Not much. This nerf will also gut shaman I expect most shamans to swap spec unless they have pocket heals now. This small pocket heal allowed for a bit of melee play, but now... Don't think we'll see them much outside of blighted.

Once again we start the cycle of you going fh is okay because broken one shot specs exist. I guess by that logic then one shot specs are fine too since without them fh would be way too strong @ 12%

They nerfed the one shot specs you complained about and now you're complaining about other one shot specs and your solution is to bring fh back to 12% this argument is so silly and you know why? Trion doesn't care about pvp and it's super obvious. I doubt that thread had any effect on the fh nerf. If it did can we all agree to do a 12 page thread on the broken cc abilities that ignore break free? Like the sabo one that's been there since the rework.

This is what I mean. It's pointless discussing anything pvp related because nothing will actually get balanced or fixed at this rate. Pvp isn't even an afterthought to Trion anymore. We're more like an annoyance to them at this point because we're another balance nightmare. I'm out.

This nerf will also gut shaman I expect most shamans to swap spec unless they have pocket heals now. This small pocket heal allowed for a bit of melee play, but now... Don't think we'll see them much outside of blighted.
    Even with FH i only played shaman in blighted, or 5-7 player matches. Anything else was suicide. Shaman was a suicide spec before aswell and FH didn't change that, all it did was help healers heal through poke damage, burst is still burst. And shaman is still shaman. No utility, once you go in you're not coming out, just die. Thus on roflstomps when you're all in you can do good. But its not like any other melee spec couldn't do it better.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-26-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Even with FH i only played shaman in blighted, or 5-7 player matches. Anything else was suicide. Shaman was a suicide spec before aswell and FH didn't change that, all it did was help healers heal through poke damage, burst is still burst. And shaman is still shaman. No utility, once you go in you're not coming out, just die. Thus on roflstomps when you're all in you can do good. But its not like any other melee spec couldn't do it better.
    This is a good post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast