+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How active is the pvp now?

Default How active is the pvp now?

I haven't played in over a year. Considering coming back to try out the pvp scene again since Guild Wars 2 is having a lot of problems but last year the population was just not there.... Did we ever get an influx of new/returning players or is the population still very small?

And can I still participate in current endgame pvp without the new xpac?
    Einswaldt - <The Art of War> - Deepwood
    ich habe gesündigt, ich erstellt haben, ich zerstört haben
    My Bandcamp - My Deviantart

Plane Walker

Trion have removed even more things from pvp. There are now only about half the warfronts and there are no pvp weeklies or dailies.
    I honestly dont think trion wants anyone to return to pvp as theyre doing their best to remove all trace of it from the game.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    Trion have removed even more things from pvp. There are now only about half the warfronts and there are no pvp weeklies or dailies.
    I honestly dont think trion wants anyone to return to pvp as theyre doing their best to remove all trace of it from the game.
    Seriously? Why on earth is this company intentionally tearing their game apart? Obviously what they've been doing has totally killed most of the game's population so they continue to do it? Clearly whoever is behind management has their fingers stuck in their ears and their eyes far away from what they've done.
    Einswaldt - <The Art of War> - Deepwood
    ich habe gesündigt, ich erstellt haben, ich zerstört haben
    My Bandcamp - My Deviantart

Rift Disciple

Horgrym is correct.

All domination maps, Scion, the Tomb are gone permanently it seems. There was talk about having some kind of rotation, but all we have seen in 4 months is Whitefall coming back.

It seems they have put some effort into some 3 vs 3 mini warfront concept, in my opinion totally misguided. I predict that those will be completely dead after a couple of weeks.

On the EU shards warfronts are still popping ok, but it is clear that the number of players participating is getting lower and lower.
    Many of the old players quit or put the game on hold.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gretzel View Post
    Seriously? Why on earth is this company intentionally tearing their game apart? Obviously what they've been doing has totally killed most of the game's population so they continue to do it? Clearly whoever is behind management has their fingers stuck in their ears and their eyes far away from what they've done.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I dont get it.
    Im probably in a minority thinking that, all things considered, balance is 'less bad' than it has been at many times in the games history. But faint praise aside, i just dont understand why they cant give us dailies/weeklies/pvprifts and the full suite of warfronts(minus bronzetomb perhaps).
    Im not even asking for new things, just old things that were inexplicably removed!!
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I dont get it.
    Im probably in a minority thinking that, all things considered, balance is 'less bad' than it has been at many times in the games history. But faint praise aside, i just dont understand why they cant give us dailies/weeklies/pvprifts and the full suite of warfronts(minus bronzetomb perhaps).
    Im not even asking for new things, just old things that were inexplicably removed!!
    Domination maps were bad to keep in the game. They only favored rogue. Rogue is already severely OP and can destroy 90% of FOTM specs with Assassin. Unless they are looking to making rogue severely crippled I don't think they should bring back domination maps. Or at least make stealth behave the same as the worse stealth in the game.. Cabalist stealth which doesn't even break aggro, breaks on movement and any type of damage and you can't stay stuck in stealth forever. Maybe only 10 secs with 1 min cd.

Telaran

they dont make money off pvp, thats why they dont support it.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    they dont make money off pvp, thats why they dont support it.
    What you clearly fail to note, is that they make money off of subscriptions. And plenty of people had paid for this game for the pvp and were forced to leave when they no longer supported it. That is where they really failed in this game.

The devs were not smart enough to keep a well balanced game in all areas. And because of that, we see a floundering mmo.......

All the devs care about is those raiders, wich according to what i heard are less than dimension players.

People que wf to get their dailys, you see the same players over and over in same warfront, 5 on each in a map for 15 players.
    Lets hope things get better in 4.1

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    What you clearly fail to note, is that they make money off of subscriptions. And plenty of people had paid for this game for the pvp and were forced to leave when they no longer supported it. That is where they really failed in this game.

The devs were not smart enough to keep a well balanced game in all areas. And because of that, we see a floundering mmo.......
    whoever bought this game for pvp isnt very smart lol

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    whoever bought this game for pvp isnt very smart lol
    Shall I word it differently. They may have not bought it "for" the pvp, but were truly pvp'ers nonetheless. This game, at one time, had good pvp and they squandered it all away.

Perhaps the concept is just too big for you. In a squandering mmo, the last thing you need to do in any capacity, is chasing anybody away who pays for your product or spends a good chunk of time on your product.

Let that sink in a little. If you still cant grasp it, I can surely go into greater detail.

Is Hello Kitty still a pvp guild? I hope they didn't kick me out.

I mean, I'm not playing anymore but it would still hurt my feelings.

How is everyone??

Still popping up for me frequently. Some specs are out of whack but when have we ever had a balanced game??

As others mentioned, some maps got locked away which were supposed to be rotated (and so far we got whitefall and black garden Halloween version for some reason)

Not so good if you're just looking to PvP or PvE. Better hold off for 4.1, things don't change and that'd be all that she wrote.
    Azzteck@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Is Hello Kitty still a pvp guild? I hope they didn't kick me out.

I mean, I'm not playing anymore but it would still hurt my feelings.

How is everyone??
    We'd never kick you Appendy <3

Yea we are still around, but we don't really have much pvp to do anymore. We've been doing more pve heck, we even went and tested the new raid on PTS

Not only are we largest ERP/PvP guild in Rift, we are now a pillar of the raiding community #success

Game really is in a bad state though, less and less people play every day.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    The Real Rift Community Discord! Check It Out!
    Check out the New Rift Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/ Be Constructive!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    We'd never kick you Appendy <3

Yea we are still around, but we don't really have much pvp to do anymore. We've been doing more pve heck, we even went and tested the new raid on PTS

Not only are we largest ERP/PvP guild in Rift, we are now a pillar of the raiding community #success

Game really is in a bad state though, less and less people play every day.
    Awww I might come visit soon. I think I have to reinstall everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast